“Nice and updated Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3285 Peachtree Road Northeast, Buckhead, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $109!
Ranked #94 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Bermuda
“Nice and updated Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Buckhead for 3 nights late July, and really liked it. We have stayed at several Embassy Suites in multiple states but this would be the first city Embassy Suites we have at and we were very pleased. The rooms were clean and modern; the cocktail hour was great and the breakfast in the morning was really well done... however got really busy during peak hours; however big thankyou to the guys that cleanup during breakfast they do a fantastic job and I can't imgaine get many thank yous. Liked the shuttle service within a mile of the hotel which we used once for dinner while it was raining. Really liked that they handed out what restaurants we in the area both walking and shuttle distance... really ncie touch. I felt safe in the area at night, and really liked the staff and hotel. When we am back in Atlanta I definately plan to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Wow! Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. The team at breakfast will be so pleased to hear your kudos and I will be sure to let them know. It's nice to hear that you appreciated and utilized all of our wonderful amenities. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travel plans call for Atlanta.

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here the second weekend in July for a Girls' Weekend that included 12 of us. At that same time, there were two or three family reunions going on which provides for a packed hotel, slow elevators and long breakfast line. One lodger rudely snapped at the front desk because of the long breakfast wait and made a comment that "those people" shouldn't be allowed to stay here because "they" create the bottle neck. This bitter woman also told the front desk manager that if she were in charge she would do a much better job.

I was being waited on by the front desk manager during that time and she maintained her professionalism, continued to smile and kept up her cheery demeanor. I am customer service driven and once worked in a reservations department at another major hotel chain. The ability to maintain her cool alone makes me want to stay here again. There was A LOT going on that weekend. Sadly, I don't remember the manager's name but she was short, bubbly and very congenial-thank you! Those names that I do remember who were very helpful during our stay was Demetrius, who helped me with a cheaper rate upon check-in, and Ernest, also at the front desk.

About the hotel: recently renovated, fresh coats of paint, contemporary furnishings and a lot of space to sit and chat in the lobby, atrium area, and reception area. The rooms were spacious (both King and double bedded), clean and nicely furnished. Towels looked pretty shabby and not of very good quality but the beds and bedding were very nice.

Elevators: VERY SLOW when it's packed or during check-in/out and during breakfast. This is to be expected so if it bugs you to wait, get up earlier to avoid.

Breakfast: Lines very long after the first hour-this is also to be expected especially on the weekends.

Parking: OUTRAGEOUS- $24 for Valet and $18 for self-parking. Common price in the area. Do the Valet, Self Parking is in the back of the hotel-nice walk if you have luggage with you.

ISSUE: We prepaid for our room at check-in including our Valet Parking. Because we had others joining us in other rooms their parking was included on our ticket. One of the ladies got a call at 7:00 a.m. stating she had not paid for her parking, which was also taken care of at check-in. This problem continued to haunt our entire party the whole weekend until we checked out on Sunday. Somehow, the Valet and the Front Desk miscommunicate so, double check if you use Valet or you might end up paying double.

