“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Miami, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel has a great location in ATL and I was surprised by how clean the property was. The staff were very courteous and always greeting me whenever I walked by. Overall this is a great hotel to stay at and I highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you, we appreciate your thoughtful comments! We certainly want our guests to feel the outstanding 'Southern Hospitality' the moment they arrive! We're pleased to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the great service from our team. We are passing along your gracious compliments of the team they are outstanding representative and wonderful colleague. It is always means so much when a guest extends compliments to our team and we thank you very much. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with TripAdvisor readers. We are grateful that you like the new Holiday Inn and the direction we are going.We are delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service from our colleagues. Have a pleasant and wonderful day evening sincerely. Nabil

482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The quality of the room, lobby, or buffet breakfast cannot make up for walking out to the parking lot to discover your vehicle was stolen! Nothing was done for us other than to call the police and remind us that they are not liable for our vehicle. There are no security cameras and no security guard checking the parking lot even though Atlanta and surrounding areas are known as high crime areas. Another vehicle was vandalized in the parking lot the same night. It has been 24 hours and there has been no apology, offer to secure a rental car, or any compensation.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Sir,

I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through. The safety and security of our guests is absolutely a major priority. We certainly have 24 hour secutiry at the hotel, we advise our guests not to leave their car keys, laptop or anything of value out publicly as these types of things could happen anywhere. Unfortunately, when something like this happens, and this is the first time ever - we have an obligation to immediately call the police. I am so sorry that our team did not give you the comfort that you certainly deserved after an incident such as this . I will be more than happy to try to make up for the inconvenience you had to go through by refunding your stay. Please contact me on my cell phone, to discuss this further 404-984-0006. I sincerely apologize. I certainly understand your frustation. I assure you this is the first time something has ever happened like this at our hotel. Thank you again, and I am sorry ~ I wish you a great weekend. Nabil
Mableton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

It has been years since I last stayed in a Holiday Inn hotel. I travel for business a lot and I usually use a different hotel chain. I stayed at this Holiday Inn because of a group function and I was pleasantly surprised by the place. The hotel is as nice, if not nicer, than many of the hotels that I usually use. The lobby and open areas are nice and spacious. The rooms are very nice and clean. The front desk staff were totally professional and friendly.

I would recommend this hotel to any of my family or associates who wish to stay in the Perimeter Mall area. Since the hotel is only one interstate exit from Perimeter Mall, it is close to the mall without all of the congestion. In fact, the hotel is located only about half a block away from the I-285; easy access to GA-400 which takes you directly into downtown Atlanta.

This Holiday Inn was a nice surprise.

Room Tip: It helps if you are a Priority Club member. Higher floors have less parking lot noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on the new Holiday Inn with the TripAdvisor readers. I can’t thank you enough for giving the Holiday inn The opportunity, we look forward to have you as repeat guest in our Hotel, I would like to stress that we continually strive to ensure every guest of our hotel and restaurant leaves with a positive, lasting impression. My colleagues and I thrilled that we have gain you as a loyal guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor. I can’t thank you enough for all your kind words about the Holiday Inn. My colleagues and I are thrilled that you found our team, food and guest service outstanding. Thank you for recognizing the new Holiday Inn direction and for its great new product, outstanding guest services, we are thrilled that you enjoyed the accommodations and the food and beverage service from our outstanding colleagues. Please return again soon and often and once again, many thanks. Nabil
fletcher
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel has a great location in north Atlanta, It is close to Marta and they will give you a ride. The breakfast which is complementary is outstanding and there is a shopping center right across 285. The rooms were nice and had plenty of parking, overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, we appreciate your thoughtful comments! We certainly want our guests to feel the outstanding 'Southern Hospitality' the moment they arrive! We're pleased to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the great service from our team. Great review much appreciated! We are passing along your gracious compliments of the team they are outstanding food, beverage and restaurant representative and wonderful colleague. It is always means so much when a guest extends compliments to our team and we thank you very much. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with TripAdvisor readers. We are grateful that you like the new Holiday Inn and the direction we are going.We are delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service from our colleagues. Hearing feedback from loyal guests such as you is one of the many reasons our team members are so full of pride to be a part of the new Holiday Inn Atlanta Perimeter. Have a pleasant and wonderful day sincerely. Nabil
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We would give this hotel 4.5 stars if we could. Everything exceeded our expectations except for the buffet breakfast.

We arrived in the evening to a well-lit parking lot with plenty of spaces. Check in was very friendly and speedy. Took the elevator to our room on the fifth floor. The room was very modern and clean. Lots of outlets, excellent TV, and very responsive thermostat. Bed was perfect, with a mix of soft and firm pillows. Water bottles and Keurig coffee maker were available. Bathroom was a comfortable size with nice toiletries. No noise from other rooms so we slept quite well.

