“The best "Airport" hotel I've ever stayed at” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta
“The best "Airport" hotel I've ever stayed at”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I travel for a living and this was a great hotel. I ended up staying longer than normal due to work and the staff was great. From the van drivers, front desk, the wait staff, the outstanding cooks, and to Lola C. and the other bartenders, it was a class act all the way around. Rooms were nice, lounge/lobby great and the gym is typical (I'm a gym rat so no hotel has been great in my opinion). This is a fantastic place to stay while waiting for your next flight or spending three weeks on business. Good job on the remodel, but great job hiring some of the best hotel staff I've seen.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Josh_Johansen, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Reviews like this make us so very proud! We are thankful and very much appreciate that you have taken the time to post on TripAdvisor your recent experience with us. We are privileged to have a great team of colleagues that consistently deliver a unique guest experience. Your kind words about the outstanding service delivered throughout your stay is a testament to the hard work they all put in day to day to exceed your expectations. We are pleased that you enjoyed the property – and would be interested to hear your thoughts on improving our fitness facility. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in Atlanta!

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I was amazed by the wonderful caring staff who's southern hospitality brings unique charm to a airport hotel. Lolo, Tia, Lyons and Katy T were amazing wait staff who always graced us with a smile and Lola always knew our drink. Rafiels food was beyond any meal that i have enjoyed in Atlanta. Wonderful people, close location and fair priced.

• Stayed January 2013
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is certainly an upscale Holiday Inn. With a few exceptions, my stay here was great. The hotel shuttle arrived promptly at the airport (note: use Zone 2 for waiting for the shuttle. This is not signed. You will board the same shuttle as the Renaissance). The driver was friendly and efficient. Check-in was fast and friendly. As a Priority Club Gold member, I received a small bottle of Dasani water and 100 Calorie Lorna Doone crackers in a bag as a welcome amenity at check-in -- a nice gesture.

It was clear to me that this hotel was recently -- or perhaps still was -- being renovated. I was disappointed to find out that my room was on the ground floor. My Priority Club profile indicates that I prefer rooms on higher floors, and my Gold status almost always ensures that request is met. While others have reported quiet rooms, I experienced the opposite. The noise from arriving and departing jets was loud. It sounded as if they were working on the room next to me, and I was not able to fall asleep until construction noise stopped at about 7PM. During the morning and evening, noise in the hallways pored into my room. The room itself was nothing special, though clearly recently remodeled and clean. The bathroom was clean and bright. One note: why no conditioner? This is the second time I have recently experienced this at Holiday Inns and it is a much missed amenity. The shower had good water pressure and decent temperature.

Room service was prompt, very affordable and delicious: a big thumbs up here.

Bed was comfortable. And, as others have reported, perhaps the best thing about this hotel is the FREE and FAST wi-fi.

The shuttle back to the airport arrived on-schedule and was quick.

I feel I received a great value for this stay and would consider returning to this property if in the area again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Fzedlach,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel is located near the Atlanta Airport, which is very convenient for business travel.

Pros:
-Very clean hotel. The place is brand new and still has that new hotel smell to it. Sheets, pillows, bathrooms, etc. All was spotless.
-Free WiFi. Not sure if this is a room to room inclusion but the WiFi was really fast in my room and worked consistently
-This is their "flagship" hotel and is meant to give customers an idea of where the Holiday Inn brand is headed.
-Very nice staff. Kitchen and dining area staff are awesome
-Good breakfast. ($9 for continental; $15 for full breakfast)
-Feels very safe (inside hotel and parking lot perimeter). Being from California, safety was always one of those things that kind of hung around in the back of my mind. You need to have a key card with a valid floor room number to activate elevators (a keycard to a First floor room doesnt get you beyond the first floor).
-Bar and dining area looked REALLY modern.

Cons:
-Parking is $12. I really think that if I am going to pay $100 for a night stay, parking should not be this expensive. You use room key to get in and out of the parking lot. When you first arrive, grab one of the tickets from the machine, park, THEN tell attendant at the front to validate your card for the parking lot.
-Food around the hotel is sparse. KFC and a pooly Yelp-rated Waffle House leave you debating between the cash-only BBQ place (GO HERE!) and the small italian place. Walking to these places at night is not the best idea, trust me.
-Breakfast pricing was a little steep. Continental breakfast for $9...I will hit KFC next time.

Room Tip: Drive somewhere to eat or bring your own breakfast. Ask for alternatives to paying $12 for parking.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eatonton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a new modern hotel near the airport - opened 9/2012. Great staff - friendly and helpful. Shuttle starts at 4am and runs every 20 min. I've tried several ATL Airport hotels for early departures and this is the best one. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Holly Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Wonderful accommodating staff, extremely pleasant and helpful & Great food!!! I liked the view on the 4th floor of the Aiport. At night you can see the sky and the planes take off on the near by run way. I had the Suite and it is actually a nice room because there are 2 TVs in the suite. So I could what me favorite show (Criminal Minds) and my two childern where able to watch their shows.

Room Tip: Pool view on the 4th floor you can actually see the Airport. It is beautiful and night!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Staten Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is an amazing hotel. Everything is new and fresh. Very modern design, yet comfortable. I have had trouble with airport hotels being less than par, and being from New York City, thought I had just been spoiled by some of the best, but this hotel is really a top choice for me. The rate was amazing, but the hotel is first class. (not what I remember Holiday Inn to be, but very pleased and surprised) This is right up their with Hyatt and Hilton...maybe even better. Just checked in, and service has been top notch from the pick up at the airport, through check in, a late lunch, and now a relaxing afternoon in the room. I could not have picked a better place to stay for the night. Also, was thrilled that this hotel has real high speed internet...they don't just say they do, and it is free. You can easily use a VPN on these data speeds (download 19.02/upload 9.75mbps) and not have any delays. I have learned for business travels, this is a key need for hotel, that most are lacking in.
Excellent job Holiday Inn...your team here is doing an amazing job, and your facilities are superb. I will be back. Also, I am not posting any photos, as the ones provided by the hotel are spot on. This place is new, and there is no bait and switch on photos. Very nice!

Room Tip: This hotel is right by the airport....you can barely hear the jets, and it is 4:17pm on a weekday, d...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North? Share your experiences!