“THE WORST HOTEL IN THE PERIMETER AREA” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #41 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
San Diego, California
“THE WORST HOTEL IN THE PERIMETER AREA”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stay in the perimeter area often. it beats downtown Atlanta and is still close to town.I i have stayed in literally every nice hotel in the perimeter area...this was the absolute worst one ever. God forbid something goes wrong. the staff turn into evil people. A couple had food poisoning in the hotel which they say they got form eating at the restaurant. I can't say whether they did get it form the the hotel but i heard the staff making fun of them. i ran into them when i was leaving the next day and the staff was still making fun of them...they looked like very nice classy people. I was disgusted by the behavior of the staff and especially the hotel manager - he should be fired for his disgusting behavior. These poor people. Musty, old, outdated room... Rude staff who should get training on customer service. Stay at the Crowne Plaza or the Marriott.

I vote no for this hotel. The disgusting staff needs an attitude adjustment.

PS. the parking situation is awful. you have to park on a steep hill and walk down to the hotel. it's just awful all the way around.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
HGIAtlantaGM, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear nothingbeatsaruba,

I would like to thank you for your comments about our hotel and the areas which you feel we can improve. On behalf of the staff, I would like to apologize on how you feel we were treating your fellow guests.

Our staff and management team are dedicated to assuring every guest is treated as family and I personally have involvement in all facades of the operation including our on-site restaurant. Your comments toward our operation and staff will be addressed immediately and when you or your friends return, I assure you will not experience this behavior.

Again, I would like to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to correct these areas and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Atlanta Perimeter area soon.

Todd Neuenschwander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was my first stay at this HGI. I had business near the Atlanta Airport, but I just could not find a reasonably priced Hilton property the night I needed a room. So I ended up picking this HGI, and was very happy that I did.

The staff and service were just wonderful. I was given a very warm welcome at check-in, and I was called from the front desk while I was in the room to ensure that I was happy with the room. Service at breakfast was good and attentive. I couldn't have been more pleased with the staff.

There are other pluses and minuses. The parking is not so convenient, but it is free. The property is perhaps approaching the time when it needs to be updated, but that is offset by the competitive room rates for the area. Internet access is always important to me, and it worked very well during my stay.

As noted by others, the heating and cooling unit is rather noisy. I really do wish that HGI would make it a priority to find a quieter type of unit for heating and cooling.

I definitely will be looking to stay here again on my next trip to Atlanta!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
HGIPerimeterGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Dear davidfhale,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments and I was excited to hear the staff treated you as if you were an old friend. We are very proud of our front desk team and our restaurant staff takes great pride in their customer service and food quality.

I agree our parking situation isn't ideal and that is why our staff is dedicated to providing 24 hours shuttle service to and from your car.

As an old friend of the property, I look forward to another great stay or welcome your friends and family like they have been here before.

Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I travel to the Perimeter Center regularly on business, and this is by far my favorite place to stay. The hotel and rooms are pretty average for that price range, and there's that awful hike up the hill to the parking lot, but the staff is exceptionally friendly and makes every stay a pleasure. I've stayed at 5-star hotels that do not have staff as welcoming and pleasant as the people here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear ChateauxDMont_Owner,

I was happy to hear you had a fantastic experience at our hotel. I agree our staff is amazing and they are always looking to go above and beyond, just like the when you were going back to your car. Our front desk staff was ready to provide door to door service in our shuttle cart and van.

Our team was very excited about this review and would like to invite you and all your friends back to our hotel for another awesome stay.

Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

The staff at the HGI/Perimeter Center exceeded my expectations. Not only did everyone I meet go out of their way to be friendly and helpful, the room was very well maintained and kept clean by housekeeping. The parking area is up on an adjacent hill shared with the parking lot of the neighboring office building. No worries for those who have difficulty walking; the hotel provides a shuttle golf cart service to drive people to the front door of the hotel. This is a convenient location to the highway. Great restaurants and shops in the vicinity.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
HGIPerimeterGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Dear Keystone,

I would like to thank you for the great comments about our staff and pointing out specific services which made your stay enjoyable.

Our team is very appreciative that you recognized their hard work and dedication in providing you with a clean and well maintained room. I am also very happy to hear our staff staff was quick in providing shuttle service to and from your car.

