“One of t'he best breakfast's I have had” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
fletcher
“One of t'he best breakfast's I have had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel has a great location in north Atlanta, It is close to Marta and they will give you a ride. The breakfast which is complementary is outstanding and there is a shopping center right across 285. The rooms were nice and had plenty of parking, overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you, we appreciate your thoughtful comments! We certainly want our guests to feel the outstanding 'Southern Hospitality' the moment they arrive! We're pleased to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the great service from our team. Great review much appreciated! We are passing along your gracious compliments of the team they are outstanding food, beverage and restaurant representative and wonderful colleague. It is always means so much when a guest extends compliments to our team and we thank you very much. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with TripAdvisor readers. We are grateful that you like the new Holiday Inn and the direction we are going.We are delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service from our colleagues. Hearing feedback from loyal guests such as you is one of the many reasons our team members are so full of pride to be a part of the new Holiday Inn Atlanta Perimeter. Have a pleasant and wonderful day sincerely. Nabil

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We would give this hotel 4.5 stars if we could. Everything exceeded our expectations except for the buffet breakfast.

We arrived in the evening to a well-lit parking lot with plenty of spaces. Check in was very friendly and speedy. Took the elevator to our room on the fifth floor. The room was very modern and clean. Lots of outlets, excellent TV, and very responsive thermostat. Bed was perfect, with a mix of soft and firm pillows. Water bottles and Keurig coffee maker were available. Bathroom was a comfortable size with nice toiletries. No noise from other rooms so we slept quite well.

The front desk clerks were always very friendly and had great restaurant recommendations. The only area where this hotel needs improvement is with the breakfast buffet. On the first day of our stay, the hotel wasn't too busy so we were offered a sit down breakfast (breakfast was included in our rate). The french toast was excellent, but the service a little slow. However, on the next few days, the standard buffet was offered. Here is where we had a few problems. On the first day of the buffet, we arrived 30 min before the end time. The waffle maker had already been put away, so I had no idea this was even an option. I went for the hot foods, which included scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage links. The eggs and sausage were not good...very bland. The bacon was good. There were other items such as bread (toaster available) and fresh chopped fruits. On the next day, the waffle maker appeared. Although it is hard to mess up a waffle, I found their batter and syrup more bland than the ones I had recently at the Country Inn. So to sum up, the buffet is hit and miss, mostly because the items lack flavor.

In closing, we will return without question. We loved the hotel, the price, and the location (close to a highway). Major bang for the buck here. However, unless we get a great rate on breakfast, we would likely opt to eat out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to convey your observations about our Holiday Inn to TripAdvisor. Thank you for taking the time to express your observations about our Holiday Inn. We truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Your remarks will be shared with my colleagues; to continue ensuring your satisfaction and loyalty to the Holiday Inn Brand the team continues the improving process for the future of the hotel. I want to alleviate any concerns you may have and assure you that the quality and service that you rightfully expect from a hotel are in no way compromised instead been enhanced. We immediately implemented measures to enhance the breakfast buffet so nothing like this will happen. Next trip you will receive complementary dinner for bringing this issues to our attention. Thank you “Our Guests want the very most and the very best, on the best terms. Only the individuals and the team that provide absolutely excellent products and services at absolutely excellent prices will survive”. We are and we will continue to be that team. We have addressed the breakfast immediately; we have isolated the glitch and a corrective action in place to prevent this from happening again. Thank you again. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to us. I assure you we have taken your comments and feedback to be great direction to improve thank you for your immense feedback. We look forward to your return and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. Sincerely, Nabil Ghanem,
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

A business colleague (Phil Bellury) and I have been having meetings at the Holiday Inn at 285 and Chamblee Dunwoody Rd for several years. I have complemented the staff at this facility before but I forgot to say a special thank you to Asmerett.

Last winter, I was experienced pain in my back which made sitting for meetings somewhat uncomfortable. Asmerett asked about the pain and a few minutes later arrived with an assortment of pillows for me. For the next several months, when Phil and I met, the pillows and a smiling Asmerett greeted us.

I can't say enough about how well the staff at this facility responds to their clients. This hotel ought to be a training site for Holiday Inn staff. They do it right every time and in every way.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
I can’t thank you enough for all your kind words about the Holiday Inn. My colleagues and I are thrilled that you found our team, food and guest service outstanding. Thank you for taking the time to express your observations about our team spicily Asmerett she is one of the most wonderful individuals in this Hotel. I am very glad you were welcomed so warmly and with southern hospitality from the beginning of your stay and the exceptional service continued right until the end! I also value your honest feedback and sharing your interpretations with the TripAdvisor radars. Your remarks will be shared with my colleagues; to continue ensuring your satisfaction and loyalty to the Holiday Inn Brand the team continues the improving process for the future of the hotel. It brings me great pleasure to read that you considered our hotel Home away from Home. Our team strives to be the best they can be every opportunity they get. There goals are very clear “to give the best service to all guest at all times - no exceptions”. The Team and I truly trust .Our team beyond doubt believes that they will continue doing great thing every occasion they get. I do want to express my sincere appreciation for you for noticing my colleagues and their efforts in making Holiday Inn hotel the best in Atlanta. We look forward to your return and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. Sincerely, Nabil Ghanem,
Stony Brook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I selected this hotel on the basis of the Trip Advisor rating, and I was not disappointed. Check-in was pleasant and professional and quick, which I appreciated after 8 hours on the road from Central Florida, but it was the room itself that let me know the hotel was out of the ordinary. ALL the amenities, including a Keurig coffeemaker, were at hand in a room that was softly and dramatically lit and stunningly decorated. (I actually took a photo of it with my cellphone.) Bed and bath were just as impressive, approaching luxurious. The next morning I was slightly taken aback by having to pay for breakfast, since styrofood of some sort is usually included, but I was actually delighted to pay for what I received, an excellent buffet, perfectly prepared and fresh, COOKED not microwaved, fresh squeezed juice and fresh fruit, and the service was superb. Really. I complemented the chef when he came out of the kitchen to check on everything(!) I won't stay anywhere else from now on when I'm in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you I am so happy you liked your accommodation and the great service you’re received from my colleagues. Thank you for taking the time to express your observations. It is our pleasure to always attend to all the needs of our guests. My colleagues and I thrilled that we have gain you as a loyal guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor. I can’t thank you enough for all your kind words about the Holiday Inn. My colleagues and I are thrilled that you found our team, food and guest service outstanding. Thank you for recognizing the new Holiday Inn direction and for its great new product, outstanding guest services, we are thrilled that you enjoyed the accommodations and the food and beverage service from our outstanding colleagues. Our team members are so full of pride to be a part of the new Holiday Inn brand. I strongly trust that our team has a burning desire to be triumphant and they will be, by providing the same service and food and beverage quality to all of our guests like they provided for you. Thank you again for sharing your compliments of the Holiday Inn with TripAdvisor. I hope we may welcome you again in the near future. Have pleasant week Nabil.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

