“GREAT Hotel in the Midtown Market” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #81 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Peachtree City, Georgia
“GREAT Hotel in the Midtown Market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Thanks to a staff full of service surprises that made this an excellent week of meetings in Atlanta. From early mornig coffee service to late night cocktails, always attentive and smiling- THANKS guys. Yea, like teh others reviews have mentioned, the bathrooms are small, but the ambiance of this older building make up for the trivial issue.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better with a view of Peachtree Street and the Fox Theatre
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

To attend the wedding of our friends' daughter, we chose the Hotel Indigo, advertised as a "boutique hotel" for the proximity to the wedding venue, and the rate offered for wedding guests. This hotel is a renovated historic building which required fitting comfort into relatively small spaces. The lobby does have soaring ceilings, glistening chandeliers, and a small restaurant/bar on the left, and a cozy sitting area to the right, We were cordially greeted by hotel staff and our check-in was quick and easy. We were advised that due to the nature of the renovation restrictions that the accommodations were smaller than we would normally expect in a hotel.

They were not kidding. Although very attractive, the room did not have any space to put things. The bathroom was extremely tight, but the shower stall was generous enough to take a nice hot shower. The bed was comfortable and we slept well for the two nights we were there. Despite its size, I would recommend this hotel, as it is across from the famous Fox Theater, and close to downtown attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east. You can see Stone Mountain, and nice vistas.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Always a consistent stay at Hotel Indigo's. Each one unique and Interesting . Our Stay here in Atlanta was just overnight . Slept great, comfortable bed . Loved the location on Peachtree street .
Close to good restaurants , people out walking at night .
We would stay here again. Always friendly staff and good service.

Room Tip: Corner room was small but great for one night or two.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here because it was the "overflow" hotel for a conference that was headquartered in the Georgian Terrace Hotel, right next door and the conference organizers didn't secure enough rooms for the number of attendees. Most conferees stayed in the luxurious conference hotel, with incredible suites of bedrooms, walk in closets, attached kitchens, and living rooms, for the same price that I paid for a room no bigger than 1' larger than the 2 double beds that occupied it. Beds were comfy; furniture and appointments were minimal, though functional. A cupboard with a rod for hanging clothes was the small "closet; there were no drawers, only open shelves, in the cabinet beneath the TV. and I kept my underwear etc. in my suitcase, inconvenient. Toilet/sink area of the Bathroom was no bigger than a phone booth, although the shower was large and had a grab bar on the wall, something all hotel showers/tubs should install (my husband having almost cracked his head open in a fancy hotel shower that had a very slippery shower floor). The first time I sat on the toilet in the Indigo, while getting up with my head lowered, I smashed my head into the sharp edge of the oval basin of the sink, which was very close to the toilet. Luckily no blood, but a a large contusion on my forehead for the next few days. 2 women shared this room and it was not possible to stand at the sink to apply makeup or comb hair, etc. No shelf near the sink and not enough room. That had to be done in a vestibule "dressing room" just outside the bathroom that I wished were better lit. The bathroom proper was so small that I found it almost impossible to dry myself post shower in that space. For 2 people, 1-cup at a time coffee maker came with only 1 coffee pod, and I had to call to get extra coffee. Wifi was dependable. I didn't intend to do more than sleep there while attending a conference, but the bathroom was definitely a reason I'd not return. The staff in the lobby were always unfailingly helpful, and props to them. The man who checked me out, upon hearing about the bump on my head, sent me to the bar for a free coffee. They try hard, and the historic building is restricted by what they can do in terms of renovations. But it was hard not to feel deprived here compared with the spacious rooms/suites my fellow conferees were enjoying next door. The Indigo is located a few blocks from the wonderful Southern cuisine restaurant, Mary Mac's Tea Room (highly recommended), is across the street from the Fox Theater, and near several other good restaurants. If you don't care about bathroom size, this hotel is a value, especially for a one-night stay. I reduced it from a 5 to a 4 mainly for the bathroom inadequacy.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Lorraine S from Houston, Texas -
Thank you for being our guest and for leaving such thoughtful and detailed comments on your stay with us recently. I am sorry you had trouble with the small bathroom. It is because of the historic nature of the building, but we do have a number of rooms with larger bathrooms, which you can request, if preferred. We did add the table, large mirror and overhead light in the bathroom foyer to give you extra preparation space that is especially helpful when sharing the bathroom. We do offer complimentary coffee in the rooms and are always happy to deliver additional coffee upon request. I am very happy to hear the team members made a positive impression on you and helped make your stay more enjoyable. I wish we could have earned a five star rating but we appreciate the four star rating and look forward to showing you a five star experience the next time you are with us. Best regards, Gabriele Webster
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is located in a historical building but the design was awesome! The decorating is inspired by the Fox Theater which is directly across the street. If you are attending an event there this is the place to stay. The rooms were very comfortable all be it smaller due to the actual building. Smaller bathrooms but still very nice and comfortable. The beds were amazing..best sleep in a long time in a hotel.The staff and General Manager were always available and very accommodating. Top notch in service!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, then you should get 2 windows, each with a nice view
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Kristin C from Grand Rapids, Michigan -
Thank you for your positive and friendly review of your recent stay with us. We agree if you are here for an event at the Fox Theatre, Hotel Indigo is the place to stay. Our refreshing Fox-inspired design is not your typical bland-brand hotel... it immerses guests in the story of the neighborhood and Fox Theatre. You are so kind to say nice things about our team members. They are the lifeblood of our hotel and the best reason to stay here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best regards, Gabriele Webster
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I often find myself crashing here after a very late night of work due to its proximity to my Midtown Atlanta office. The staff here has always been friendly at both the front desk and at the bar. I'm a huge fan of the lobby bar, which is fully stocked and also offers the opportunity to sit on a patio overlooking Peachtree Street and the Fox Theatre when the weather is nice. (Food at the bar is a little limited, but tasty). The rooms have always been clean and comfortable and, the décor is fresh and upbeat. I will caution that the bathrooms are postage stamp-sized and can be a little claustrophobic, but I guess that's common in an older building. This is also a great location that's steps away from the North Avenue MARTA stop, which makes getting to the airport fairly easy. Generally speaking, I always look forward to staying here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing Peachtree Street. Rooms in the back of the building overlook a parking gar...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mike C from Alpharetta, Georgia -
Thank you! It is great to hear you are an Indigo loyalist. We are happy to have you as our guest and we appreciate you taking time to share your comments with us and TripAdvisor. If there is ever anything we can do for you to make sure you are comfortable and well-cared for, please let us know. Best regards, Gabriele Webster
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Fabulous hotel and staff. They can't do enough for you.

The rooms are small, and so is the bathroom, but if I was going to spend time in the bathroom I'd stay at home.

The Internet service is great, the beds are very comfortable, conveniently located in Midtown Atlanta where you can walk everywhere. Need to move around? MARTA is 2 blocks away, no need to bring a car.

Love this place!

Dear Carlos Xavier M from Atlanta, Georgia -
Thank you! We think you're fabulous, too! We all really appreciate you being our guest for sharing your review online for everyone. What we lack in bathroom space, we work to excel in every other aspect to the guest experience. We can't wait to welcome you back to your Atlanta home. BEst regards, Gabriele Webster

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta? Share your experiences!