“A staff that treats you like family and no better hotel if you want friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Atlanta

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #90 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

First let me introduce you to the staff, At the bar, we have Joe, Akiko, Sade' ,Haley (moved back home and good luck Haley) and Jim (food service manager). at the Front Desk, Eddie, John, Michael, Brad, Joseph (new to the Indigo family), Stanley and Neil, The Sales Staff, Elizabeth, Danny, Paul (sales manager) and Solomon in maintenance all great people. The leader of this great crew is Gabby (General Manager) who is so pleasant. I always stay here when I travel to Atlanta for business. I was here last year for 4 weeks .This time was for 6 weeks, 8/11 - 9/21.This staff is the most friendly and customer oriented hotel staff you may ever meet. The Indigo is a boutique hotel and dog friendly located at across from the Fox Theatre in MidTown Atlanta. They have a perfect front porch to sit at with 8 tables with umbrella's so you can people watch as the FoxTheater piles in or just watch the locals walk by. The rooms are all the same size, not big, not to small but just right to get the proper ZZZ's you need. Most will complain about the size of the bathrooms but you can accomplish what you need to do in there. Listen you can stay at the big hotel's in downtown Atlanta but good luck if you want to feel apart of the hotel. The staff at the Indigo will make you feel at home and can address your needs and I guarantee you will know most of the staff's name by the time you leave. I highly recommend this hotel, to me there is not a better hotel to stay at in Atlanta. Thank You once again Indigo (Eric, IBM)

Room Tip: If you want a view of Stone Mountain get a room on the backside, if you want to see whats happening...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Eric M from Derry, NH -
WOW! Thank you! Eric, you said it all! We definitely try to treat all of guests as if they were family and I am so pleased to read the long list of names of our team members that helped make your month long stay comfortable and homelike. Truly connecting with guests with genuine acts of hospitality and care is our enduring promise to our guests. You were here for a good amount of time and saw our team and operation from many different perspectives. It brings a big smile to my face to know from you how much we all meant to the quality and enjoyment of your Indigo Experience. We all look forward to welcoming you back to your Atlanta home at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. Thank you for your business! Warmest regards, Gabriele Webster

584 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Kenhorst, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

booked the hotel based off the reviews and pictures. unforunately i had something come up that prevented me being able to go. hotel does not give any kind of refund if you take their lower priced rooms. so if you want to pay more to refund but i will not be using this hotel ever.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Travis S from Pennsylvania,
It is unfortunate you could not come to Atlanta and enjoy the hotel as you intended. Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown is a great hotel and I think you would have fully enjoyed your stay with us. I understand plans change. That is why we offer discount rate plans that provide full flexiblity to make, change, and even cancel reservations up to 6pm the day of arrival. We also offer deeply discounted rates for guests who do not need the additional flexibility with their plans and who enjoy the extra savings. When making a reservation for a deeply discounted rate our website displays the terms in a few short sentences three times before the reservation can be completed and confirmed. Guests are required to click a box agreeing to the simple terms, which states, "Canceling your reservation or failing to arrive will result in forfeiture of your (money)". Each message is clear and concise to help ensure guests fully understand the agreement they are entering into so they may take advantage of the additional savings. Additionally, the cancellation policy is also stated clearly on the reservation confirmation page print out as well as in the follow up reservation confirmation email. I am sorry you did not understand the terms. We try to make it very obvious and clear so guests are fully informed and can make the best decision for their specific circumstances. Whenever you need flexibility for your plans, I encourage you to consider the refundable rates. You may pay more, but you will have full fllexibility to change or cancel your plans without risk. I hope you are able to visit Atlanta soon and will stay at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. You will have a wonderful Indigo Experience. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster, General Manager
rochester hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with family and our dog. Very pet friendly. Great location by Fox Theatre and Piedmont Park. Staff very friendly and informative. They helped us find a great place for dinner and they have special events for our canine friends.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello cindy k from Rochester Hills,
Thank you! We really appreciate the five star rating and nice review from your recent Hotel Indigo Experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your four-legged family member back to more neighborhood fun soon. Hopefully you can visit for our Canine Cocktail Howl-o-ween costume contest on Halloween evening. There will be great prizes for all dressed up pets! Thank you for staying with us and thank you again for sharing your thoughts. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Perry, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is my second stay here. 1st on business and although the bathrooms are small; the clean modern look and location makes up for it! The staff was very accommodating and Paul took great care of me! I met some cool people and would t hesitate to book again and or recommend to friends.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello glock478 from Perry, GA:
Thank you for your repeat stay with Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown! It's great to welcome you back here. Thank you for the kind words about your recent experience and for mentioning Paul. We are happy you felt connected to the hotel and our wonderful staff. We look forward to your third visit - soon! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster
Durham NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an old building, a classic building, a stately building, but it's no spring chicken. The rooms are tiny and the only thing new in them is a flat screen tv and a mural on the wall. Otherwise, there's nothing hipster at all about this place.

