“Good stay, great area!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #30 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good stay, great area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here back in February with my family of 5. Hotel is in a fantastic area of buckhead with plenty of eating options close by. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The on property restaurants were mediocre and over priced. But the area more than makes up for it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for the great rating, we are so glad that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and the great location that is Buckhead. We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.
Grainne McClain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Atlanta Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was pleased with the Grand Hyatt (formerly Hotel Nikko) where I stayed for a business meeting. The rooms are very standard, but clean and nice. The views are excellent, and the location is very good at the intersection of Peachtree Street and Piedmont Rd. There is a lovely Japanese garden in the hotel. The room service breakfast was nice. The meeting rooms were spacious and functional. The hotel is large and was crowded when I stayed, so the lobby was very busy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We are glad that your business trip was successful and that you were able to relax at our hotel and enjoy the location and food. See you next time.
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. I got a very good discount on the room rate through booking.com and there were absolutely no problems with check in. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, and not in that, "I'm expecting a tip for every tip of the hat," kind of way that can be so tiresome. I was offered the opportunity to upgrade to a corner room, and since my discount was so good, agreed. I'm very glad I did so! The corner room on the 21st floor was very spacious and the view was very nice...we could even see Stone Mountain from one window, the Buckhead "city" skyline scene with the city of Atlanta in the background, and a giant working crane and construction from another window.
The room itself provided very nice decor and amenities. The only drawback for us was the daily room charge for internet service, but that seems to be the standard with a lot of hotels these days.
We didn't try the hotel dining, but we did drop by the Onyx bar and found it to be a very pleasant experience. Mike the bartender was super friendly and seemed to maintain a nice laid back attitude in spite of clearly being very busy. They also serve Starbucks coffee in the morning from here, as well as munchies such as sandwiches and sweet treats in case you just want to grab something fast. Since this is in a business district, there are plenty of places to eat within walking distance, but the hotel also provides shuttle service locally.
Tip: You can self park or valet park at the hotel, but there is also a public parking deck connected to one of the buildings off to the side of the hotel for $15/day, which is about half of what valet costs. It had _plenty_ of parking space on the weekend.
This was a very nice hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share. We are so glad that you enjoyed your anniversary weekend with us. Now we hope its an annual trip and that we will see you again for the next one.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my gf on business/vacation. The staff here makes you feel first class with impeccable service. They are dedicated to making your stay as comfortable as possible.

It's a well designed hotel.The rooms are clean, comfortable and have the best pillows. The hotel has a fitness center open 24 hrs with well equipped locker rooms. Great for business travelers who work late or get up early.

The food it a bit pricier than it needs to be but there are several bars and restaurants around the area.

My one big gripe was the charges for the Internet. I've stayed in comparable higher end hotels comparable to the Hyatt that had free wifi but charging $9.95 for a less than 24 hr period is ridiculous. The Internet is only free for 15 min in the business center and after that you're charged. You also have to swipe your card! If you're a business traveler who
needs to be logged on at various points of the day, it's going to get annoying fast. Especially when your company is already try to cut costs.

Overall a good stay more for the leisure.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for reviewing the hotel, we are so glad that you and your girlfirend enjoyed the hotel, amenities and location. Hopully your next business trip will bring you back this way again.
Prattville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Was going to give this hotel 4 stars....but on reflection, I couldn't really find fault with it. Weekend trip with two kids (one infant)...room was quiet and very clean, and nice size even with the pack-n-play. Used self parking, garage is across street with easy stoplight access to Peachtree Rd. Staff was amazing....friendly and helpful. On Sat night they made free popcorn and played a kids movie outside at the pool. Note there's a decent pizza place next door thats great for the family and way cheaper (and less fancy-pants) than the in-hotel dining options.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you and thank you even more for the 5 star review, see you next time, we show the movies all Summer long.
Dothan al
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel itself is excellent, the staff is one of the friendliest I've ever encountered (on par with the Waldorf Astoria, formerly the Elysian in Chicago) - Kudos to management as this was too widespread to be luck, someone is emphasizing customer service and it shows. The hotel was clean, HDTV reception and internet speed very good, and location in Buckhead very convenient to shopping and the MARTA station. The pool, exercise room and the Onyx bar were very good as well. So why only 4 stars?
I made reservations with 2 travelzoo.com vouchers (a 2 night stay and a one night stay for 3 nights total). This deal included free parking, Internet, and a late check out and required 2 separate reservations. After purchasing I called the number on the voucher and received a rude representative (NOT the local hotel) who said I could not make reservations without a promo code. Travelzoo provides a pin number and voucher number but no promo code). Frustrated I called the local hotel and was greeted by a very friendly agent who apologized and promptly made my reservation. Upon check-in at the hotel I was told one of my reservations was cancelled ?? (a manager eventually clarified that my 2 reservations had been combined into one but the original agent did not understand this and made it seem as if I no longer had a 3 night reservation). Additionally, there was confusion over the package deal of free Internet, parking, and late check-out. I had to explain and clarify each one of these upgrades.
Several hours after check-in I received a call asking me to provide the travelzoo voucher numbers.

Long story short this would have been one of my best hotel stays ever, however, grand Hyatt and travelzoo need to communicate better and inform their check in people how to handle these type of reservations (I felt like I was the first and only to book through travelzoo).

Great hotel, highly recommend, just be aware if you use a travelzoo voucher.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel. We are sorry that there was confusion at check in but glad that it all got straigtened out and that you were able to have one of your best hotel stays ever. See you next time.
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we had business at the French Consulate up the road a bit. Also I've never done the Hyatt and since we are trying out the Chase Hyatt card--we thought, "Let's go for the brand flagship." The hotel was clean. No different than a Hilton though in terms of room standards, size, or bath amenities. Small but nice club lounge with excellent variety in snacks in the evening and ample breakfast. Great lounge service. All smiles at the hotel and everyone was pleasant. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking a chance on us and allowing us to host your stay in Atlanta. We are so glad that you enjoyed the club food, especially breakfast. We look forward to your next trip.
Grainne McClain

Been to Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead? Share your experiences!