“Bad Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead

You added Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3285 Peachtree Road Northeast, Buckhead, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Spring Rates from $144/nt
Ranked #111 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
houston
“Bad Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

This was a gift that was given to me and when I got there the staff had the Credit Card number of the travel agent and all they said is that they needed payment. But what could have taken them 30 seconds to do took them 2 hours. I was tired, frustrated and just plain angry. The people up front were not very nice, they do not know what it means to be in a position of customer service. They questioned me as if I were lieing to them, and that is just untollerable. Well to make matters worse when my husband and I got to our room and after having dinner, we were ready for bed and the duvey that was on the bed had a either a dry bloody satin, dry vomit, or dry something gross on there. I called down to the front desk and asked for new sheets and it took them 2hours just to get there. Then they said they could not find another duvey at all. So my husband and I had to sleep with just the sheets and a throw that was in the closet. The only good thing about it was, housekeepers and the drivers had much more better customer service than the front desk and the manager ever will. Maybe some roles need to be changed! I will not ever stay there again and will not reccommend that anyone stay there. I did take a picture of the stain and will add it soon!

• Liked — the cleaning and driving staff
  • Disliked — the front desk, management, and my room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a week in March on business. It's located next to a lot of restaurants, so I didn't need to drive to anything while I was there. There's a Ruth's Chris on the first floor. The people at the hotel were not the nicest in town ... but, this is a big city. I don't believe I heard the word "Thanks" during my entire stay. The manager's reception every night was nice (free beer, cocktails, light appetizers) and the made to order breakfast was good, too.

The wifi reception was horrible. The sad part is that there was a $10/day charge for the service. I called to complain and they brought up a wireless bridge -- but the service is so bad that the bridge couldn't even fix it. They refused to credit the $10, which was quite annoying when you consider that most people stay here for business.

Stayed March 2008
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

This hotel is mostly for kids. We had about a dozen teenaged girls in the room next to us and they stayed up most of the night. We could hear everything in our bedroom. Their parents must have been in another room. The front desk did not do anything about it. Regarding other services: the breakfast was good but the lines were long. The parking was expensive and inconvenient. Next time we're in Atlanta we'll probably stay in a quieter, smaller hotel.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

We spent four nights at the Embassy Suites and it worked out just great. It was nice having the extra space for the three of us (me, hubby, 10 year old son). We never felt crampt. The room was in good condition, not perfect. It is showing some age but it was kept clean and it smelled good. We had easy access to the aquarium, Stone Mountain, CNN, World of Coke, shopping, and restaurants. One thing I really enjoyed, which others may not, was that there were other families staying at the hotel. When we went down to the pool (there are two - one indoor, one outdoor and a whirlpool) there were usually other kids swimming which was great for my son. We went to the pool everyday and there were always towells and it was clean. I didn't use the exercise room but it looked very nice. The hotel lobby is pretty with coy ponds and nice landscaping. Our tub did not drain and I did let the housekeeping staff know, but I have a feeling it's an ongoing problem.

My only complaints are that they charge for wireless internet (but we avoided the charge by going to the business center) and you can't hook up a DVD player to the TV because of the way they have it set-up. Also, for such a huge room (3 sinks!) there was very little clothes storage.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Liked — Big rooms, pretty hotel
  • Disliked — pay for internet, TV doesn't allow DVD hook-up
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
I call IL home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

We were recommended this hotel over the Hampton Inn. The Embassy is in easy walking distance of the Lenox & Phipps malls. Also there are some great restaurants within the same walking distance. There's even a Ruth's Chris right in the hotel lobby. The rooms were clean & comfortable. Wireless internet connection was easy & good. Standard Embassy happy hour & breakfast items. The hotel staff were all friendly & helpful.

• Liked — Walking distance to restaruants & shopping
  • Disliked — Small seating area for happy hour & breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

The room we had over looked the street and was in need of some cosmetic work such as cracked tiles and torn wall paper but everything worked. The hotel staff was friendly except security which treated us like we weren't suppose to touch anything, and with kids running everwhere they might just have been on edge. The parking cost are high, $ 16 and up, the drink machines did not work, and the line for breakfest was around 25 min. each mourning. I expected better, I have stayed at a couple of other Embassy Suites that were a lot nicer, so average at best for the price is the best I would give it.

Stayed February 2008
Southern Cal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2008

This Embassy Suites is situated in a nice area of Atlanta. It has a very friendly and helpful staff who are very hard working. Customer service is a strong positive. All staff (front desk, housekeeping, kitchen) were very pleasent and quick to greet guests.

It features a very nice atrium area, with a tropical setting. Features indoor koi ponds which provides an entertaining, peaceful environment.

Regarding the breakfast....There was a long wait for food Sunday morning. Not so bad Saturday or Monday. The prepared food was ok. They fixed it rather fast due to the volume of folks so sometimes the food sits under heat lamps. They also tend to run out of certain items towards the end of the time so it is best to arrive early. I did enjoy the variety of breakfast foods and beverages, both hot and cold, that are available.

The hotel itself is old and needs some work. The carpeting in the hallway of the floor we stayed on is coming up in spots. The pipe to which our shower head was attached was loose at the wall. If you want a late night snack be aware that the food in the gift shop is quite expensive.

The beds in our room were not comfortable. They sagged and did not provide a good nights sleep. Did a lot of tossing and turning each night. For that reason I rate the hotel as average.
When I mentioned the bed issue at check out I was told that they are probably set for bed replacements for the entire hotel next year. (Happens every five years I am told).

Construction is taking place next door to the hotel. So if your room is adjacent to that side, and you are staying during the week or on a Saturday, you will be woken up to construction noise around 7AM. You may want to contact the hotel directly and inquire. That way you can request a room away from the noise.

Description of the hotel stated that there was an airport shuttle. That was NOT true. So when you arrive to the airport you will need to arrange transportation to the hotel if not renting a car. You can take the train to the hotel if you arrive prior to 11PM. Otherwise, take a cab. You will see quite a few vendors offering to transport you to your destination. Avoid them.

The hotel does have a shuttle service. However, it takes guests within one mile of the hotel for shopping and dining. We took Atlanta's train all over the place (MARTA) including our trip to the airport when it was time to depart.

• Liked — Price, location, and breakfast
  • Disliked — Beds needed upgraded. Carpeting in hallways need to be replaced.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!