All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your kind words about our staff and amenities will certainly be shared with all of our team members at our next employee luncheon. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stay here once or twice a month for business and it is my "go to" place in Atlanta. I've always been a fan of Embassy Suites--love the space and the value. The staff here are great, very friendly, and the location can't be beat--MARTA station is a block away, great shopping and pleny of restaurants to choose from. My only complaint is that the breakfast is really not very good and is by far and away the worst of all the Embassy Suites I have stayed at--the organization of the service is poor, the quality of a number of the items is poor, and they just seem overwhelmed not matter what the size of the crowd is. However, the cooks are great, friendly and work to accomodate. Bottom line--I don't stay anywhere else, the quality of the hotel outweighs the fact that breakfast just isn't up to par.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Its so good to hear that we are your "go to" place when traveling to Atlanta. Thank you for the nice things you had to say about our team, we all work hard to ensure that your stay with us is a pleasant one. We are in the process of reviewing our complimentary breakfast to see how we can better serve our travelers so your feedback is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This hotel is nice. I like to stay here when traveling on business to Atlanta. I normally stay 3 days, so having the suite is nice - more room to spread out. I like their breakfast buffet, but have not had a chance to take advantage of the manager's reception. There was some kind of Marines conference when I was there and the lobby/bar area was very loud in the late evenings - you can certainly hear all the noise sitting in the living room of your suite, but I was in the bedroom part and the noise was not an issue. Great location for me - easy to get around Buckhead and easy to get to downtown/mid-town as well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We are so glad that we are your hotel of choice when traveling to the Atlanta area. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay with us more enjoyable.
prescott ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I, with a business partner were there july 14-19/11. Thanks to trip advisor I decided to take the suggestion of using the marta system from the airport to the hotel.(1/2 hr.) What a super easy system to use, with such helpful Atlanta locals assisting without us even asking.Everyone should be like these super mannerly people, the world would be so awesome!
The exit from the Marta Station in Buckhead is 1 short block to the left upon entering the sidewalk to the hotel. Many other hotels as well are in the area. Restaurants, 3 malls are easy walking distance.
They have a shuttle which will take you to restaurants nearby, for just the tip of the driver, which were very friendly and mannerly.
The setup of the breakfast area, is very poor. This could be rectified with some common sense. To get to anything you end up backing out of the area into someone. so you have to be very careful manouvering around getting your items. alot of time is wasted backtracking, as well, as the layout is helter skelter. The food was okey.
The free drinks from 5.30 to 7.30pm is a nice touch. snacks is just junk food, sparse variety.
Pool areas- there are 2, one out and one in. very clean, good size, lots of comfy loungers on the outside one. we did not use the inside as it was super hot outside, with great sun. (loved an hour or so of relaxation after working all day)

The Rooms- HUGE, refrigerator, microwave, beds were super comfy, great linens. bathrooms perfect, towels thick, hairdryer, etc.
We will probably stay again, I will use my travel bible, tripadvisor to source out the other hotels in the area to see if the breakfast stacks up better.
All t he staff was super friendly, helpful, and mannerly, like all of Atlanta(or the people we met)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
We appreciate you taking time to share your hotel experience with us on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is extremely helpful and I will definitely be sharing it at our next staff meeting. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully you will come back and visit us again soon.
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites - Buckhead. I hadn't visited this hotel since 2006 and I love the upgrades! Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The lines for breakfast were not that long and the food was not bad at all. This hotel is very close to plenty of restaurants and just right down the street from the Lenox Mall. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Thank you for your review. Wow! A lot has changed at our hotel since your last visit in 2006. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully you won't wait five years!
Ladson, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

The weekend that my four friends and I were there, every room was occupied. This hotel has 16 stories, so there were MANY customers. Our complaints were three in number. The first one was at breakfast on Sunday morning. First of all, there wasn't enough staff to handle the crowd. One person was totally responsible for cooking omelets, pancakes, bacon, etc., and the poor guy just couldn't keep up with the demand. At one time, I counted 26 people in line for an omelet. Secondly, the arrangement of the breakfast bar was totally confusing. Instead of being served on an actual buffet, all of the "buffet items" were served from behind the counter by a staff person. The "buffet" and the omelet lines were overlapping and confusing. They ran out of silverware and coffee. We had to search and search for forks with which to eat our breakfast. I saw no evidence of managerial concern or action to remedy the situation. Another problem that existed was the thermostat of the room. We lowered it to 65 degrees in an effort to cool the room; however, the room never reached the point of being chilly. Our last complaint is that I booked two rooms two months in advance and specifically asked for adjoining rooms if possible or at least, side-by-side rooms. My request was ignored. In conclusion, we have always enjoyed staying at Embassy Suites. While the Buckhead facility is adequate, we feel it could be superior with a little effective managerial concern and guidance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
EmbassyDOSM, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what occurred on your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with our executive team and our front office manager will be contacting you to discuss your concerns. Thank you again for bringing them to our attention.

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead? Share your experiences!