“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy staying at this hotel. I stayed in one of the suites for a while before I found housing and it felt like home. I really liked the fact that I was the first to stay in the room as well.

The staff is very friendly and personable. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful. The kitchen staff is even more friendly. They are fun to be around. The bartender Lola makes good drinks and holds great conversation. Makes you wanna come visit the ladies daily! I'm a satisfied customer and priority club member!

• Stayed January 2013
Josh_Johansen, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and sharing your feedback with others on TripAdvisor! We greatly appreciate your comments and can’t express to you our gratitude for your kind words about our hotel and our colleagues. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the terrific review and for recognizing our great team for taking care of you. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel, and on behalf of all of us, – welcome to your new home in Atlanta! We look forward to seeing you again soon for a meal or a drink!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the HI Atlanta Airport North for a night at the end of a long work trip. This was the perfect way to actually relax before heading home. I was pleasantly surprised walking into the lobby...it is gorgeous and very updated. I then was upgraded thanks to my priority status and got an amazing 2 room suite. Everything is very clean and updated. There is a great bar in the lobby, but I chose to relax in my room and ordered room service. They made sure that I new the specials and told me amazing recommendations. The food was fantastic with a great variety of options. The front desk, especially Alicia, is very helpful and friendly. Hands down my favorite HI, and I stay in an IHG hotel almost every week, so that says a lot.

• Stayed January 2013
Josh_Johansen, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Wow! We are so honored by your kind review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and for the glowing report. We are grateful for Alicia and all of our colleagues and the hard work they put in every day to consistently deliver great stays for our guests. We also thank you for your loyalty to Priority Club and our sister IHG hotels, we did however, blush a little when we saw that we are officially your favorite! Guests who have selected our suites have been very pleased with the accommodations, we are delighted that it worked out for an upgrade! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in Atlanta! Thank you from the entire staff.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I travel for a living and this was a great hotel. I ended up staying longer than normal due to work and the staff was great. From the van drivers, front desk, the wait staff, the outstanding cooks, and to Lola C. and the other bartenders, it was a class act all the way around. Rooms were nice, lounge/lobby great and the gym is typical (I'm a gym rat so no hotel has been great in my opinion). This is a fantastic place to stay while waiting for your next flight or spending three weeks on business. Good job on the remodel, but great job hiring some of the best hotel staff I've seen.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Josh_Johansen, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Reviews like this make us so very proud! We are thankful and very much appreciate that you have taken the time to post on TripAdvisor your recent experience with us. We are privileged to have a great team of colleagues that consistently deliver a unique guest experience. Your kind words about the outstanding service delivered throughout your stay is a testament to the hard work they all put in day to day to exceed your expectations. We are pleased that you enjoyed the property – and would be interested to hear your thoughts on improving our fitness facility. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in Atlanta!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I was amazed by the wonderful caring staff who's southern hospitality brings unique charm to a airport hotel. Lolo, Tia, Lyons and Katy T were amazing wait staff who always graced us with a smile and Lola always knew our drink. Rafiels food was beyond any meal that i have enjoyed in Atlanta. Wonderful people, close location and fair priced.

Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is certainly an upscale Holiday Inn. With a few exceptions, my stay here was great. The hotel shuttle arrived promptly at the airport (note: use Zone 2 for waiting for the shuttle. This is not signed. You will board the same shuttle as the Renaissance). The driver was friendly and efficient. Check-in was fast and friendly. As a Priority Club Gold member, I received a small bottle of Dasani water and 100 Calorie Lorna Doone crackers in a bag as a welcome amenity at check-in -- a nice gesture.

It was clear to me that this hotel was recently -- or perhaps still was -- being renovated. I was disappointed to find out that my room was on the ground floor. My Priority Club profile indicates that I prefer rooms on higher floors, and my Gold status almost always ensures that request is met. While others have reported quiet rooms, I experienced the opposite. The noise from arriving and departing jets was loud. It sounded as if they were working on the room next to me, and I was not able to fall asleep until construction noise stopped at about 7PM. During the morning and evening, noise in the hallways pored into my room. The room itself was nothing special, though clearly recently remodeled and clean. The bathroom was clean and bright. One note: why no conditioner? This is the second time I have recently experienced this at Holiday Inns and it is a much missed amenity. The shower had good water pressure and decent temperature.

Room service was prompt, very affordable and delicious: a big thumbs up here.

Bed was comfortable. And, as others have reported, perhaps the best thing about this hotel is the FREE and FAST wi-fi.

The shuttle back to the airport arrived on-schedule and was quick.

I feel I received a great value for this stay and would consider returning to this property if in the area again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Fzedlach,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel is located near the Atlanta Airport, which is very convenient for business travel.

Pros:
-Very clean hotel. The place is brand new and still has that new hotel smell to it. Sheets, pillows, bathrooms, etc. All was spotless.
-Free WiFi. Not sure if this is a room to room inclusion but the WiFi was really fast in my room and worked consistently
-This is their "flagship" hotel and is meant to give customers an idea of where the Holiday Inn brand is headed.
-Very nice staff. Kitchen and dining area staff are awesome
-Good breakfast. ($9 for continental; $15 for full breakfast)
-Feels very safe (inside hotel and parking lot perimeter). Being from California, safety was always one of those things that kind of hung around in the back of my mind. You need to have a key card with a valid floor room number to activate elevators (a keycard to a First floor room doesnt get you beyond the first floor).
-Bar and dining area looked REALLY modern.

Cons:
-Parking is $12. I really think that if I am going to pay $100 for a night stay, parking should not be this expensive. You use room key to get in and out of the parking lot. When you first arrive, grab one of the tickets from the machine, park, THEN tell attendant at the front to validate your card for the parking lot.
-Food around the hotel is sparse. KFC and a pooly Yelp-rated Waffle House leave you debating between the cash-only BBQ place (GO HERE!) and the small italian place. Walking to these places at night is not the best idea, trust me.
-Breakfast pricing was a little steep. Continental breakfast for $9...I will hit KFC next time.

Room Tip: Drive somewhere to eat or bring your own breakfast. Ask for alternatives to paying $12 for parking.