“Great modern hotel with friendly Atlanta service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Greenville, SC
“Great modern hotel with friendly Atlanta service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a great newer hotel near the airport. Very convenient off I 85. We checked in with David. What a wonderful friendly person. Holiday inn should let him be a customer service trainer. He was awesome. He always spoke to us each time we would come or go. Everyone we encountered was helpful and friendly. As other reviewers mentioned you pay for parking, $12 a day, but considering the lot was fenced and guarded we thought it was worth it. The restaurant is reasonably priced and like all Holiday Inns kids 12 and under eat free. The pool was lovely and the water was sparkling with no sign of algae or cloudiness, quite a feat considering all of the rain recently. The rooms were spotless, not a sign of mold or dirt in the bathroom. The mattress is firm and comfortable and the pillow selection is nice. We were able to adjust the temperature to frosty, just the way we like it. If we are back in this area we would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
929antonioc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Greetings jellysnana,

We're glad to know you enjoyed your stay in our new hotel. We make it a priority to exceed our guest's expectations whenever possible and it's nice to know we are getting it right. Our rooms are brand new and our pool has been recently refurbished as well. I will share your feedback with the restaurant and housekeeping as well. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We had an overall great stay at this Holiday Inn. We loved the sleek, refreshing, and modern decor and our room was surprising huge, clean, and well equipped. We also found the rooms to be very clean and the beds were really comfortable. I would have preferred queen beds rather than doubles but we made it work. We ate in the hotels restaurant several times and found the food consistently delicious every time. The cook even came out and asked us how we liked it. The wait staff were all very friendly and professional. One in particular, (I believe her name was "Donyell") was especially fabulous. We have several young and rambunctious children and Donyell gave us excellent service and made our meal times with her quite enjoyable. She was absolutely great. A gem. Our other server (at dinner) was also friendly and professional but appeared to be reall busy so we waited a very long time for everything and had to get our own utensils. The excessive waiting was difficult with so many young kids so that meal time was pretty painful for us as well as those seated near us I am sure. However, the food still tasted great. I was particularly impressed with this hotel's staff because everyone was so friendly from the maintenance, gardeners, and housekeeping to the front desk and restaurant staff. It was really a nice touch and made us feel really welcome during our stay.

• Stayed August 2013
929antonioc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Jloeffler,

Thanks for the great review on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the wait you experienced in the restaurant but delighted you enjoyed the rest of your stay and the food. We hope to see you again in the future.
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I booked this incredible hotel on Priceline and was pleasantly surprised! I arrived on a very, hot and humid and stressful day in Atlanta and was looking forward to relaxing. I had no idea that the HOLIDAY INN was that luxurious!! The lobby had dark hardwood floors, modern furnishings, a refreshment bar with cool water and lemons and teas and coffees, a large computer area with APPLE computers, beautiful cool colors, a hugggggggggggge dining and casual area with ample seating and an overall modern and sexy feel to it!!

I checked in and the front desk was pleasant. I did get a little lost trying to find my room (which FYI). But a very nice Hispanic housekeeper showed me the way to my room!! She was extremely nice! I was upgraded to a suite unexpectantly and BOOOYYYYYY what a pleasant surprise this was to me!!! It had to be at least 1000 - 1200 square feet of space!! The room was aestheically pleasing and it smelled EXTREMELY FRESH!! So Kudos TO THE cleaning service. The room was awesome and extremely pleasing to the eye.

My only gripe. Two issues.

1) I left a key for my guest and it had the guest name written on the envelope. When my guest arrived from a long drive from Mississippi he was told that there was no key for him. He stated that he was given a hard time about it. This disturbed me since I physically saw the front desk clerk write his name on the key envelope. I hope they become a little more organized in issues like this.

2) My phone died and I couldn't get my phone to cut on. So i used the hotel room telephone. My best friend was trying to reach me on the phone and she said that each time she called the hotel the number was busy (I was not on the phone) and when she called the front desk for me she was put on hold for long periods of time and the front desk clerk never returned. She stated she called 3 times. This simply is not professional and not acceptable!

Overall my stay was very pleasant and I will be staying at this facility again!!!

***Hopefully the front desk staff will work on some of the very basic things like ensuring that guests have their room keys waiting as requested and not putting customers on hold and not returning***

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
929antonioc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear missgermany1971,

Thanks for the great feedback on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport North. We apologize for the confusion getting to one of our newly renovated suites but we're glad to know it was worth it when you got there. We've re-designed our signage to allow our valued guests to locate their rooms more easily. Come back and let us know what you think about the changes.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

OMG! Where should I begin. My experience was comfortable like I was home with luxury amenities. The staff were AWESOME!!! Thank you Chasity & David from my heart. Also the beautiful young lady (I will call here Lady T) who drives the hotel shuttle. I dont remember her name. (sorry) Anyway you are AWESOME!! For a Lady unaware of Atlanta, I thankful you for making my decision to live down there a strong Yes. Also there is a Wonderful Waitress Lady in the restaurant in the hotel who starts after 5pm. (She has long dark hair) She was also a joy to talk to. The Hotel is Great!!!!

Room Tip: Everything is fine. Just book & relax.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lady Eve LL,

Thank you for the giving us your feedback on you recent stay at the Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport North. We're excited about our new hotel and your feedback helps us improve our services and build on our success. We hope to see you back in the near future.
Harrison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This Holiday inn and suites is the most modern holiday inn I have stayed in. It is very clean and looks new still. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and professional. Very close to the airport and convenient. Had a relaxing and pleasant stay here at this property. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Roger L,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We're glad you noticed the changes and improvements we've made to our brand and we hope you will return to see us in the near future.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here for a concert at Lakewood. Very nice hotel. Rooms appeared to be updated or new. Great carpet, Air Conditioning, Plumbing all worked great. No fridge or microwave though. Bedding and pillows were comfortable. Really a good night's rest. A great perk of the location was not having to travel to Lakewood via interstate! Very nice hotel with friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
929antonioc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear eaglecitizen,

We're delighted you enjoyed the concert at Lakewood and your stay with us. Thanks for the feedback. We hope we see you again soon. The next time you come, please reserve one of our newly renovated suites. These over-sized rooms all come with refrigerators, and wet bars for your convenience. See you next time.
Augusta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

3 miles from the airport. Long line at check in. No fridge or microwave in room. Nice flat screen TV. Air condition is controlled by hotel, so if you like it really cold, stay elsewhere. Mine wouldn't go below 75...and I wanted it on to cut out noise.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear TriciaTAugusta,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. The next time you visit, please reserve one of our newly renovated over-sized suites. They are equipped with microwaves and fridges for your convenience and we routinely upgrade our loyal IHG members based on availability. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North? Share your experiences!