“Shuttle Issues” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria

You added Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2815 Akers Mill Road SE, Atlanta, GA 30339 (Cumberland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$25 Gas Card!
Ranked #73 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Shuttle Issues”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I was there for an event happening with the local convention hall a few blocks away. My roommate and I were carrying large and quite HEAVY things and were happy to hear about a shuttle service.. However.. This did not go as well as we hoped.

I had one shuttle driver tell me to meet at the back of the Convention Hall when it took over 45 minutes to get picked up at 11pm from the front, next 'nite? I got nearly " scolded " on the phone because they apparently don't go to the back of the convention hall so to go to the front. I got so frustrated that I walked to the front of the Waiverly so I could possibly grab the last shuttle back to my hotel so I didn't have to walk alone. This was over a Friday-Sunday...

Sunday; My friend and I went to a Steak n Shake.. got dropped off.. ate.. and called to be picked up.. the lady who answered the phone said the driver was out to get us and would be by ASAP. 30 minutes later the shuttle driver came by.. simply BECAUSE he knew it didn't take that long to be at a Steak n Shake and hadn't heard from the lady at the front.. he also picked up a gentleman from a CheeseCake Factory who said " I was wondering if I was going to eat my food on the side of the road~" in a semi joking manner, but he was also equally a little upset.

I never was angry at the drivers ever.. I loved those guys and they were so nice and they honestly were trying their best!! .. I was more upset at the ladies behind the counter.. who were saying they were doing something.. but in reality. .they weren't.. Walkie Talkies or some kinda communication between the drivers besides the ladies running out to tell them definatly needs to be in order.

This communication on Monday also frustrated us so badly we decided to leave early to go to the airport. Gave up on a driver and had to walk back with heavy items with a bad knee.

When we asked for a comment card the lady blinked at us and went " Well.. I can tear off a sheet of printer paper and you can write something there!" NOT Happy. We figured she knew we were upset so did not want to give us a real comment card.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your remarks with the entire management team. I am sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding the shuttle and front desk service have been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. After investigating I learned that during the time of your stay, the cell phone used by our van driver was lost and took a few days to be replaced. That is not an excuse, but the reason there was a breakdown in communication. We could have done a better job at the front desk of explaining that and for that we apologize. Additionally, Embassy Suites as a brand does not have a paper form for a comment card, but rather an online version via e-mail. Thank you again for your comments here, and we hope you will choose Embassy Suites for your future trips to the Atlanta area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I have stayed twice at this hotel. My first stay was for business several years ago and the one recently was to take my son for a second medical opinion at a nearby medical office. Location was excellent for both my stays. The suites have two TVs, small refrigerator, microwave and living room, all of which makes them great when traveling with kids. The room was clean and comfortable, but the beds have seen better days. I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed at other Hilton hotels and beds have been much better. Although complimentary breakfast hours are in "small print" in the room keys jacket, I would have appreciated if the person checking me in would have reminded me the breakfast hours. I missed breakfast for 15 minutes and it caused chaos on my schedule, since we had a medical appointment and had to find a place to eat outside the hotel before the appointment. Lost quite some time, but made it just in time for the doctor. Will be staying again for the medical procedure because of its convenient location and amenities. Hope that next time we get a room with better beds.

• Stayed August 2010
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We take your comments very seriously and have shared your kind remarks with the entire management team. We are sorry we did not satisfy all of your expectations. We strive to provide every guest with a premier experience. Your feedback regarding the bedding and breakfast hours notification have been shared with our General Manager and I assure you measures will be taken to improve in the future. Please feel free to contact us if you have further concerns and we hope you will choose the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria for your future trips to the Atlanta area.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed at the Embassy Suites-Galleria for 2 nights in order to visit the aquarium, world of coke and do some shopping. We were convenient (10 miles) to the aquarium and world of coke and right across the street from a great mall. The staff was overly nice, from the front desk staff to the breakfast staff, we were treated like royalty. We even ran into one of the ladies from breakfast and she remembered us and wanted to know if we would be back the next morning. We had originally had planned on staying at the Embassy Suites in Buckhead but changed at the last minute to save money on the room and so that we wouldn't have to pay for parking. I am so glad that we made that change. We'll be visiting this hotel again soon!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are so appreciative of feedback from our guests, and most especially when it is so positive! We're glad you found our location convenient to downtown attractions as well as local shopping and dining. We really are a great value proposition with free parking and the additional Embassy benefits of more space for families and complimentary breakfast. Most importantly we are glad you found our staff to be so helpful and accommodating since that is what true hospitality is really all about. We look forward to welcoming you back again on future visits to Atlanta, and again, many thanks for your kind words.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I recently had the opportunity to enjoy the great hospitality of the Embassy Suites. The reservation process was easy to use and understand. The front office staff were friendly and efficient at check in and made me feel very welcome. The guest room itself was a nice surprise. Recently renovated with very comfortable beds and bedding with flat screen tv's in the suite area and bedroom, wonderfully appointed bathroom and very nice wet bar area with microwave, coffee maker and refridgerator. And the room was really clean. The nightly managers reception and full breakfast buffet were even included in the rate. What a great value! Nice friendly staff-wonderful facility. I'm glad I refer our traveling guests to utilize this property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Although this Embassy Suites is older and not as nice as most I have stayed at, it has something that very few (if any) of the others offer . . . a great massage. We had just moved furniture and then rode 6 hours in the car on the start of our vacation. Our backs were so sore. I noticed a sign in the elevator for massage services in the hotel. Eagerly, we called and set up two massages. That night, two men appeared with a full array of massage essentials - tables, soft music, etc. They were very professional and friendly. I have had about six massages in the past few years and I can say that this one far exceeded any I had had before. My husband agreed. They worked all the kinks out in no time. We were very tempted to alter our travel plans on the return trip just to get another massage! Another great part to this was not having to even leave our room. Whenever we travel through Atlanta, we will stay at this Embassy Suites solely because of the massages.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Thank you very much for your great review on our hotel. The Spa company we use for our guests - Favours Spa - has been a great partner company to work with and they also greatly appreciate your review. You can even find them a few nights a week offering complimentary ten minute chair massages in our atrium during our nightly manager's reception. We hope you return next time you are in the Atlanta area, and once again, thank you for your kind words!
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I took over a big project in the Atlanta area about 4 years ago. I was not familiar with the hotel "situation" at all and being a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I just opted to stay at the downtown Hilton on Courtland St. After a few stays there I grew VERY tired of that area and a friend recommended the Galleria area as there is an Embassy, Hampton Inn/Suites and Doubletree all within a 1/4 mile of each other.

