I was there for an event happening with the local convention hall a few blocks away. My roommate and I were carrying large and quite HEAVY things and were happy to hear about a shuttle service.. However.. This did not go as well as we hoped.
I had one shuttle driver tell me to meet at the back of the Convention Hall when it took over 45 minutes to get picked up at 11pm from the front, next 'nite? I got nearly " scolded " on the phone because they apparently don't go to the back of the convention hall so to go to the front. I got so frustrated that I walked to the front of the Waiverly so I could possibly grab the last shuttle back to my hotel so I didn't have to walk alone. This was over a Friday-Sunday...
Sunday; My friend and I went to a Steak n Shake.. got dropped off.. ate.. and called to be picked up.. the lady who answered the phone said the driver was out to get us and would be by ASAP. 30 minutes later the shuttle driver came by.. simply BECAUSE he knew it didn't take that long to be at a Steak n Shake and hadn't heard from the lady at the front.. he also picked up a gentleman from a CheeseCake Factory who said " I was wondering if I was going to eat my food on the side of the road~" in a semi joking manner, but he was also equally a little upset.
I never was angry at the drivers ever.. I loved those guys and they were so nice and they honestly were trying their best!! .. I was more upset at the ladies behind the counter.. who were saying they were doing something.. but in reality. .they weren't.. Walkie Talkies or some kinda communication between the drivers besides the ladies running out to tell them definatly needs to be in order.
This communication on Monday also frustrated us so badly we decided to leave early to go to the airport. Gave up on a driver and had to walk back with heavy items with a bad knee.
When we asked for a comment card the lady blinked at us and went " Well.. I can tear off a sheet of printer paper and you can write something there!" NOT Happy. We figured she knew we were upset so did not want to give us a real comment card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria, you'll wake up every morning to a delicious and complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast featuring our signature omelets. At night, be sure to stop by our Evening Reception to mingle with other guests and enjoy complimentary cocktails and snacks.We are conveniently located across from the Cobb Galleria Centre, perfect for business travelers and leisure travelers looking to attend shows at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center. With easy access to many highways, getting to local area attractions is a breeze! Our hotel features spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas, 2 televisions, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, and work desk with two telephones and data port. Stay in touch during your stay with complimentary Internet access. Make the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria hotel your home away from home while visiting the Atlanta, GA area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta
- Embassy Suites Atlanta
- Atlanta Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Atlanta Galleria Hotel