“Boutique hotel in heart of Atlanta” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #84 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Perry, Georgia
“Boutique hotel in heart of Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is my second stay here. 1st on business and although the bathrooms are small; the clean modern look and location makes up for it! The staff was very accommodating and Paul took great care of me! I met some cool people and would t hesitate to book again and or recommend to friends.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello glock478 from Perry, GA:
Thank you for your repeat stay with Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown! It's great to welcome you back here. Thank you for the kind words about your recent experience and for mentioning Paul. We are happy you felt connected to the hotel and our wonderful staff. We look forward to your third visit - soon! Warm regards, Gabriele Webster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Durham NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an old building, a classic building, a stately building, but it's no spring chicken. The rooms are tiny and the only thing new in them is a flat screen tv and a mural on the wall. Otherwise, there's nothing hipster at all about this place.

Yet, Hotel Indigo, a progressive hipster chain, has attempted unsuccessfully to get Grandma to twerk. The building cannot be made modern. It should be rebranded by IHG as a old-time Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express with free breakfast and wifi, and then expectations will match what can be delivered.

With that said, the positives here are:
1. Location, Location, Location. Right across from the Fox theatre, also right next to a MARTA stop. 30 minutes to the airport or less.
2. "Indigo Brad" the world's friendliest desk clerk
3. Free small water bottles in the lobby.
4. A decent, average hotel. Nothing wrong with Grandma.

The negatives are:
1. The hotel pretends that a top floor is an elite perk because it's "super quiet" and for "the view." Turns out all the floors are quiet, and our view was of a massive parking deck. Not so much a perk. Better to give folks with IHG status a breakfast and stop overselling the room.
2. A manager throws a party for IHG folks with status on Wednesdays. She tells us in the lobby how wonderful the bar is with a huge array of choices and gives us a ticket. Once we get there, we're told we can't have anything except one of four draft beers or three wines.
3. All the rooms are very small, as other reviewers have noted. Not a suite to be found. Might be good to combine just a few so you do have something real to offer as an upgrade.

Room Tip: Although the sign says Hotel Indigo, expect a Holiday Inn and you'll be happier!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello GeorgeSmart from Durham,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. I also appreciate you taking time to share your opinion in your review. It is wonderful that our team made a great impression on you. I have already shared your review with the team with special recognition of Brad. He takes great pride in delivering exceptional experiences with the goal of helping create a memorable stay for all of our guests. It is disappointing to hear you did not care for the decor in the bedrooms. Large wall murals are one of the many interesting features found in every Hotel Indigo to help immerse our guests in each hotel's neighborhood theme, ours being 'Visual Music' to tie in with the strong music culture that helps define midtown Atlanta. Many of our design and decor elements were inspired by the Fabulous Fox Theatre (circa 1920's) located across the street from the hotel. I apologize we gave you the wrong impression about our complimentary welcome reception for IHG Rewards members. We offer complimentary local draft beer selections and our featured wines as well as complimentary light hors d'Oeuvres. Our bar does offer an excellent array of quality spirits available for purchase. In regards to the room size, they are all approximately the same size, some offer more space and better views. Because it is a historic building we are not able to combine rooms to make a suite. It would ruin the integrity of an iconic landmark - one of Atlanta's oldest continually operating hotel. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will visit again. I am sure you will have a great Indigo Experience on your next visit. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster, General Manager
Boone, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked 2 rooms for a family get together on Saturday night on the Wednesday before and my uncle died the next day. We cancelled the rooms immediately on Thursday morning and I called the manager and the hotel multiple times asking if we could be refunded due to the fact we could not get there and received no call back... It disturbs me that the hotel finds it acceptable to do this to people when they had plenty of time to re book the room and most likely were not booked up on that night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Justin P,
My condolences go out to you and your family. I am sorry to hear about your unlce's passing. I apologize you did not receive a call back regarding your reservations. I am not sure who you left the message with, but your review was the first I and my management staff heard about your uncle's untimely passing. We would have much preferred you be able to change your plans and visit Atlanta another time, especially considering the unfortunate circumstance. Should you plan another trip to Atlanta, please contact me directly and I will help make it right so you and your family can get together for an enjoyable weekend. My best wishes for you and your family. Sincerely, Gabriele Webster, General Manager
Pinehurst, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to Atlanta for a weekend trip. The price wasn't bad, but the hotel was just average and the service was fair. We had a room with the smallest bathroom ever and a view of the parking deck. In addition, the maid knocked on the door at 8:30 AM to clean the room; after a fun night on the town, it was not appreciated.

This hotel's location is directly across from the Fox Theater which is an OK place to be located.