Again, thank you for the kind comments and I look forward to meeting you and all your friends in the near future.

Mocksville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Check in staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Shuttle staff was awesome! Rooms were a little small and the bathrooms are average, but they are immaculate. The linens and beds are as you would expect at a Hilton.

Only complaints are the over priced dining options in the hotel, the toilet made a loud squeaking noise every time we flushed (until maintenance came and fixed it in five minutes) and there was a police chase that ended in our parking lot at 2am. We weren't able to use the indoor pool the first night and it was freezing. The second time we tried to use it, they had super chlorinated the water and you could not even breathe in the room. It burned our eyes and noses just opening the door to go in. Others were unable to enter as well. At least we know it's clean. Also, all parking is on top of a steep hill The staff will give you a ride to your car if you ask, but it's inconvenient.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
HGIPerimeterGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear DiddioMom,

I would like to thank you commenting on our great staff and the awesome points of our hotel. It is true, our area complimentary shuttle services one of our popular amenity of our hotel.

I would have like to have heard better comments about our pool and spa as we take this area very serious. In fact, we take our chemical reading twice daily and have a reputable pool company monitor our chemical 24 hours every day. We also post our daily temperatures and I believe the recent temperatures average 82 degree in the pool and 102 degrees in the spa.

In our on-property restaurant, we try to have a variety of food types with pricing similar to many fast foods value meals. We also have fresh steaks and seafood with quality equal to four star restaurants. We like to believe our weekend travelers can enjoy a hot cooked to order breakfast and barbecue dinner for about what you would spend at a coffee shop or fast food restaurant.

Again, thank you for the kind comments and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We stayed here Memorial Day weekend for an unbelievable price of $60 per night. For that we received a great value! The grounds and hotel were very clean and the front desk staff was attentive. Our king bed room had a sleeper sofa, microwave oven and small refrigerator. There is a small indoor pool and hot tub and doors open to a grass yard where many guests were laying out in the sun. The small workout facility had a couple treadmills and free weights, allowing for about 4 people to use the room at one time. I would have liked to have a different bed; there was a firm to soft adjustable setting on the king bed, but could never get it to feel just right. The parking lot is on a hill above the hotel and my wife commented that she would not stay at this location alone because of this. The hotel is just across the Interstate from Perimeter Mall and a MARTA station.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Eric327,

I would like to thank you for the great comments about our staff and grounds, our staff prides themselves in providing a picture perfect first impression.

I agree there are many positive hotel points and our in-room microwaves, refrigerators and GSS beds are just a few. You mentioned our inside pool which is very convenient as the Atlanta temperatures increase and the afternoon storms become more frequent.

I understand the parking area seems inconvenient and we have ongoing shuttle service 24 hours each day. In fact, our security officers are often found escorting our guests from the parking area in a small electric shuttle cart.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

recently stayed at this hotel with my wife for a business meeting. I grew up within 10 miles of this hotel and the area has always been upscale and safe. The hotel meets the standards of Hilton as far as "pretty and impressionable". The staff was very helpful. The full bar breakfast with chef for cooking omelets was GREAT! The only disappointment was the room. Although it was clean and neat, it seemed to lack the typical Hilton flare! Once I was in the room I would think it was like any number of other 2 star hotels. I simply expected a little more from Hilton. The bed was not nearly as comfortable as Marriott beds. “All in all” I feel I got a good deal since they were the lowest "bid" from Priceline. I doubt I would choose this hotel if I had to pay full price. I recommend the Priceline bid for 3 star hotels in this area since the area is very nice and all the 3 stars are good quality.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
HGIPerimeterGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear wsrctrave,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and are happy to hear the great experience you encountered during your stay. Our staff takes pride in providing a clean and safe experience.

I appreciate your comments on the guest room and I assure you when comparing nightly rates, you would find our hotel is an exceptional value due to the high Hilton standards which include complimentary internet, free local shuttle transportation, on-site restaurant with affordable breakfast, lunch, dinner and room service available late into the evening.

Most importantly, our staff is what truly makes the difference between a three star hotel and a four star resort and based on your comments, we have an amazing four star staff that look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely, Todd Neuenschwander

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!