“More For The Business Folks!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Springfield, Missouri
“More For The Business Folks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I came to Atlanta for some business and pleasure. I had read the reviews here on Tripadvisor and as my associate had meeting near the airport, I chose this place to stay. I rented a 2-King Suite for the first night and changed to a regular room the second night when my associate flew back to Chicago. The suite was pretty good, although the "patio" wasn't all that much and the view to the pool was average. One thing to consider, it was in the high 40's there and the back bedroom of the suite was probably 6-8 degrees colder than the front bedroom. That wasn't all that great. Also, the back room didn't have as strong wifi signal and the front bedroom is where the fridge/coffee machine reside. I have to say that the staff is well prepped and they work hard to greet you by name and be very considerate (I think this is one reason for the great reviews)! If you are planning on visiting Atlanta for pleasure, this property is not really in the best location. Pretty dreary here around the hotel. The second night, I had a standard room and it was fine. I was glad to have a desk area finally (although the suite had microwave and fridge). I walked around the property for 1.2 mile in both directions during the day and night and didn't see anything overly alarming. Overall pretty good place with a decent workout room and great staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Josh_Johansen, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent trip to Atlanta – and for your kind words regarding our staff. We are truly grateful for all of our colleagues and the many things they do for our guests to deliver an excellent stay. We have found that the Dual King bedroom suite is not as popular as we had anticipated, and we are currently in the process of converting it to one of our other King Suites. This new room will feature the desk that you identified was lacking in the former layout. Our engineering team has looked into the temperature difference and will implement a solution before we return the room to our inventory. Thanks again for your review – we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel itself is new, very nice, clean and comfortable. I was not going to the airport but just passing thru and I suppose I should have stayed at a different one altogether because I was charged a $12.00 parking fee. This seemed steep to me and I felt as if we should have at least gotten a free breakfast. The dining was a different experience altogether. The food was good...service, bad. Never before have I ordered my food before my drink order was even taken, the waitress forgot several things we had to remind her of. Then she said she didn't charge me for my side item, which was nice but it was included with the entree anyway. Room price+parking+breakfast= coluld have stayed somewhere else and gotten my points.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and review of our new hotel. At Holiday Inn we provide a full service restaurant and dining experience, our sister brand, Holiday Inn Express does offer a complimentary hot limited breakfast buffet. We are sorry that we let you down with the service you received in the restaurant, and have taken your feedback seriously. Clearly there is opportunity for some additional training. We have received many positive comments on the quality of our food, I am glad that you enjoyed the meal! Many hotels located here near the airport do charge a fee for parking; we make every effort to ensure our parking rate is reasonable for the area. In regards to points, as an IHG hotel, we do participate with Priority Club Rewards – provided your stay was booked under a qualifying rate, you will certainly receive points for your stay, parking, and dining. Please give me a call at the hotel (404) 305-9990 and I would be happy to ensure you receive the appropriate credit to your Priority Club membership.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy staying at this hotel. I stayed in one of the suites for a while before I found housing and it felt like home. I really liked the fact that I was the first to stay in the room as well.

The staff is very friendly and personable. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful. The kitchen staff is even more friendly. They are fun to be around. The bartender Lola makes good drinks and holds great conversation. Makes you wanna come visit the ladies daily! I'm a satisfied customer and priority club member!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and sharing your feedback with others on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate your comments and can’t express to you our gratitude for your kind words about our hotel and our colleagues. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the terrific review and for recognizing our great team for taking care of you. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel, and on behalf of all of us, – welcome to your new home in Atlanta! We look forward to seeing you again soon for a meal or a drink!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the HI Atlanta Airport North for a night at the end of a long work trip. This was the perfect way to actually relax before heading home. I was pleasantly surprised walking into the lobby...it is gorgeous and very updated. I then was upgraded thanks to my priority status and got an amazing 2 room suite. Everything is very clean and updated. There is a great bar in the lobby, but I chose to relax in my room and ordered room service. They made sure that I new the specials and told me amazing recommendations. The food was fantastic with a great variety of options. The front desk, especially Alicia, is very helpful and friendly. Hands down my favorite HI, and I stay in an IHG hotel almost every week, so that says a lot.

• Stayed January 2013
Josh_Johansen, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Wow! We are so honored by your kind review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and for the glowing report. We are grateful for Alicia and all of our colleagues and the hard work they put in every day to consistently deliver great stays for our guests. We also thank you for your loyalty to Priority Club and our sister IHG hotels, we did however, blush a little when we saw that we are officially your favorite! Guests who have selected our suites have been very pleased with the accommodations, we are delighted that it worked out for an upgrade! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in Atlanta! Thank you from the entire staff.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I travel for a living and this was a great hotel. I ended up staying longer than normal due to work and the staff was great. From the van drivers, front desk, the wait staff, the outstanding cooks, and to Lola C. and the other bartenders, it was a class act all the way around. Rooms were nice, lounge/lobby great and the gym is typical (I'm a gym rat so no hotel has been great in my opinion). This is a fantastic place to stay while waiting for your next flight or spending three weeks on business. Good job on the remodel, but great job hiring some of the best hotel staff I've seen.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Josh_Johansen, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Reviews like this make us so very proud! We are thankful and very much appreciate that you have taken the time to post on TripAdvisor your recent experience with us. We are privileged to have a great team of colleagues that consistently deliver a unique guest experience. Your kind words about the outstanding service delivered throughout your stay is a testament to the hard work they all put in day to day to exceed your expectations. We are pleased that you enjoyed the property – and would be interested to hear your thoughts on improving our fitness facility. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in Atlanta!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I was amazed by the wonderful caring staff who's southern hospitality brings unique charm to a airport hotel. Lolo, Tia, Lyons and Katy T were amazing wait staff who always graced us with a smile and Lola always knew our drink. Rafiels food was beyond any meal that i have enjoyed in Atlanta. Wonderful people, close location and fair priced.

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is certainly an upscale Holiday Inn. With a few exceptions, my stay here was great. The hotel shuttle arrived promptly at the airport (note: use Zone 2 for waiting for the shuttle. This is not signed. You will board the same shuttle as the Renaissance). The driver was friendly and efficient. Check-in was fast and friendly. As a Priority Club Gold member, I received a small bottle of Dasani water and 100 Calorie Lorna Doone crackers in a bag as a welcome amenity at check-in -- a nice gesture.

It was clear to me that this hotel was recently -- or perhaps still was -- being renovated. I was disappointed to find out that my room was on the ground floor. My Priority Club profile indicates that I prefer rooms on higher floors, and my Gold status almost always ensures that request is met. While others have reported quiet rooms, I experienced the opposite. The noise from arriving and departing jets was loud. It sounded as if they were working on the room next to me, and I was not able to fall asleep until construction noise stopped at about 7PM. During the morning and evening, noise in the hallways pored into my room. The room itself was nothing special, though clearly recently remodeled and clean. The bathroom was clean and bright. One note: why no conditioner? This is the second time I have recently experienced this at Holiday Inns and it is a much missed amenity. The shower had good water pressure and decent temperature.

Room service was prompt, very affordable and delicious: a big thumbs up here.

Bed was comfortable. And, as others have reported, perhaps the best thing about this hotel is the FREE and FAST wi-fi.

The shuttle back to the airport arrived on-schedule and was quick.

I feel I received a great value for this stay and would consider returning to this property if in the area again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Fzedlach,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North? Share your experiences!