“Beautiful Room, view under construction....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead

You added Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay More, Save More
Ranked #33 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Antonio, TX
“Beautiful Room, view under construction....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was beautiful, I had the corner room of the 24th floor. Try to get that if you visit. I loved the room so much, I just wanted to sit in there all day. Unfortunately, I had to work... As for the view, there is a lot of construction going on right now. They are building some posh apartment structures, but that means you have the view of the crew from the 24th floor. I am sure this will not be an issue for very long.

The bar is special. Another place that I felt the urge to just hang-out for long periods of time (and it was not because of the drinks. I loved the lady at the gift shop, and check out the clothes prices, not bad.

Overall this is a great place to stay. The staff is super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it. Sure it will be even better in a few months.

Room Tip: Corner and high in the air.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay and especially your room. We enjoy the people watching out the window too. We are glad you like the bar, it is a great spot to unwind and relax. We hoep to see you back often.
Grainne McClain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was chosen for its venue, but I will be more critical next time when selecting a hotel in Atlanta. As some other reviewers also mentioned, is the hotel really at par with its rating? The room was ok, for an early 80's hotel. The high tech, but ever so cheap tv/media/computer thing, was not really capable of giving good quality images or sound. Breakfast was mediocre, management should consider staying in one of the new Hyatts in China to be brought in touch with reality.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent. We appreciate the feedback and have shared it so we can improve the items you mentioned. We hope that we can make it up to you on a future stay.
Cedartown, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This property is very nicely decorated and appointed, but who charges for wifi anymore?? $10.95 per day per device is a little excessive in my opinion. And I had a bad experience with parking. I was in for a conference, and when I arrived, hotel parking was full. I was directed by hotel staff to a pay parking deck which cost $35 for my 2 night stay. The hotel did give me a $20 credit at checkout when I explained the situation, but I was still out $15.
If you don't mind paying for wifi and parking is not an issue, this is a lovely place to stay. I didn't take advantage of the offer, so I'm not sure how well it works, but there is a free courtesy car to transport guests to destinations within 2 miles of the property, so that's nice.
Also, I was staying at a negotiated rate, so I'm not sure about the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Stone Mountain.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments, we really appreciate the feedback and are glad that you enjoyed the hotel overall.
Minnesota City, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

At the time of this writing I am staying at this hotel. Room is nice but not a 4 star hotel room. Maybe a 2 star. Amenities with room are minimal. Bath tub does not drain properly, rust around shower head ring. You get some soap, small tube of shampoo and conditioner. You only get 2 glasses with room also. No bath mat at all. Towels are minimal and not plush. I have had better at budget hotels. We are on 7th floor and can hear traffic noise with windows closed. The bed is just OK, nothing special. The Conceirge was useless. We asked for dinner suggestions and she was not experienced enough to know where to send us. I have had better help from Red Roof Inn staff. Just as an FYI, Internet is still $10 for minimum (we got it waived), self park is $20 and valet is $32 per day. Orange juice is $5 and a bagel is $5. There is a Caribou across the street. Honestly, if you expect a 4 star hotel this is not it. Go elsewhere if you expect a nice room. This place has some beauty like its lobby area and garden but that is where nice ends and below par starts. I hope AAA comes in soon and gives it a true rating of 2 diamonds.

Room Tip: High floor
Green Features: I believe in green but there is a place when it stops and plain cheap takes over.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and have ensured that your comments have been passed on to the appropriate departments. We assure you this is not typical. We are very appreciative that you let us know. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, please reach out ot the hotel management at such a time.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was only able to stay here for one night. This hotel was chosen based on location to our meeting venue. It isn't in the heart of Atlanta but it is just a short train ride away. Because this is the financial district, it doesn't have a nightlife feel. My room was a corner room and therefore three windows and plenty of light. The room was a decent size and there was enough room to do my "travel" exercises. It was very clean and had everything I needed. The bathroom had an outdated heater/vent on the wall next to the toilet. I feel like this was for a nostalgic reason because nothing happened when I turned the nob. My tub had a dent and crack in it that was about 2in wide and just covered over poorly with calking. I had to be up early and therefore back in my room to watch SNL. Unfortunately the cable didn't work. Every 20 or 30 seconds it lost signal. I wasn't able to watch it, nor was I able to watch the news for weather and traffic the next morning. However the staff was very helpful. The concierge helped us find places to go, transportation, and even made restaurant reservations for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so uch for sharing your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and are truly sorry that you had trouble with your TV. We appreciate you letting us know so we can ensure its fixed. We hope to welcome you back soon and make it up to you.
Manning, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I thought the Grand Hyatt was very a nice hotel. We only stayed there one night but the room was fairly large with two queen beds and more than enought space for two adults. The bathroom was also large. Everything was clean and seemed very well taken care of. The lobby and entrance were very nice and grand. Very nice lobby bar that was very busy the night we were there. Good resturants nearby including Flying Biscuit which is always great right outside the lobby. I will be returning to this hotel. FYI, deals can be found with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review and we are glad to have a new loyal guest. We look forward to your next visit and many more after that.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had a very comfortable stay, with everything that you can expect in such a hotel. The staff was helpful in explaining to me about transportation options, places to eat, and their business center.
I got a discounted rate ($172/night) since this was a group meeting, but would otherwise have chosen a cheaper hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter what room you're staying in, if you're not there for the view.
Green Features: Regardless of the hotel's practices and notes that they may leave around, one should always be aware of waste of water, use of too many towels, etc. I just put on the "do not disturb" sign for the the whole duration of a few days. Why do I need someone to make my bed?
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad that your group chose us and that you enjoyed your stay. Now that you have enjoyed the hotel we hope you will come back on your own.
Grainne McClain

Been to Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead? Share your experiences!