First off, let me just say that if you are traveling on business (over the weekend), this is probably not your best bet. The ONLY reason I say this is because there are loads of vacationers in family groups, athletic groups, etc. Otherwise, if you're patient and accustomed to the family atmosphere, it's fine. During the week, it's a wonderful stay for business travel.
Okay, so more detailed:
BREAKFAST BUFFET/OMELET BAR:
fantastic and very plentiful, especially for the booking price. (Hint: If you're AAA, Govt, etc, the rates are great). There is room service as well, if you want to avoid the large crowds. Plus, you can just swoop down, get your food and bring it back up to your room. Whatever your preference.
EVENING MANAGER'S RECEPTION:
Just a little snack and free drinks (including alcoholic beverages)!
ALWAYS filled with people but nice and warm, hot tub is very hot (not great for little ones). Gym is pretty decent, does the job!
always coming and going, never a prolonged wait
more than acceptable spaciousness, quality TV's with ON Demand movies to order in your room (great to distract older kids when showering, etc). large bathroom with much standing room. microwave, fridge, sink outside of the bathroom (also), coffee makers, etc.
super super comfy. lots of pillows and warm blankets! plus you can control your thermostat, so no worries on getting too cold or too hot.
in the Galleria area around lots of food establishments and shops, etc. although it is NOT in the heart of Atlanta, so don't expect any less than a 15 minute drive to downtown. (Hint: for as busy and loud downtown can be, this might be a better choice for overnight stay if you have transportation)
I would say that my ONLY complaints towards this hotel would be the following
~ Internet costs $10 for 24-hour use. That's just silly. They have people booking in and out of this hotel constantly. They really don't need the money, haha.
~ My daughter would NOT sleep in their crib. It's an old school roll-in metal poled crib. They should really invest in a bundle discount with a pack n play manufacturer like most hotels are doing. They're much more comfortable and less "prison-like." I had to share my bed with my 2 year old lol. I'd really like to pass on that next time, as I don't enjoy being kicked all night long.
Other than that, we had a wonderful stay. We would definitely stay here again (but bring our own pack n play)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria, you'll wake up every morning to a delicious and complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast featuring our signature omelets. At night, be sure to stop by our Evening Reception to mingle with other guests and enjoy complimentary cocktails and snacks.We are conveniently located across from the Cobb Galleria Centre, perfect for business travelers and leisure travelers looking to attend shows at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center. With easy access to many highways, getting to local area attractions is a breeze! Our hotel features spacious suites with separate living and sleeping areas, 2 televisions, refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, and work desk with two telephones and data port. Stay in touch during your stay with complimentary Internet access. Make the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria hotel your home away from home while visiting the Atlanta, GA area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta
- Embassy Suites Atlanta
- Atlanta Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Atlanta Galleria Hotel