I tried the Embassy Galleria and have been staying there ever since!

First off, the hotel is off the main road enough that traffic is not an issue.

The next good thing is that parking is absolutely free. There are no hidden charges.

The rooms were all upgraded last year - new furniture, new flat screen LCD TV's, new light fixtures, everything. was upgraded.

Breakfast area is big enough to handle a big crowd and the wait in the "egg line" is not bad at all most mornings. Fruit, juices, cereals and other items are plentiful.

Evening reception is great. I can't think of the girl's name who works behind the drink counter but she is awesome and always remembers my favorite drink even if I haven't been there in a few weeks.

Bar area is nice place to unwind in th evening and watch a sporting event.

The best thing about the location is that you'll never run out of things to do or places to eat. Cumberland Mall is a couple blocks away and offers several good upscale eateries. Cobb Energy Center is right next door for music and other entertainment.

Ok, now I sound like I'm marketing for the hotel. Long story short, this is a great place for this business traveler who spends a liot of time in the A-T-L.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, July 10, 2010
We can't thank you enough for this incredible testimonial! You really should be in Marketing! We are thrilled that you love our hotel for all of the reasons that make our brand so special, and that you have been returning for four years. You did an excellent job touching on the four things that make up Embassy's winning formula: our spacious new suites, our public lounge areas, our nightly manager's reception, and our hot, made to order, daily breakfast. Best of all you receive HHonors points for each stay since we are a member of the Hilton family of hotels. Many also don't realize that while we are convenient to downtown Atlanta, we are in a better area for retail, dining, and entertainment. We really do have the best of all worlds here! Thank you again, and I look forward to meeting you on a future stay to say thanks in person for this wonderful review!
Thanks and Warm Regards,
Dale Gustafson,
Director of Sales & Marketing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I moved to this Embassy after being dissapointed with the one in Buckhead during a 5 day trip to the Atlanta area. It is also an older property and as with the Buckhead location and again I found the living room to have very weak lighting. Pros: Room service was lightning quick and good quality. Also, there's no parking charge. Con: Biggest problem is the noise. During the manager's reception (5:30 - 7:30pm) you can hear a "roar" in the room from all the people down stairs. But I noticed it was still loud around 10pm. I looked out and there was still a lot of people downstairs, but there were several groups of people standing outside their rooms on various floors talking (loudly); people being inconsiderate is not a surprise, but I expect better management control from Embassey's - without having to complain. Another problem: at 6:30pm therer wasn't a towel to be found in the workout room (nor in the pool area). Someone went and notified the front desk and was told towels would be there soon. I stayed another 25 minutes or so, still no towels. Maybe there was a convention or something going on, but I decided this Embassy wasn't for me and left the next morning.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
First of all, thank you very much for your candid comments about your stay with us. It is incredibly important to get feedback in order to improve our guest's experience. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly hotel, and as such we get a high volume of families vacationing during the summer months. To address the summertime noise complaints we have hired security for overnight shifts and have recently instituted an overnight manager-on-duty program as well. We feel with the additional management presence we will minimize this noise problem. We also apologize for the lack of towels in the fitness center area. Again, with the high number of vacationers in each suite we occaisionally have demand issues with towels.
Secondly, we wish to encourage you to not give up on the Embassy Suite brand in the Atlanta area! If an atrium hotel is not the best suited design for you, we do have a brand new Embassy suites we suggest that is just a few miles up the interstate in the Atlanta suburb of Kennesaw that has a new, modern architectural design with no atrium, so it tends to be much quieter, yet you still have all of the other value added benefits of an Embassy Suites.
Lastly, we thank you for your positive comments as well. Again, all of your feedback is very valuable to us.

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!