“Tops” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #27 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New England
“Tops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I use the InterContinental as a barometer for Atlanta hotels and this one is right up there. I'm still here and am compelled to write a review. The room is solidly 4-star, not luxurious, but incredibly nice, but the service here is outstanding. Everyone I've encountered since my check in has been pleasant, efficient and professional. My only quip is that self-parking is downhill and across the street, but they have valet (I'm just cheap) so that may not be an issue. Please do stay here - you will definitely not regret it! This place is great.

Room Tip: They're all great - I prefer a high floor, and this room on the 20th is great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We really appreciate the great comments and are so glad that you had such a great time and enjoyed the hotel and staff so much. We hope that we will now be the barometer for your Atlanta hotel experiences. See you soon.

676 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Piney Flats, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

What a beautiful hotel this place is! It is bursting with charm and class. I accidently walked into the side entrance to check-in and it was stunning too. Cozy little restaurants located just outside the hotel gave easy access to meals. My room was nice, nothing extravegant but clean and fresh. I had a nice view of the Atlanta skyscrapers at night from my room. The staff was very nice and healpful. I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: walls are a little thin. I could hear my neighbors talking.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay. The hotel and the location are great and it sounds like you discovered all the great restaurants within walking distance. We look forward to your next visit.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days in January. It is a beautiful hotel to drive up to; and the lobby and public areas are first rate, with slate floors, columns, and elaborate chandeliers everywhere. Also, there is an impressive "Zen" garden and waterfall (but, no Koi).

When I arrived to my room, my initial impression was tainted by an overwhelming smell of "hotel" chemicals. The young lady who checked me in said she was assigning me to a "Pure" room (I believe this was her expression). This means there is an air purifier blowing in the room, and the soap and other bathroom products are hypo-allergenic. That's a nice marketing thing they have come up with, but, I didn't necessarily feel extra- "hypo-allergenic" during this stay vs. any other hotel visit. Over time, I did get used to the smell of "hotel" chemicals, however. I felt the room was clean enough, and the furnishings were serviceable and without stains.

Hotel staff was very professional and seemed to be dedicated to making their hotel a 1st class operation. If for no other reason, I would stay here again because of the staff. I must say, I never had to touch a door in the lobby, as the doormen always opened it for me, and greeted me like they were genuinely happy I was there. I can tell you, this does not happen in most places. Every Hyatt employee I passed or interfaced with, greeted me in a friendly, professional manner, and I really liked that.

The hotel is in a very good location, as I was able to walk 2 blocks to the MARTA station, to a major grocery store, to an AMC movie theater to see a movie, and to Ruth's Chris to eat. I never went to the mall, but, I believe I could have walked there in a few minutes, as well. In other words, It seems everything you might need was in very easy striking range.

All things considered, I believe this hotel delivered upon reasonable expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. We truly believe we have the best staff in Atlanta and are glad you got to experience that. We are so glad that you also got out and about and were able to enjouy our great location too. The room you were in is actually a Respire room by Pure and really is a hypo-allergenic room, specially treated and serviced by Pure and the air purifier is a medical grade device. All the soft and hard surfaces are treated so that there are much less impurities, its ideal for someone with breathing or immune issues. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back for many future visits.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two night for a work conference held at the hotel. Service was excellent from the front desk to the servers and housekeeping was kind too. The room was nice and spacious and the bed was comfortable. All meals were very tasty and the waitstaff was incredible. There were always snacks and refreshments available. The hotel was clean and modern. I ate lunch at the restaurant the first day and the food n service was good there too. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. Not near downtown or airport, though. Only complaint was that the water pressure in the bathroom sink was low.

• Stayed January 2013
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thanks for the great review and we are so glad that you had a great conference. We hope that next time you can come for a leisure visit and take advantage of all our great amenities.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

A cool destination for family stay. The kids love it since it is embedded with a mall and train station. It is also in the heart of the Business district and close proximity to most of Atlanta's interesting sites e.g The World of Coca-Cola, CNN centre etc. Would love to stage a come back God willing.

• Stayed April 2012
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the great comments, we are so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and staff. We are glad that we will now be your number one choice in Atlanta. See ou soon.
Middletown CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I spent four days at this lovely facility with a conference that hosted about 130 people. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff was extremely gracious and attentive. The conference facilities were everything that one would expect or want from a hotel. One night at 3:00 AM there were problems with the alarm system, but the management went out of their way to apologize for the inconvenience. Travel to the hotel from the airport is a bit difficult. You can take the MARTA for $3.50, but it involves walking a bit and takes about an hour. A taxi ride costs $40 one way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We are so glad that you enjoued your stay, room and of course had a great conference. We hope to see you again, not only for business but to get out and explore the great area of Atlanta that we are in.
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stay here weekly and receive great service every week. This last week was my birthday and everyone on the staff from the doormen, to the bellmen, to Lauren and Courtney at the front desk to the management team made me feel like family even beyond the standard amazing service I'm used to. I can not say enough about what makes this hotel so great. It's a beautiful property, the rooms are wonderful and stately and the staff is second to none in the industry. The service here is the best service I've ever had, anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms on the 22nd floor are very nice, also some of the corner Kings have a fold out couch a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyattBuckhead, Manager at Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We are just so glad to be your home away from home. We love the opportinity to be the best we can for guests like you who are here every week. We hope to you see you just as often for all of 2013. Thank you.
Grainne McClain

Been to Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead? Share your experiences!