“Don't stay here. Renovations are needed badly.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria

You added Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2815 Akers Mill Road SE, Atlanta, GA 30339 (Cumberland)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$25 Gas Card!
Ranked #76 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Washington, DC
“Don't stay here. Renovations are needed badly.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family stayed here for the weekend. We booked the presidential suite (2 bedrooms, living area, etc) but there was nothing presidential about it. The hotel is old and rundown and not the typical quality we would expect from Hilton brand hotels. The furnishings were old and outdated and a few things in our room was broken. This hotel needs a renovation badly in order to compete with other hotels in the area. The cooked to order breakfast was okay, but could have been better. This hotel was subpar and left alot to be desired. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our Presidential Suite. We have two of them and they were the only suites not renovated a few years ago when the total hotel was renovated.. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. As a matter of fact, we've just been approved with funding to renovate both Presidential Suites, and the interior designer was here just yesterday to come up with a new design for the renovation for those two suites. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced, we will be sure to address our team to ensure that we make the necessary improvements. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future, Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
ctyadmcc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed for one night travelling cross country. The location was convenient to the interstate. Parking was no problem. The room was nice - standard Embassy. Breakfast was fine. I've stayed at a number of Embassy's and this was up to the standards of the others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear ctyadmcc,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria. We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will make Embassy Suites your first choice of hotels in the future. We look forward to having you as our guest again when you travel to Atlanta. Thanks again and warm regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Daytona Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I go to Embassy Suites for little getaways. Got a decent pizza at the bar, but any other food from there isn't very good. The breakfasts that this hotel is so famous for, not so good here - stale danish, ran out of coffee, milk, juice and ice before 10:00 a.m. Long line for eggs, french toast, pancakes, biscuits and gravy (stale biscuits) and canned gravy.

THREE TIMES we asked the front desk to look into the foul smell in the room.

Had to wait until 3:30 to get our room cleaned the second day we where there. Had to sit in the bar waiting for them to clean the room.

The dining area was FREEZING!!!!!