The front desk clerks were always very friendly and had great restaurant recommendations. The only area where this hotel needs improvement is with the breakfast buffet. On the first day of our stay, the hotel wasn't too busy so we were offered a sit down breakfast (breakfast was included in our rate). The french toast was excellent, but the service a little slow. However, on the next few days, the standard buffet was offered. Here is where we had a few problems. On the first day of the buffet, we arrived 30 min before the end time. The waffle maker had already been put away, so I had no idea this was even an option. I went for the hot foods, which included scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage links. The eggs and sausage were not good...very bland. The bacon was good. There were other items such as bread (toaster available) and fresh chopped fruits. On the next day, the waffle maker appeared. Although it is hard to mess up a waffle, I found their batter and syrup more bland than the ones I had recently at the Country Inn. So to sum up, the buffet is hit and miss, mostly because the items lack flavor.

In closing, we will return without question. We loved the hotel, the price, and the location (close to a highway). Major bang for the buck here. However, unless we get a great rate on breakfast, we would likely opt to eat out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to convey your observations about our Holiday Inn to TripAdvisor. Thank you for taking the time to express your observations about our Holiday Inn. We truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Your remarks will be shared with my colleagues; to continue ensuring your satisfaction and loyalty to the Holiday Inn Brand the team continues the improving process for the future of the hotel. I want to alleviate any concerns you may have and assure you that the quality and service that you rightfully expect from a hotel are in no way compromised instead been enhanced. We immediately implemented measures to enhance the breakfast buffet so nothing like this will happen. Next trip you will receive complementary dinner for bringing this issues to our attention. Thank you “Our Guests want the very most and the very best, on the best terms. Only the individuals and the team that provide absolutely excellent products and services at absolutely excellent prices will survive”. We are and we will continue to be that team. We have addressed the breakfast immediately; we have isolated the glitch and a corrective action in place to prevent this from happening again. Thank you again. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us. I assure you we have taken your comments and feedback to be great direction to improve thank you for your immense feedback. We look forward to your return and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. Sincerely, Nabil Ghanem,
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

A business colleague (Phil Bellury) and I have been having meetings at the Holiday Inn at 285 and Chamblee Dunwoody Rd for several years. I have complemented the staff at this facility before but I forgot to say a special thank you to Asmerett.

Last winter, I was experienced pain in my back which made sitting for meetings somewhat uncomfortable. Asmerett asked about the pain and a few minutes later arrived with an assortment of pillows for me. For the next several months, when Phil and I met, the pillows and a smiling Asmerett greeted us.

I can't say enough about how well the staff at this facility responds to their clients. This hotel ought to be a training site for Holiday Inn staff. They do it right every time and in every way.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
I can’t thank you enough for all your kind words about the Holiday Inn. My colleagues and I are thrilled that you found our team, food and guest service outstanding. Thank you for taking the time to express your observations about our team spicily Asmerett she is one of the most wonderful individuals in this Hotel. I am very glad you were welcomed so warmly and with southern hospitality from the beginning of your stay and the exceptional service continued right until the end! I also value your honest feedback and sharing your interpretations with the TripAdvisor radars. Your remarks will be shared with my colleagues; to continue ensuring your satisfaction and loyalty to the Holiday Inn Brand the team continues the improving process for the future of the hotel. It brings me great pleasure to read that you considered our hotel Home away from Home. Our team strives to be the best they can be every opportunity they get. There goals are very clear “to give the best service to all guest at all times - no exceptions”. The Team and I truly trust .Our team beyond doubt believes that they will continue doing great thing every occasion they get. I do want to express my sincere appreciation for you for noticing my colleagues and their efforts in making Holiday Inn hotel the best in Atlanta. We look forward to your return and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. Sincerely, Nabil Ghanem,
Stony Brook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I selected this hotel on the basis of the Trip Advisor rating, and I was not disappointed. Check-in was pleasant and professional and quick, which I appreciated after 8 hours on the road from Central Florida, but it was the room itself that let me know the hotel was out of the ordinary. ALL the amenities, including a Keurig coffeemaker, were at hand in a room that was softly and dramatically lit and stunningly decorated. (I actually took a photo of it with my cellphone.) Bed and bath were just as impressive, approaching luxurious. The next morning I was slightly taken aback by having to pay for breakfast, since styrofood of some sort is usually included, but I was actually delighted to pay for what I received, an excellent buffet, perfectly prepared and fresh, COOKED not microwaved, fresh squeezed juice and fresh fruit, and the service was superb. Really. I complemented the chef when he came out of the kitchen to check on everything(!) I won't stay anywhere else from now on when I'm in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you I am so happy you liked your accommodation and the great service you’re received from my colleagues. Thank you for taking the time to express your observations. It is our pleasure to always attend to all the needs of our guests. My colleagues and I thrilled that we have gain you as a loyal guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor. I can’t thank you enough for all your kind words about the Holiday Inn. My colleagues and I are thrilled that you found our team, food and guest service outstanding. Thank you for recognizing the new Holiday Inn direction and for its great new product, outstanding guest services, we are thrilled that you enjoyed the accommodations and the food and beverage service from our outstanding colleagues. Our team members are so full of pride to be a part of the new Holiday Inn brand. I strongly trust that our team has a burning desire to be triumphant and they will be, by providing the same service and food and beverage quality to all of our guests like they provided for you. Thank you again for sharing your compliments of the Holiday Inn with TripAdvisor. I hope we may welcome you again in the near future. Have pleasant week Nabil.

Been to Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody? Share your experiences!