You added Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center to your Saves list
Ranked #45 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Augusta, Georgia
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

We had great experience. Room had everyhting we needed (TV, Fridge, microwave, etc). Bed was comfortable. Free internet.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — breakfast is not free
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
wilmington, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

Very nice facility. has pool, hot tub, exercise room. Bar and restaurant. Meeting facilities. Biggest problem is parking lot, which is up a steep hill from hotel and confusing traffic patterns when leaving facility.

• Liked — full service hotel
  • Disliked — parking lot location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

I live on the south side of Atlanta and wanted to go to Punchline Comedy Club Saturday night, which is on the north end Perimeter. I booked a room through Hotwire for the Perimeter area of Atlanta so I wouldn't have to drive all the way back after the show. Hotwire put me into the Hilton Garden Inn Perimeter. I read the reviews here so I'd have an idea ahead of time, as I always do, and was concerned about the parking situation. Several reviews mentioned the steep hill which they said would be problematic with lots of luggage.
By clicking on the directions button for the hotel from their website, I was able to find my way easily enough. I drove up under the portico, went in and easily checked in. They said my room was already paid for and asked if I had any special requests. I asked for a high room with "something nice to look at." He said they had given away the ocean view, but would see if he could locate a mountain view (a little joke, there!) and put me on the top floor, Floor 7. He gave me further instructions about the facilities and mentioned the shuttle, which he said was complimentary and could take me, wherever. Very pleasant and helpful.
I was driving my own vehicle, and had in mind to better familiarize myself with the area, so I declined the offer, and drove myself, first back on I-285W to the Roswell Road exit, where I took a right and went to Whole Foods grocery to get a few noshes to eat before the show. The room had, as the other reviews mention, a microwave and little fridge and coffeemaker hutch. Also there is a bar and restaurant ("Grill") in the lobby; everyone I met recommended the morning breakfast which also is mentioned in the other reviews.
The Punchline Comedy Club show was great; all three comedians (well Mia is a comedienne, right?) were really, seriously funny. I found my way back to the Hilton Garden Inn easily enough, thanks to my earlier trip (when it was still daylight) from the Whole Foods visit. This area has tall business buildings and complexes, with park-like surroundings, and winding roads that are sometimes one-way or divided by grassy medians, so if you plan to drive around, I'm recommending either having a Nav system or printing out maps/directions from the web. I think this is one reason the desk is so accommodating with the shuttle; someone who knows their way around this area can eliminate a lot of problems.
When I got back from the Punchline, I was a little hungry so I ordered the Three-sauce wings from the Grill there in the lobby, and walked over to the bar to enjoy a glass of wine while I waited for them to be cooked (fresh!). There I met a lovely couple and we chatted and along with the bartender, everything was quite pleasant. The wings were really good - I took them up to my room along with a freshened glass of wine. Delightful!
As to the issue of the hilltop parking, simple solution: drop off your luggage before you park, or as I did, take it up to your room, then go park . And then, of course, upon checkout leave it in the lobby while you go get your vehicle. For anyone with accessibility issues, they also have a golf cart which I'm sure could be requested for assistance. It's a very safe area, and just really a welcoming, hospitable atmosphere.
Now to the part I want to make sure I don't leave out: THE BED. What a great bed! So, so comfy. And the pillows, just snuggly wuggly and the sheets crispy clean and -- z-z-z. I had a most restful and wonderful sleep.
As I left in the morning, I passed through the breakfast area of the lobby and couldn't help but notice the wonderful smells of the breakfast that everyone had mentioned. I suppose after all my noshing the evening before, I just wasn't hungry enough to join in eating, but plenty of people were and, again, everything smelled especially good. You could tell this was not the usual quickie hotel breakfast buffet.
The only thing anywhere near a problem was, upon my return from the Punchline, as I went to enter through the front, the automatic door did not open! I looked inside and didn't see anyone right away, so I walked around to the side door by the "Grill" and it was open. I asked the lady if they closed the door after a certain time and she said that, no, it was supposed to be open at all times. So just a heads up on that. It may never happen again but, if so, just go around to the side by the outdoor patio sets.
Oh, and there were Neutrogena toiletries, which I really liked. Made my hair so soft and clean! I might have to try buying some myself!
I would highly recommend trying to check in/out before or after rush time, if possible. By doing so myself, I believe I received lots of extra attention.
Highly recommend! Thanks, Hotwire!

