“Amazing Extras” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Extras”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Not only does this Hilton Garden Inn provide the same great service and amenities as other Hilton Garden Inns, it has extras. The concierge service and front desk will arrange to take you in the hotel van to local office buildings, the Marta stations, local shopping and restaurants. If you are on business in the Perimeter area and take Marta there, no need to rent a car. All of the drivers were very friendly and eager to help.

Room Tip: I stay in Hilton Garden Inns all of the time and every room is great.
Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
danielle J, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! Yes, we do have complimentary shuttle service that runs within a 3 mile radius everyday between 7:00am-10:00pm. We look forward to you spending time with us again when you are back in Atlanta!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Everyone I've encountered has been exceptionally friendly and personable, from Sam and Moe at the front desk, to Jabori Crutchfield who shuttled me to and from the nearby Perimeter Mall and shared his passion for guest service. Will definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Marnie thank you for taking the time to provide us details regarding your exceptional stay! Our staff is our hugest asset! I can't wait to reward them for their excellent service!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The shuttle drivers and PM front desk night staff were great. When my phone charger died, Steven Swan(shuttle driver) even tried to find a staff memeber with the same phone. But he ended up helping me quickly purchase a charger for my phone before dropping me off at my destination. The night time staff was knowledgable about the local food quailty and were we would get the best service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Amanda thank you again for sharing your extra-ordinary stay with us! I can not wait to share with our entire team.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Charles the driver was awesome. Always pleasant and opening the door for us. Very courteous and fun. We didn't have a car so this service allowed us the freedom to get out after long days of training.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Kim for your great review! I can't wait to share with our team how they can creatte exceptional stays at our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The friendliness of the staff was amazing. Glendis, a waitress in the restaurant made us feel like we were in a 5 star resort...so so sweet and extremely attentive! We had a problem with another server earlier in the day. We mentioned how we were watching her and wished that we were in her section that morning...She bought our lunch!!! Then she had the head chef, Kawaun (The food is awesome!!)come out to speak with us. He was extremely friendly and gave us drink vouchers. Then the head of food and beverage, Dave, came out, asked us specific questions, and then thanked us for our input. The breakfast layout was unbelievable. They had every breakfast food you could think of plus a short order cook, who cooked the best french toast I've ever had! I wish I could remember his name. Sam, at the front desk, remembered us by name. He was also one of the van drivers responsible for getting us to and from a wedding/reception. When he realized that we were not on the van, he had one of our friends call us to make sure we made it back to the hotel because he wanted to make sure he wasn't leaving us stranded! That was huge in my book! Overall, I was very impressed by this hotel experience!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

danielle J, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you Jacquelyn for taking your time to review our hotel! I have shared your exceptional stay with our staff. We look forward to you coming back soon!!
Pearl, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Upon arrival at this hotel, I was told my room was not ready although I only arrived 15 minutes prior to the 3:00pm check in. This was not a major issue because my son and I wanted to grab a bite to eat. Tracy (the front desk clerk) told me she would give me a call as soon as my room was ready. We drove about 5 minutes away for a quick meal. We were done eating at about 3:45, but still had not heard back from the hotel. We drove around the area sight-seeing while we continued to wait for our room to be ready. At 5:00pm, I grew weary of waiting and decided to call to check on the room. I was told by the gentleman that answered the phone that my room "had been ready" and that he was sorry that no one called as promised. I then proceeded to drive back to the hotel. Once I arrived back, Tracy was at the counter. At the very least, I expected an apology for failing to call me to let me know my room was ready but that did not happen. This was only the beginning of my problems.

Once in the room, I realized there was no bed linen for the pull-out sofabed. I attempted to call the front desk to ask for linen only to realize the phone did not work. After driving for six hours, the last thing I wanted to do was walk back to the front desk to ask for a new phone and bed linen but that is exactly what I had to do. Again, Tracy was at the desk. At this point it would have been nice if she had at least offered me a complimentary bottle of water for all the trouble but this did not happen. I also made it clear to Tracy that this was beginning to be a very bad visit. Finally, an engineer came and brought a working phone and someone else brought bed linens, but the cover that was brought for the bed had several holes in it. At this point I was tired and just needed a break so I did not call to complain yet again. Upon later inspection of the room (Queen Suite), I discovered the curtains were dirty, the door knob to the room where the bed was did not work, and there were spots on the floor and sofa.

Upon checking out after a three night stay of less than expected accommodations, two clerks by the name of Stephen and Naomi were at the front desk. They asked me how was my stay and I proceeded to tell them about what I experienced on the first night and the remainder of my stay. They were very sympathetic and apologetic to what I had experienced. They offered to give me and my son something from the pantry as a way to apologize. I declined but was thankful that they offered. Although my visit was not worthy of 5 stars, these two desk clerks are worthy of 5+ stars. I also was greeted prior to leaving by Quentin (one of the managers on duty) and he offered his apologies as well. He apologized on behalf of the hotel and the hotel chain and took steps to compensate me for the poor visit and service that I received. He also deserves stars.

Overall, I had an poor stay that was only made better by the friendliness and understanding of Stephen, Naomi, and Quentin.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Ashley for taking your time to review our hotel. I have shared your experience with our staff this morning. Our goal is always to ensure every guests has a 5 star stay. Please let me know if you will ever be back in Atlanta, I would love to personally ensure your entire stay is 5 stars!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly during my stay. Steven Swan and Naomi were friendly and funny even very early in the morning!I would stay at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center again as well as recommend it to other colleagues traveling to the same area!

Room Tip: The king bed was very comfortable and cozy! I had a nice view of the city from my room on the 7th fl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
danielle J, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you Phyllis for sharing your exceptional stay with us! We hope to see you again soon in Atlanta!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!