“Nicely surprised” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Los Gatos, California
“Nicely surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel has been recently renovated, so the rooms are very nice, quiet, and have everything you need.

Cab ride from airport is $40. Take the Marta for $3.50 (2.50 for ride, 1.00 for card). The Marta will take you about a block away from the hotel. So easy,,,

The lobby area is a great place to hang out. Lots of seats to sit and use the free internet, a great bar area, and a cool market place that has great treats (I'm not gonna lie, but I bought some Christmas gifts here).

The biggest plus of this hotel was the meeting staff. We had a meeting here, and the staff was fantastic. Great food, and they really took care of us. Everyone checked in regularly to make sure we had what we needed, and its makes a meeting go easy when you can get help immediately.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level. The hotel is built like a square with the lobby below and the doors all face...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HyattAtlanta, Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you posting your experience on two travel sites. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our hotel, staff, nearby shopping and access to MARTA. We are actually attached to the MARTA station so you don't have to walk outside to get to the hotel! We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I don't have status here since I don't stay at Hyatt's often
The hotel is nice and clean. I stayed one night then transferred to the Hilton which is connected indirectly between the Hyatt and Marriott.

There are two towers one has been updated one has not be sure to ask for the atrium tower.
The only complaints were that the ironing board is built into a amore/closet which is about 28" long and useless.
Bed is comfortable bathroom clean and staff nice.

Hyatt for you? Sure it is a good Hotel but remember that if you are a Marriott or Hilton person... Those hotels are connected with a heated sky bridge and a short walk.

I also have to comment on their new food service which I found to be very good. The restaurant has a old country style which was nice but my favorite is the market which is opened 24 hours and has everything from fresh pastries to pizza cooked to order. This is one of the few places that have such a nice 24 hour service available

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us and our 24 hour Market. We hope to have you back with us in the future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was wary of reserving at a Hyatt Regency (they can be worn), but the price was right, so I tried. It turned out to be much better than expected. The recent renovation means the rooms are darn nice. Service was really good, if not exceptional, and the lobby has a nice vibe at night. I'll make this my place to stay when I'm in Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. We look forward to your return in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Booked our trip on Priceline...when we arrived we realized we were booked in a double instead of a king. We asked if there was any way to upgrade. Desk clerk informed us that there were no kings, but that he had a queen in the radius tower with an awesome view...he made the change and was more than accommodating! He was right...view and room were perfect for a date night! Hotel was spotless and all staff, including valet, were outgoing and eager to please. All of this on a very busy weekend with the SEC championship game in town. Very impressed!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, our hotel and your stay. We look forward to you spending another date night with us in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I expected a $198 room to be a little better but overall I enjoyed my stay. Slept well, it was very dark and quiet. Got the balcony view, which was beautiful at night. Overnight vallet parking was $32, picking up the car was a tad bit of a mess as it was very busy and people were not picking up their cars.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back with us soon.
Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel got a face lift and it is very nice The new Regency Room on the 22nd floor is small but not crowded and is open all day for most part It is not as well supplied as the Marriott next door but is adequate
Parking is exspensive
Front desk service was outstanding
Maids were late arriving on our stay

Room Tip: The international tower for faster elevator service The 22nd floor connects for the Regency Room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your enjoyed the Regency Floor room and look forward to your return in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Other than the beautiful interior of the rooms and hotel and sumptuous buffet breakfast, there is much improvement needed in order to call it 5 stars. This is my first trip to Atlanta and the hotel seemed to provide a good deal. I had booked a king room for 6 nights under the "Business plan" option in Mid-Nov. This includes complimentary bottle of water daily, however, I did not know that the water needs to be requested at the front counter every single day which is totally unexpected and very tiresome. Don't publish complimentary if the hotel guest is required to constantly ask the front desk for it. Secondly, internet which is included in the package is only for 1 registered device, so if you need to connect different devices (even if it is only 1 device at any one time) - laptop, ipad or mobile phone, you need to pay additional $5/day to upgrade the internet. The most shocking revelation is when I returned home, I found my credit card being overcharged. During the hotel checkout, the front desk presented me a bill showing multiple meals at the restaurants (totally $51.31) which were charged to my room even though I NEVER dined at the bar or restaurant for dinner or lunch. I disputed these charges on the spot and the front desk informed me they will credit back these incorrect charges to my account immediately. I felt better then. However, when i just checked my statement today, it shows that I am still being incorrectly charged these extra costs!! This is ridiculous! I have stayed in many top hotels before and never come across such service or difficulties in room billing. Even emailed hyatt, but no response still. This leaves a very bitter after taste for a trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you to come to a resolution. Please see contact information in your inbox. Thank You.

Been to Hyatt Regency Atlanta? Share your experiences!