Yet, Hotel Indigo, a progressive hipster chain, has attempted unsuccessfully to get Grandma to twerk. The building cannot be made modern. It should be rebranded by IHG as a old-time Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express with free breakfast and wifi, and then expectations will match what can be delivered.

With that said, the positives here are:
1. Location, Location, Location. Right across from the Fox theatre, also right next to a MARTA stop. 30 minutes to the airport or less.
2. "Indigo Brad" the world's friendliest desk clerk
3. Free small water bottles in the lobby.
4. A decent, average hotel. Nothing wrong with Grandma.

The negatives are:
1. The hotel pretends that a top floor is an elite perk because it's "super quiet" and for "the view." Turns out all the floors are quiet, and our view was of a massive parking deck. Not so much a perk. Better to give folks with IHG status a breakfast and stop overselling the room.
2. A manager throws a party for IHG folks with status on Wednesdays. She tells us in the lobby how wonderful the bar is with a huge array of choices and gives us a ticket. Once we get there, we're told we can't have anything except one of four draft beers or three wines.
3. All the rooms are very small, as other reviewers have noted. Not a suite to be found. Might be good to combine just a few so you do have something real to offer as an upgrade.

Room Tip: Although the sign says Hotel Indigo, expect a Holiday Inn and you'll be happier!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello GeorgeSmart from Durham,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. I also appreciate you taking time to share your opinion in your review. It is wonderful that our team made a great impression on you. I have already shared your review with the team with special recognition of Brad. He takes great pride in delivering exceptional experiences with the goal of helping create a memorable stay for all of our guests. It is disappointing to hear you did not care for the decor in the bedrooms. Large wall murals are one of the many interesting features found in every Hotel Indigo to help immerse our guests in each hotel's neighborhood theme, ours being 'Visual Music' to tie in with the strong music culture that helps define midtown Atlanta. Many of our design and decor elements were inspired by the Fabulous Fox Theatre (circa 1920's) located across the street from the hotel. I apologize we gave you the wrong impression about our complimentary welcome reception for IHG Rewards members. We offer complimentary local draft beer selections and our featured wines as well as complimentary light hors d'Oeuvres. Our bar does offer an excellent array of quality spirits available for purchase. In regards to the room size, they are all approximately the same size, some offer more space and better views. Because it is a historic building we are not able to combine rooms to make a suite. It would ruin the integrity of an iconic landmark - one of Atlanta's oldest continually operating hotel. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will visit again. I am sure you will have a great Indigo Experience on your next visit. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster, General Manager
Boone, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for a family get together on Saturday night on the Wednesday before and my uncle died the next day. We cancelled the rooms immediately on Thursday morning and I called the manager and the hotel multiple times asking if we could be refunded due to the fact we could not get there and received no call back... It disturbs me that the hotel finds it acceptable to do this to people when they had plenty of time to re book the room and most likely were not booked up on that night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Justin P,
My condolences go out to you and your family. I am sorry to hear about your unlce's passing. I apologize you did not receive a call back regarding your reservations. I am not sure who you left the message with, but your review was the first I and my management staff heard about your uncle's untimely passing. We would have much preferred you be able to change your plans and visit Atlanta another time, especially considering the unfortunate circumstance. Should you plan another trip to Atlanta, please contact me directly and I will help make it right so you and your family can get together for an enjoyable weekend. My best wishes for you and your family. Sincerely, Gabriele Webster, General Manager
Pinehurst, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to Atlanta for a weekend trip. The price wasn't bad, but the hotel was just average and the service was fair. We had a room with the smallest bathroom ever and a view of the parking deck. In addition, the maid knocked on the door at 8:30 AM to clean the room; after a fun night on the town, it was not appreciated.

This hotel's location is directly across from the Fox Theater which is an OK place to be located.

Would I stay here again? Only if it was really inexpensive (less than $150/nt.)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear doatsea from Pinehurst, NC,
I appreciate you taking your time to share your review of the Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. I am glad to hear you feel the value for the hotel was good and that you would be back to stay again, but I very sorry to hear your service experience was less than it should have been. Though our bathrooms are small and the building is historical, our service should never be less than exceptional. We value our guests' experiences and it starts and finishes with excellent service. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We use our guests' feedback for training and to make our team and hotel stronger. I would love for you to come back again and get the true Hotel Indigo Experience you deserve. When you make your next reservation, please let me know and I will make sure we take exceptional care of you. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster, General Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta? Share your experiences!