But on the bright note, the pool was heated and the whirlpool was heaven

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Luvhim,
The Embassy Suites Atlanta Galleria would like to express our deepest regrets that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer to each of our guests. Your feedback allows us to gain an understanding of any shortcomings we may face and address them appropriately to avoid a recurrence for future guests. We again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and hope that in the future you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Fort Benning, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed overnight last Saturday at this hotel. I called on Friday before booking a room here since there were other hotels I was considering. I asked if the pool was heated because one of our primary concerns with the hotel we were going to pick was the pool and its hours. I was told on the phone that this pool was heated and was open from 7am to midnight. We actually left Six Flags early on Saturday to check in because my family wanted to use the pool. That was a HUGE mistake. The pool was so cold that our year old baby was shivering within the first five minutes. My husband refused to go in above his waist and only went that deep because he was holding the baby's float. My teenager went in knee deep and immediately went and sat in the hot tub. I went in and had to get out immediately. We are originally from Michigan and can take some pretty cold water without complaining, but this was too cold even for us. The hot tub was warmer than what most hotels have theirs set at, or maybe it just felt that way since I was numb from the couple of minutes in the pool. Needless to say my husband removed the baby as soon as she started shivering (this is the baby that plays in her pool with water straight out of the hose and never has a problem) and took her up to the room to warm up. I was going to stay in the hot tub for a few minutes, but since the pool was so cold the "family" (they had about 15 kids with one parent for an obvious sleepover birthday party at the hotel with 20 people in one hotel room) that was also in the pool area couldn't get in the pool water either. This meant that the hot tub became a "play area." The kids began jumping over the wall between the hot tub and the pool as a game to see who could get in the freezing cold water. Since I was in the hot tub, I also became an obstacle so I was kicked, stepped on, and fallen on (and I have the bruises to prove it.) Now the kids behavior has nothing to do with the hotel, but I think they would have probably happily played in the pool if it wasn't going to cause hypothermia or frostbite within five minutes. As far as the room, it was decent. It is what you would expect from a hotel in this price range. The breakfast was comparable to any hot breakfast available at most hotels. We didn't try the omletes because the line was longer than we felt like waiting. The managers reception was decent. It's hard to be excited and write a good review about a decent hotel when you feel that the receptionist lied in order to get your business. On check out in the morning I was asked how my experience was and told them that everything was ok except for the pool was not heated. I was told that their were kids swimming in it right then and it was normally heated so they didn't know what the problem was. *shaking head* Love it when a business treats you like your lying about part of their service when you are giving an honest opinion. Anyway, as I said, nothing really special about this hotel. It is average for the price paid. If you are going for the pool, I wouldn't count on it being warm enough to swim in. We have been in a lot of hotel pools. We are rewards members for both Marriott and the Intercontinental (Holiday Inn) brands. We have stayed so many days at those brands over the last couple of years that when we moved to the Columbus area and we were waiting for our house to be finished we actually stayed for about a month and a half between those two brands just from our earned reward points...that's a lot of hotel stays to get that many points. I have NEVER felt a hotel pool that was this cold. The whole reason I chose this hotel versus the Marriott I was planning on staying at turned out to be a huge disappointment. I really wish I would have stuck with the brand that has never disappointed me then my family would have enjoyed our time rather than being disappointed and sitting in our room instead of swimming like we had planned. The poor service rating is for the original lie about the pool being heated and the checkout acting as if I was lying to her. The service at the manager's reception was good and so was check in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Joi K,
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved and expected during your recent stay. We apologize for the cold pool and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. Our pool is routinely checked, and I truly apologize that this inconvenience occurred during your stay. Again, our goal was never to deceive you or any guest about our amenities; this however was just an unforeseen issue. We will be sure to have the pool repaired immediately and we hope you and your family will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area. We would love another opportunity to provide an exceptional stay for you all. Warm Thanks and Regards, Dale Gustafson, Sales Director.
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in August to attend a football game at the GA dome. The hotel is kind of a drive to the stadium, but I used taxis most of the trip. The hotel had arranged a large shuttle to take groups to the game for only 15 dollars so that was nice. The Embassy Suites in Buckhead or downtown is a little more convenient, but since parking is complementary at this hotel, it helps to offset any additional costs for taxis.
This hotel is a little older, but it isn't really noticeable. The rooms are the typically large style that you see in most Embassy Suites. The bedroom seemed larger than most though. Despite the hotel being full of college football fans, it was very quiet at night.
The manager's reception was better than most. Lots of heavy snacks and even a decent selection of mixed drinks were available each evening.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As with most hotels that have an open interior, the higher the better...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear ChildeRoland,
Thank you for your taking the time recently to post a review of Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria. We are agrateful for your feedback and overall positive review of your experiences with us! We host many fans of college and professional football games because of our convenient shuttle service. We take great pride in our hotel and service offerings and look forward to serving you again soon. Sincerely, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Brandon, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently took my 2 year old to Atlanta for the weekend and had a great time staying at the Emabassy Suites in Smyrna, GA. The hotel was very clean and the room was spacious and comfortable. We ate breakfast each morning in the lobby. It wasn't the greatest ever, but better than most. They offered an Omlet bar from 7 to 10 each morning in addition to a hot breakfast buffet. We did not eat the omlet bar as there was typically a long line, so I can't speak of the omlet quality. We stayed here to go to the GA Aqarium and it was a good location in correlation to downtown Atlanta. My only complaint is all the construction traffic on 285, both East and West Bound...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Canivito2000,
Thanks for your positive review of the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria! We're so glad you found our hotel to be comfortable and convenient to downtown attractions. We are most busy on the weekends, which is why we put out an additional breakfast buffet in most cases due to the omelet line, which is quite popular. I'm sorry to hear you got caught in that construction traffic on Atlanta's perimeter highway. We anticipate that will be completed in the next few months. Thanks agan and warm regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Overall a great Embassy Suites. Friendly staff and nicely-appointed rooms. My one suggestion would be to spend some time cleaning up the parking lot and surrounding areas. There was quite a lot of trash in some areas of the parking lot which made the building (which isn't all that attractive from the outside, anyway) look pretty unsightly. Thankfully it was clean inside.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2815, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear JVW10,
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive Trip Advisor review of your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Atlanta-Galleria. We are glad you found our hotel to be convenient and clean inside. We have passed your comments about our grounds to the maintenance team here and we assure you the matter has been addressed. Your honest feedback is valuable to us as it serves to help us improve. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in Atlanta. Thanks and Warm Regards, Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales.

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!