“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Venice, Florida
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very clean, staff was friendly and accommodating. Lobby was relaxing Art Deco, went down for coffee every morning and read. Restaurant has delicious food for breakfast and dinner! We were a family of 3, one being 6ft. 7'. We joked about the bathroom and made due because the review for this motel were so good. I stay again, we'll worth it.

Room Tip: 8th floor was quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our “Visual Music" theme told through the hotel's design, inspired by the nearby historic Fox Theatre. Our Midtown location is conveniently located to many great Atlanta locations and I hope you had the chance to fully enjoy our neighborhood. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay and our restaurant. We look forward to your next neighborhood visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Upon checking into the hotel I thought it was very nice. It was my first time at a Indigo so I was pretty excited to stay there. I thought the room and all the decorations were quite nice. I stayed on December 31st and checked out of Room 706 on January 1st, 2013. I had been rushed to pack my bags from the room and accidentally left my watch in the room. I know I had left it because I still remember seeing the watch on top of the nightstand by the bed and thinking to myself I will pack it last.. consequently I never did pack it. When I called the hotel about my watch the day I had checked out they had advised me to call back the next day since "nothing was logged" or found in that room. I called back the next day and the staff told me they had not found it yet, but were going to call me back. They never did call me back. I am very upset that this staff resorted this type of behavior and I am also upset because now I am out of a (very nice, expensive) watch. I will never recommend this property to any of my friends or family as I am concerned about the security of the hotel here. i will stay at another location on my next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are so happy to hear you positive comments about the style and design of the hotel. It truly is a special décor telling the musical story of our midtown neighborhood. It is with great happiness that I can report that your watch was indeed located and reunited with it. Hopefully recovering your watch helps with a more pleasant overall experience for your trip to Atlanta. We welcome you to come back and visit again. Contact me prior to your next visit and I will be happy to help ensure a fabulous Indigo Experience for you.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This Indigo is in a great location but even in a downtown hotel I was astounded by how small the room was. This was our third stay in an Indigo property and My wife and I dont need much out of a room but the bathroom was unbelievably small. As a slim person I could barely turn around in the restroom. There was zero vanity space. At night, we were awoken all night long by what we thought we someone in a linen closet next door. In the morning, we found out it was the electrical room for the elevator. We are both easy sleepers but this was enough to wake us about 5 times during the night. If you are booked in room 710... ask to be moved. The clerk in the morning heard our issues and removed the parking fee. This was appreciated but we were already discussing how $25 for parking was on the high end and there was no valet. So we would have paid $25 for the ability to self park and move our own luggage. We always carry our own luggage but for people with kids or extra luggage this is a pain

Room Tip: Room 710 will keep you up all night even if you are a sound sleeper
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I do apologize for the noise disturbance while you were trying to sleep. There are some limitations of the building due to the historical nature of the hotel. Indeed the bathrooms are smaller. To help with practicality we made the showers spacious and added a mirror and large table just outside the bathroom to give extra room for personal items and space to get ready for the day. It’s always our goal to provide the BEST service and do all we can to ensure a great guest experience.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The decorating is fun and fresh. Rooms are small, but comfortable. Beds are comfortable and it was very quiet. The workout room is basic, but the equipment all worked fine and it was never crowded. Small conference room that seats about 15 comfortably, was great for our meeting. Bar on main level seemed nice, and laid back, though I didn't have a chance to visit it.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you! We agree, we are a cool hotel! It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope your meeting was a success. We are the ideal location for small, private meetings that want to get the personalized service and attention not found at larger hotels. Hopefully you found the charm of the neighborhood an added bonus. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great location but rooms are too small to be practical. As a platinum I expected better. Also cut my head getting up from desk and turning into corner of granite top bureau that tv is on. Bathroom is minuscule. Oh and did I mention the 25 dollar self parking fee?

• Stayed December 2012
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place offers the professional hospitality you'd expect at a high-end hotel, but in a setting that's like no other, as described in other reviews here. Young, vibrant crowd at the Hotel Indigo only adds to the enjoyment. Rooms are indeed compact, but that just adds a cozy feel.

Another big plus: Incredibly dog friendly facility with staff that seems to enjoy having 4-legged guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hello Hotel Indigo Atlanta fan! We appreciate all the great comments you shared about your experience with the hotel. We strive to ensure each guest has a wonderful and meaningful experience and is treated as a guest in our home. It helps foster the cozy and warm personality of our boutique hotel. We can't wait to welcome you back... soon!
Westwood, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

as well as a lack of that nice southern hospitality that us frequent travelers are accustomed... the weird front desk setup made it a little unclear upon check-in to whom I should talk to... once in the beds were awesome, room clean... breakfast was a bit confused and service, in general, was overwhelmed (and there were only 4 of us there)... not sure if it was a people thing or a service thing... anyway, get to breakfast before the crowd... before 700am... decent location, but dont wander too far toward downtown late!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the feedback from your stay with us. At Hotel Indigo, we strive to provide a comfortable, casual environment that provides memorable and exceptional experiences and are sorry we didn’t deliver on all of those promises to you. It is not our norm. We’re glad you enjoyed the amazing beds and hope we can have another chance to dazzle you with our Southern hospitality and friendly service.

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta? Share your experiences!