“Bad Stay!” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cantonment, FL
“Bad Stay!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

With a group who checked in late recently for a two night stay. All room keys were supposed to be ready. Only approximately half were ready & a group of very tired travelers had to wait 40 minutes for the keys to be made. Breakfast chits were left out of both groups room key packets. Room assignments were not correct and had to be re-done. Luggage was supposed to be delivered to each room and instead, was piled in the middle of the floor near the elevator on each floor. Our room had dirty spots on the floor and black hairs in the bath tub. Several in the group had coffee pots which did not work and they called for replacements and never received them. Also, some of the rooms thermostats did not work and they also called for repair and never received any response other than a promise that the desk people would "send someone up". The only thing "good" that I can say about this hotel was that the rooms were large. Never again would we even consider this motel!

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear trees6,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Our goal is to provide excellent guest experiences but it is unfortunate that we were not able to provide one on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for the sub par service received and room maintenance being poor. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Again, thanks for your review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

From check-in to check-out the entire experience was Fantastic! I work in the hospitality industry and I can be critical but I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family, absolutely no complaints. The girl that checked me in was very friendly and accommodating. Also, Megan was terrific and made sure everyone in our group was taken care of.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel while attending a meeting and really enjoyed the meeting environment and meals during my stay. My room was spacious and very clean and very stylish. The ambiance throughout the hotel was more than I expected. It is really nice to see that Holiday Inn's are looking new and modern and fresh. I would definitely return to this hotel should I be traveling to Atlanta again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was a great find. The price was budget-friendly (and my deal included hot breakfast) so off the bat I feel like I got a good value. Free parking. The lobby was very nice where I had a couple drinks at the bar and the service was good. My king size room was very nice and modern, comfortable, clean...I just really loved the look. When I arrived there was a delicious cupcake in my room which I didn't expect (or I sure hope it was part of the room deal lol) and it came in handy later when I got the munchies. Nice roomy bathroom with plenty of counter space. Free wifi everywhere, can't beat that. I also had breakfast the next morning and the service was excellent. The food was ok, but it was a hot meal with several options (the waitress even got me a special order of turkey sausage) and again a great value.

I usually try to stay in Marriott properties to earn points but I really liked this Holiday Inn. Great location too if you are going anywhere in the Perimeter area (just try not to go during rush hours).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Located just off the northern Perimeter in the Dunwoody area, this Holiday Inn property accomplishes what you want in a discount hotel: comfortable accommodations, friendly service and reasonable rates. I was in town for a weekend event and chose this hotel because of its proximity to the event plus other reasons. The facility isn't new, and there are many ways that's apparent. However, the public areas as well as most of the corridors and rooms have been renovated. The lobby is surprisingly large and laid out well for congregating, including a bar area with multiple flat-screen TVs. There are at least a half dozen large conference rooms for events, a big drawing point for this hotel.

I arrived around noon, but my room was ready and the staff happily let me check in early. My nonsmoking king room was large enough and came equipped with mod-style furniture that contrasted a bit with the clearly dated ventilation, open closet and bathroom layout. Nevertheless, it accomplished what I wanted: a clean, quiet room on the fourth floor with a comfortable bed. The room came with a large flat screen TV mounted to the wall across from the foot of the bed, plus a mini-fridge and Keurig brewer machine. The bathroom (esp. the tub/shower) was small, but I didn't require anything esp. larger.

What even better is that along with your already affordable room rate, you also get complimentary parking, WiFi Internet (which was very fast while I was there) and a breakfast buffet (which was relatively well-apportioned in the hotel's dining area). And, the hotel's proximity to I-285 makes it a nice jumping off point for touring and other business. It's on the northern side of Atlanta, so it's nowhere near the airport. But travelers coming in from the north will find this a very good choice. Make no mistake: this is not luxury accommodations. But, you get what you pay for, and in the case of this hotel, sometimes a little bit more.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. I'm not sure when/if they'll get all the room redone, but until th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a great Holiday Inn. Their location is conveniently 1 block off the freeway, the rooms were clean, and they have an awesome lobby. The lobby is very spacious and open, has tons of seating, and a full bar with ~4 TVs to watch. We liked the lobby so much we actually only went up to the room to sleep. Kudos guys on a great setup.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
nghanem0507, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I can’t thank you enough for you great review and we appreciate the fact you share it with the TripAdvisor readership .Thank you for recognizing The Holiday Inn Brand for its great new product, outstanding guest services, ideal location and exceptional comfort. We are greatful for our team in delivering the Holiday Inn Promise and creating a hotel that guest love. I am grateful that we have been able to change your view about the new holiday Inn Hotels. Hearing feedback from guests such as you is one of the many reasons our team members are so proud to be a part of the new Holiday Inn Brand. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the accommodations and the food and beverage service from our outstanding colleagues. Our team members are full of pride and gratitude. “Quality means doing it right when no one is looking." I strongly trust that our team has a passionate desire to be triumphant and they will be. We are looking forward to your return as our guest in the future Thank you. Have a pleasant and wonderful day sincerely. Nabil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This might be under rated star because of the service. The staff was great and treated you has if you where at a 5 star hotel. I will be back because of the staff and the price was great for Atlanta 3 star it's location was great also. Free WFI,parking

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your reflections regarding your visit to our Holiday Inn Brand Hotel we truly appreciate the fact you shared your feedback with the Trip Advisor readers. It is our pleasure to always attend to all the needs of our guests. We trust we have a hidden gem in our Team , Great Holiday Inn Services and outstanding food and food presentation , and we will continue improving in every part of our services .We are thrilled that we have delivered the holiday inn promise and created a hotel that guest love. My colleagues and I exhilarated that we have gain you as a loyal guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments on our Holiday Inn Brand Hotel. Please join our IHG reword .program so our team can even do more in showing our gratitude for your feedback. We are very grateful to you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments; I can’t thank you enough for all your kind words. We look forward to your return and thank you very much Nabil

Been to Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody? Share your experiences!