• Liked — Toss up between that great lobby/Grill/bar area or that comfy bed
  • Disliked — No complaints from me other than that one problem with the front door.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Knoxville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

Well, my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at Perimeter was fairly uneventful. Check-in was smooth and the front desk staff were very nice. The room was very typical of a "good" hotel. Nothing amazing, but certainly acceptable. The king bed was stiff but comfortable. The television was somewhat on the small size. The bathroom was a little tight. The furniture was generally "used" in appearance. The biggest problems we had were as follows. The soundproofing of the room was weak. The hotel was being occupied by several soccer teams in for a tournament. The kids would run up and down the halls with their soccer balls causing quite a bit of noise that was easily heard in our room. In addition, every time someone turned on the water, we would hear the reverberation of the pipes in our room. These nosies very much affected having a good night's sleep. In fact, I do not remember having such a poor night's sleep in years. The other major problem was that the maid service did not clean our room whatsoever on the second day of our stay. We were gone for virtually the entire day and returned late that evening only to discover that our room was not cleaned. It was too late to have them do anything as we have a one year old baby that needed to get to sleep. Nevertheless, these two issues were significant enough for me to give the property only two stars. If neither of these issues arose, I suspect I would have been much more generous. So, your mileage may vary from my experience, but we were simply underwhelmed. Oh, I normally snap a few photos after the first day for Trip Advisor, but since our room was not cleaned, I could not do that!

• Liked — Relatively low cost
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Streetsboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

This trip was my second visit to this hotel; the first visit was in January 2008. Both visits have been wonderful! I have family in Atlanta so I visit the area regularly and because I am so "particular" I ALWAYS stay in a hotel. This is one of my favorites! The hotel and my room were VERY CLEAN! The bed was comfortable. My room was not overly spacious but more than acceptable. There is a full breakfast...
for a fee. I did not endulge but the coffee was free and fine...The only "challenge" is the hotel parking...there is ample parking BUT it is up a hill, away from the hotel. It's not a covered parking garage and it is not connected to the hotel. IF YOU DO NOT TRAVEL LIGHTLY, I suggest when checking-in/out, do so at the temporary spot located at the main entrance...take your luggage to your room/car and then move/park your car. Otherwise, you will have to walk a short, but steep DOWNHILL/UPHILL distance with luggage...this would be VERY difficult! Of course, there are marked parking spots near the hotel for those with disabilities, HOWEVER, travelers that have difficulty walking and those WITHOUT legal tags for their vehicles, WILL HAVE a difficult time walking to/from the parking lot/hotel.

As mentioned, I travel to ATL regularly and know the area relatively well - I always stay at one of three hotels in the Perimeter area because for me, it is the best location. Perimeter Mall is wonderful! The food options are great! The 2 largest discount retailers (T and W) are close. You will not be disappointed with this hotel or area!

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

Hotel is very clean and the landscaping is kept well. The bathroom and bedding are clean so that you won't feel uncomfortable using them. The overall decor is comfortable. Our only problem was the internet access. We kept on getting the WIFI for the neighboring Hampton Inn instead of HIlton Garden Inn so it kept on asking for a password which of course we did not have. The front desk seems unaware how to fix the problem. The breakfast was also superb... Pay the extra $10-12 for the free breakfast, it is well worth it. I would recommend this hotel anytime.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

I liked this hotel better than the Crowne Plaza Ravinia down the road (a more full service hotel). It's basic, but I was on business travel and it was clean, new, and the staff was nice. If staying in the area (esp. on business) I would definitely recommend it for location and convenience.

Stayed May 2007

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!