The Holiday Inn Perimeter is VERY Clean, Beds are quite comfortable, and the upgraded rooms are quite pleasing to the eye. The breakfast buffet is over what one expects, as it has actual, cooked food.....eggs, bacon, biscuits, sausage....fruit, cold cereals, breads and a small danish selection. Juice and coffee are also complimentary. All in all the hotel is excellent...what follows is simply commentary on a bad weekend choice for us...
The down side...the hotel was hosting the "Southern Singing Star" competition......this must be an American Idolesque event..as the hotel was overrun with teens and young adults, and some parents....this...combined with the NCAA Final Four Fans led to interesting nights to say the least. Every door in the hallways were closing with the highest volume known to mankind, there were no lightly closing doors, and being jarred awake by slamming doors is not my favorite overnight activity.
Although I would definitely take the slamming doors over the drunken loud Final Four Fans who for some odd reason believed all of us wanted to be in on their "hilarious" conversations.....and raucous laughter....not so entertaining at 3 am.
the staff were wonderful, the proximity and safety factor are there for travelers, it s easy to find, just was a BAD weekend that WE chose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary shuttle service is available within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. This wonderful Atlanta hotel is located in the heart of the Atlanta Perimeter Business and Entertainment District. The Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Perimeter caters to the savvy business traveler as well as the cultured leisure traveler. Just a quick access lane away you will find the corporate giants of Hewlett Packard, Philips North American Headquarters, GM Doraville Plant, and our corporate parent- InterContinental Hotels Group. The Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Perimeter is located just one mile east of Perimeter Mall and situated near Atlanta s premier medical institutions, such as Northside Hospital, St. Josephs Hospital, Emory Dunwoody Clinic, and Scottish Rite Children s Healthcare of Atlanta. Conveniently located 15 miles north of Downtown Atlanta and 1 mile east of MARTA (public rail), this Atlanta hotel presents the perfect embarkation point for culture, shopping, and fun throughout the Atlanta, Georgia area. Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Perimeter consists of 250 well-appointed rooms, ample banquet facilities, and an exceptional restaurant. Our hotel facilities offer over 10,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space all on one floor. We are proud to offer free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody Hotel Atlanta
- Holiday Inn Select Perimeter
- Holiday Inn Atlanta
- Atlanta Holiday Inn