Would I stay here again? Only if it was really inexpensive (less than $150/nt.)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear doatsea from Pinehurst, NC,
I appreciate you taking your time to share your review of the Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. I am glad to hear you feel the value for the hotel was good and that you would be back to stay again, but I very sorry to hear your service experience was less than it should have been. Though our bathrooms are small and the building is historical, our service should never be less than exceptional. We value our guests' experiences and it starts and finishes with excellent service. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We use our guests' feedback for training and to make our team and hotel stronger. I would love for you to come back again and get the true Hotel Indigo Experience you deserve. When you make your next reservation, please let me know and I will make sure we take exceptional care of you. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster, General Manager
Gig Harbor, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am not a complaining type, and as an elite member of IHG Reward Club, I have always preferred to stay at IHG properties due to my loyalty, as well as consistency in quality and value. Unfortunately, Hotel Indigo Atlanta failed to meet my minimal expectation, which was truly disappointing.
On a recent trip with my wife to Atlanta, I convinced her to stay at this hotel despite our original reservation at Omni Hotel in CNN Center. The location looked great, i.e. Midtown Atlanta, right across the street from Fox Theater, lots of nice restaurants within easy walking distance. The concept of “boutique” hotel also fascinated me. Sadly, the only thing that is going for this hotel is its location. If being “boutique” is to be just like what this hotel is all about, then I will certainly avoid all boutique hotels in the future. While the ground floor looked quite sheek, that was nothing like the rest of the hotel. The hallway looked like old college dorm. The rooms were tiny; and with laminate fake-wood flooring and strange-looking mural on the wall as decor, the room actually looked cheap.
I have to admit, the staff members at this hotel were quite friendly, truly embodied the “Southern charm”. However, this was the first time that I was not recognized for being a Platinum Elite member during check-in to an IHG property. Then the next shock was when I entered the room… It was unusually TINY! I am not exaggerating, but the king-size bed took up over 70% of all usable space in this room; with 2 suitcases, my wife and I literally had to vie for space to lay out our luggage. Despite specifically requesting upper level floors, we were assigned to a room on the 4th floor, which offered a spectacular view of the parking garage right outside. The bathroom was even more pathetic. As a normal-statured slim-built person, I inevitably knocked my head on the sink multiple times trying to get up from the toilet, which was absolutely ridiculous; the only other time I have seen hotel bathrooms of such miniscule size was in downtown Tokyo.
To add insult to injury, the coffee maker in the room was broken, resulting in a flood on the desk. Also, with pre-paid hotel parking, my parking key had to be re-programmed by the staff everyday just so I can successfully access the parking garage.
Lastly, I was not amused with the price I paid. I pre-paid for my reservation almost 3 weeks ahead (which was the only reservation option available at the time), and it was not cheap by any means (on par with Omni Hotel), but completely not worthy of the room size and amenity offered by this hotel. But to add insult to injury, I happened to check the IHG App on my iPhone after my arrival, and realized that the same room could be gotten for at least $30.00 per night cheaper for the same nights that I was there. Totally not cool!
If boutique hotel mean tiny rooms and minimal amenity stashed inside a so-called "historical building" that comes at a highly-inflated price tag, then no more boutique hotels for me. And, unless being across the street from Fox Theater is your ONE AND ONLY consideration, then I highly advice to to seek better values and higher quality accomodation elsewhere, which are abound in the Atlanta metropolitan area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello TWYang from Bal Harbour, WA. Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read your review and am very sorry to hear the hotel did not resonate with you. We care deeply that all of our guests, especially our loyal rewards club guests, have an excellent experience. I assure you, your experience is not the norm for our hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering on the promise of taking exceptional care of our guests and helping them have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Again, I am truly sorry that did not happen for you. If you would consider staying with us again, I would like to help make it right for you. Please contact me directly to assist in showing you how great boutique hotels and Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown is. We value your business and thank you for your feedback. I hope to hear from you so we can make it right. Best regards, Gabriele Webster, General Manager
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Indigo. We walked to Shout restaurant at Colony Square (see my review of Shout) and went to see Harmony at the Alliance Theater then walked back to Hotel Indigo. So convenient. We had a glass of wine in the bar before heading out to dinner. The bar staff was so friendly and nice! The hotel has been updated beautifully since the building that houses it dates to 1926. Room was great and bathroom was what we expected, knowing the building's age. We will be staying here again when we go back to see a show at the Fox. It was not a problem for me because I am in good shape but nobody appeared to help with luggage. If you stay here and need help do not be shy about going inside and requesting it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John K from Columbus,
THANK YOU! I really appreciate you sharing your experience and opinion about Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. Our entire team works hard to create memories through exceptional service and our neighborhood design. I look forward to welcoming you back when you come for a show at the Fabulous Fox Theatre across the street. Warm regards, Gabriele Webster, General Manager
Estelline, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I would never stay or recommend anyone to stay at this Hotel! The service was poor, the issues we had were never resolved and the desk supervisor passes the issues on to other departments and needs to learn what the meaning of "customer service" is. Instead of addressing our issues, he tells us that the director needs to give us a call. Who calls us, leaves a message and when we call back 2 different times, that person never returns the call back!

The only good thing that was done for us was waive our early cancellation fee so we could switch to the Georgian Hotel which is right next store to this hotel.

Do yourself a favor and pay the difference for a hotel that cares about their customers staying with them and knows what customer service is!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello SdDakota,
Thank you for taking your time to share your concerns with the hotel. I am very sorry you did not experience the stellar service for which we are well-known. You should have been welcomed and treated with the highest level of service, especially since you were not happy and wanted to check out. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and wonderful experiences for all of our guests and we did not hit the target with you for this stay. Our managers are empowered to make decisions to help our guests and at times a question may arise that might warrant consulting another manager but always in the spirit of improving the situation for the guest. I am sorry we did not meet up to your or our own standards and I want to do something to make it up to you. If you would consider trying us again, please contact me directly and I will make sure your experience is what it is supposed to be as well as some meaningful added extras for you. Again, I apologize about you last stay and I hope you will take me up on letting us make it right for you. Best regards, Gabriele Webster, General Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta? Share your experiences!