“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Houston, Texas
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am currently on my 6th out of a 7 week stay at the Holiday Inn. I have never felt more welcome at a hotel, and find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone has received less than exemplary service here.
The shuttle service is dependable. It runs smoothly and in a timely manner.
The facilities are impeccable and in great condition.
I have yet to try their restaurant, but I hear from my co-workers that the food is delicious.
The staff is ALWAYS warm and attentive. Everyone I have met will go out of their way to make you feel like a guest in their home.
From Christina and Kristin at the front desk to Juana in room service, I have received nothing but smiles, and genuine service from the heart.
If you are coming to Atlanta, this is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Park City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Spent 2 months in this hotel for a work trip. The service is TERRIBLEEEEE!!!!! The people who work at this hotel must absolutely hate their jobs because they would complain to help you with everything. I really avoided calling down and asking for anything because it would take them 2 hours to deliver just a couple extra towels. The restaurant has decent food but they have yet to ONCE get my order right and every time it is wrong I will ask them to please fix it and they look at me like I have 5 heads and complain "what do you want me to do about it!". The maids barely ever cleaned, they just picked up dirty towels and made the bed. Sometimes sheets were falling off the bed still and the floors were never cleaned, ever. The maids were stealing little things like razors (which are small but expensive) and other cosmetics of mine. I had called the manager several times who has never ever called me back on this issue. Their shuttles are extremely slow and have no reliability at all. If you need to go ANYWHERE even the airport that is 5 mins away you better be down in that lobby 1 hr in advance. The rooms were very nice and newly remolded. The bed is as hard as a rock! I have serious back pain after staying there for 2 months! I really enjoyed the bathroom and shower, probably my favorite part. Everything was nice and new which was nice too. The location is in a very sketchy, poor area. Very close to the airport which is nice but there is nothing in the surrounding area (grocery stores, mall, nothing!) However you can take the Marta at the airport which is convenient to get anywhere. I did not have to pay for my accommodations, my work provided the hotel for me but I know the price per night and it is a pretty good deal. Just don't expect any service whatsoever.

Room Tip: The suites are very large and nice. Not extremely comfortable but are clean and new. Good price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Ash1018,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service received, and your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed there back in April for just one night- waiting for our international flight departing the following day. The hotel is nice and front desk is helpful.
The bedroom looked very clean, however sheets and pillowcases smelled odd.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear maria B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I’m glad you found the hotel to your liking and I will pass on your comments about the staff being helpful to them all, it’s always nice to hear we are getting it right. I apologize for the shortcomings you have experienced. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Fortaleza
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is close the Atlanta Airport, so if you have an early flight this is an option. The room is very clean and comfortable and the bathroom is big.

IMPORTANT: we noticed a considerable number of prostitutes getting in and out of the hotel during the night, which is very embarrassing.

The service in the bar/restaurant is very good, but the reception could be better. Even though they have free shuttle service to the airport, I was told to book a taxi in the night before, because it would be too early. When I showed up for check-out and get in my taxi I was (rudely) informed that their system was not working and that there wasn't any taxi reservation for me.

The reception also convinced me that I should've gone to international terminal and their shutter service wouldn't go there, which was WRONG!

Eventually we left in a (small) taxi ordered late, at the same time the shuttle van was leaving the hotel, going to the same domestic terminal. "Thanks a lot" for that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear ronaldogiusti,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Last week we booked approximately 70 meeting rooms and meeting space at this facility. I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Everything was fantastic from the time we checked in until the end of our meeting. The hotel staff bent over backwards to meet all of our requests. The customer service is beyond compare! I would highly recommend this facility to anyone traveling or needing meeting space.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
929antonioc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Deb L,

We're delighted you enjoyed your stay at the New Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North. We are working hard to improve our product and services everyday so that we may provide the very best we have to offer to our guests. It's refreshing to know that it's working. Thanks for the encouraging words and we look forward to your return to our hotel. Best Wishes

929antonioc
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had to meet some folks at the Atlanta airport, so I booked a room at the newly renovated Holiday Inn-Airport North hotel, a sister property of my usual Holiday Inn haunt in Dunwoody. The experience exceeded any other stay in the area! The hotel is clean, modern, and has a competent and efficient front desk staff to assist with anything you could need or desire. Christina & Chastity were very helpful. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent, and Jovan the bartender took great care of me, as well. And the room also exceeded expectations! Should I need to be in this area again, this will be my only choice. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
929antonioc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello JKBNA,

We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We're working hard to showcase our new property and provide the very best service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your return. Have a great Day!
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first time in Atlanta with my wife and our baby, reason why we decided to take a cheap but traditional good quality hotel outside the city and not an expensive but not always good hotel at downtown.

This hotel is excellent, extremely clean, everything looks new and the staff is really friendly.

The only thing is that I thought that all Holiday INN include the breakfast, but at least it does not, and the parking cost $12 for 24 hours, but with this kind of service, comfort, friendly staff, and the price, is an excellent choice in Atlanta.

In addition, will take you 15 min from the hotel to downtown in car, or you could take a MARTA bus just outside the hotel, or take the shuttle from hotel to airport and take the MARTA train there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North? Share your experiences!