“Small. But beautifully formed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #85 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Small. But beautifully formed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Really smart boutique hotel. Only small but beautifully well thought out use of space. Nicely furnished and very clean. Bar area just off the foyer was a well thought out and design was in keeping with the locality making it a nice place to sit and relax. They served a lovely breakfast here ; the service was extremely friendly but rather slow. We were only here for one day but it seemed a lovely area for an exploratory stroll.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Not much I can say that others hadn't. The property is conveniently located in Midtown near MARTA, restaurants and bars/venues. The amenities are numerous with lobby bar, side rooms and outdoor seating area making this location a preferred stop for travelers. The room is small, quaint, yet updated and modern. If you have stayed at an Indigo before, you know what I mean. For those traveling solo, or who are not accustomed to the urban downtown feel, the Indigo Midtown location may push you to the edge of your comfort zone. While the hotel is safe, the neighboring streets do contain residents that will ask you for change and additional assistance. I recommend this property, just use your whits at night when outside, and you will have a great stay. If you are going to the Fox, you can't go wrong as this is right across the street. And again, the MARTA is a very short walk away.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel Indigo is a hotel with flair, right across from the historic Fox Theater. Copies of vintage playbills from past concerts paper the check-in area and other references to music appear throughout the hotel.

Rooms are a good size and decorated with the same theme, comfortable beds, and quiet.

The bathrooms are smaller than one found on a cruise ship. Seriously tiny. I'm not sure if a big person could access the shower without physically climbing over the toilet.

The people at the front desk are helpful and cheerful, and the patio is a great spot for visiting with friends.

Metro stop is around the corner. The front desk people recommended cabs anytime that we needed to go anywhere, even three blocks down for a restaurant, expressing concerns for safety at night. I will say that we did not ever experience any safety issues even though we disregarded their advice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the small and well designed bathroom in our room. Earl at the front desk was the best ever,always cheerful and helpful. Jermaine was the ever friendly coffee server and Sahudy gave great service at the bar. Overall we had an excellent experience.

• Stayed March 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. Zachary and Michael at the front desk were ever so helpful. The restaurant with Jermaine and Jahudy as waiters and Zack as the chef produced excellent meals both at breakfast and supper. We will use this property again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Watkinsville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Getting Room #911 should have been all the warning I needed!

We often stay in Atlanta when we have a show at The Fox. Decided to stay at Hotel Indigo since I had a free night certificate to use. I checked in around 7 pm. Michael was great at check in. He welcomed me and asked about room type... was able to give me a king size room. He also offered my bonus amenity and said he would post the points. I indicated that my partner would be arriving at 3 am and asked that he be added to the record so he would be able to get a key and not have to wake me up at 3 am.

I went up to the room and was asleep by 9 pm. Shortly thereafter, a knock on the door woke me up. Someone saying he was "maintenance" said that he was there to fix the air conditioning and toilet. I had not reported any problems. I was not dressed and did not want to open the door. I called down to the front desk to confirm they had sent someone to my room but no one answered. So, I refused to open the door.

I then went back to sleep. At 3 am, the room phone rang. It was my partner. The front desk and security would not give him a key to the room. They said there was an audit going on and it would be 45 minutes before they could even confirm that he was registered in the room. He chose at that moment to call and wake me so he could get in the room. I find the inability to confirm a guest a major problem.

Over night, the heating did stop working... had to set the thermostat at 90 degrees just to get the heat going. In addition, the alarm clock/CD player was unplugged... and the only way to plug it in was to move the bed... and I was not doing that. It was also impossible to charge anything in the room. No available outlets in the room that were not being used other than in the bathroom. Unfortunately, those two outlets were not working, even after resetting the GFI switch.

I shared all this with Michael when checking out and he apologized. He said he would have someone look at the issues in the room. He said he had sent maintenance up the previous evening for a different room across from my room, so the person must have knocked on the wrong door.

Michael offered a few points for the inconvenience. But I have to say that it was a hollow gesture when I had all these problems.

I personally wrote a note that I put under the manager's door (I believe that was who it was) beside the front desk across from the elevator as we came back to our car after the show. A week later and no response to me even though I had left contact info and requested a response.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Hokies87 from Watkinsville, GA -
Hello again. I know we have already connected directly, but I wanted to make sure to also respond to your posting here on TripAdvisor as well. Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to share your feedback about your experience during your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to read about the challenges your encountered during your stay. Thank you for allowing me to communicate with you directly to learn more about your stay and to see how we can make it right for you. I truly appreciate your time to bring this to my attention. We care deeply about our guests and always strive to provide a great hotel that guests love. Your comments will help us do just that. Sincerely, Gabriele Webster, General Manager
Vidalia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed here when we were attending a comedy show in the Atlanta area. Our room was very clean and the Decor was very neat and and we loved it. The staff at the front desk were very courteous and very helpful. This hotel is located in an ideal location ,right across from the Fox theater and in a very close walking distance from very tasty restaurants! We fell in love with this place and will return soon.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta? Share your experiences!