we stayed here for two night dec 10 and dec 11 our stay was awesome nice quiet and clean room . staff was wonderful. marcus, was a blessing for us when we took the train to the aquarium he stayed with us until we got there. we have been wanting to see this aquarium for seven years and we got to see it. thanks for a great stay and an employee like marcus a caring and nice person. coni and vinnie

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you, It is so important to us that our guests feel we are their “home away from home”; I am pleased we could convey this feeling to you. I am glad you took advantage of our wonderful Hotel and services, and you found them as outstanding as I do. Marcuos is one of our great team member, he always deliver great hospitality and outstanding guest service we are proud of him and the rest of the team. We appreciate your thoughtful comments! We certainly want our guests to feel the 'Southern Hospitality' the moment they arrive! We're pleased to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the great service from our team. We are passing along your gracious compliments of the team they are outstanding food, beverage and restaurant representative and wonderful colleague. It is always means so much when our guests extends compliments to our team and we thank you very much. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with TripAdvisor readers. We are grateful that you like the new Holiday Inn and the direction we are going. Hearing feedback from our guests such as you is one of the many reasons our team members are so full of pride to be a part of the new Holiday Inn Atlanta Perimeter. Have a pleasant and wonderful day Happy Holiday to you and your family. Sincerely. Nabil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Nicely updated hotel. Modern, contemporary and youthful. Very friendly staff. Everyone very welcoming. Bottles of water provided in room. Modern Keurig coffee maker with variety of coffee and tea choices provided.Bath and Body Works soaps and lotions are a nice touch too. Location is close to restaurants and shopping areas.

Local calls are $1 per minute!

Room Tip: Room on highway side are noisy from road noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for spending your stay with us and for being such a devoted Priority Club member. I am very glad you were welcomed so warmly and with southern hospitality from the beginning of your stay and the exceptional service continued right until the end! I also value your honest feedback and sharing your interpretations with the TripAdvisor radars. Thank you for recognizing The Holiday Inn for its great new product, outstanding guest services, ideal location and exceptional comfort. Hearing feedback from loyal guests such as you is one of the many reasons our staff members are so proud to be a part of the new Holiday Inn Atlanta Perimeter. We recognize feedback as a gift, “ All effective and engaging learning experiences provide frequent and meaningful feedback. Without feedback on whether or not one is getting closer to a goal, progress is unlikely” and if it were not for loyal guests such as you helping us out we could never learn where we need to improve. Thank you we all wish you great week and wonderful Holiday Nabil
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We used this hotel again for a yearly conference. From Blair and Tom who assisted us with the rooms and setting up the conference to Allison who checked in our party at the front desk, everyone was professional and welcoming. Fitz, along with the manager Nahib (?), checked on us several times during our two day stay. Do you need anything? Is everything okay? Of course it was. They missed nothing. Lisa waited on our AD's serving them well prepared meals, quickly and without errors or fuss. Megan was sweet and efficient as the barkeep. Who wasn't wonderful. Even the head of housekeeping, Cathy, checked in with us to make sure everything was okay. You can tell this is a team that loves working together. Even the lady cleaning the lobby when we checked out smiled and wished us well. We WILL have more conferences here. Everyone commented on how they enjoyed the hotel, the staff and the conference. Opps they did it again. Great service, great attitude, great rooms, great everything. They'll be seeing us soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NabilG, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your observations about our Holiday Inn and the new direction. We truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Your remarks will be shared with my colleagues; to continue ensuring your satisfaction and loyalty to the Holiday Inn Brand the team will continues the improving process for the future of the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to express your observations. It is our pleasure to always attend to all the needs of our guests. My colleagues and I thrilled that we have gain you as a loyal guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor. I can’t thank you enough for all your kind words about the Holiday Inn. My colleagues and I are thrilled that you found our team, food and guest service outstanding. “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart” we are grateful for your feedback and having the best team in our hotel. We all delighted to read the positive comments about our Team and our wonderful hotel and all the services we provide, this defiantly the new holiday inn .We certainly want our guests to feel the great Hospitality that they deserve. I hope we welcome you again in the near future. Have pleasant week and Happy Holidays Nabil

Been to Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody? Share your experiences!