We would give this hotel 4.5 stars if we could. Everything exceeded our expectations except for the buffet breakfast.
We arrived in the evening to a well-lit parking lot with plenty of spaces. Check in was very friendly and speedy. Took the elevator to our room on the fifth floor. The room was very modern and clean. Lots of outlets, excellent TV, and very responsive thermostat. Bed was perfect, with a mix of soft and firm pillows. Water bottles and Keurig coffee maker were available. Bathroom was a comfortable size with nice toiletries. No noise from other rooms so we slept quite well.
The front desk clerks were always very friendly and had great restaurant recommendations. The only area where this hotel needs improvement is with the breakfast buffet. On the first day of our stay, the hotel wasn't too busy so we were offered a sit down breakfast (breakfast was included in our rate). The french toast was excellent, but the service a little slow. However, on the next few days, the standard buffet was offered. Here is where we had a few problems. On the first day of the buffet, we arrived 30 min before the end time. The waffle maker had already been put away, so I had no idea this was even an option. I went for the hot foods, which included scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage links. The eggs and sausage were not good...very bland. The bacon was good. There were other items such as bread (toaster available) and fresh chopped fruits. On the next day, the waffle maker appeared. Although it is hard to mess up a waffle, I found their batter and syrup more bland than the ones I had recently at the Country Inn. So to sum up, the buffet is hit and miss, mostly because the items lack flavor.
In closing, we will return without question. We loved the hotel, the price, and the location (close to a highway). Major bang for the buck here. However, unless we get a great rate on breakfast, we would likely opt to eat out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary shuttle service is available within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. This wonderful Atlanta hotel is located in the heart of the Atlanta Perimeter Business and Entertainment District. The Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Perimeter caters to the savvy business traveler as well as the cultured leisure traveler. Just a quick access lane away you will find the corporate giants of Hewlett Packard, Philips North American Headquarters, GM Doraville Plant, and our corporate parent- InterContinental Hotels Group. The Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Perimeter is located just one mile east of Perimeter Mall and situated near Atlanta s premier medical institutions, such as Northside Hospital, St. Josephs Hospital, Emory Dunwoody Clinic, and Scottish Rite Children s Healthcare of Atlanta. Conveniently located 15 miles north of Downtown Atlanta and 1 mile east of MARTA (public rail), this Atlanta hotel presents the perfect embarkation point for culture, shopping, and fun throughout the Atlanta, Georgia area. Holiday Inn Select Atlanta Perimeter consists of 250 well-appointed rooms, ample banquet facilities, and an exceptional restaurant. Our hotel facilities offer over 10,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space all on one floor. We are proud to offer free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Perimeter/Dunwoody Hotel Atlanta
- Holiday Inn Select Perimeter
- Holiday Inn Atlanta
- Atlanta Holiday Inn