“A great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #101 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
“A great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Indigo for our anniversary and were very pleased. The staff is very courteous and helpful and tge facility was beautiful. The atmosphere was relaxed and checking in was low stress. We were well taken care of. A great place for couples to get away.

• Stayed December 2012
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experiences. We're pleased that you thought of Hotel Indigo as the ideal place to celebrate your anniversary. As well I am pleased to know that our Award-winning staff helped make it a great anniversary experience. Our friendly and helpful staff is one of the best assets of the hotel. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next Hotel Indigo visit.

545 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Although I was so exhausted that my sleep quality was not compromised, I was most disappointed by the cleanliness of my room. From marked up walls to a seemingly un-laundered bedspread and spottily-cleaned bathroom with not much space to tiptoe around questionable areas, I was pretty grossed out.

The noise level was high in the lobby, as there was some sort of function. Room service was unavailable due to the function, so I had to venture out into Atlanta at night alone to feed myself. And the noise unfortunately continued in the morning.

The receptionists were nice and the location was as central as you can get in the dispersed city that is Atlanta. I will not, however, stay here again.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first for cleanliness.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear ktimene,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the room service may have caused you. I am also sorry for the noise that affected your stay negatively. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

During my stay at the hotel indigo in college the staff was somewhat friendly i did meet an excellent cook he was very friendly and concerned about our stay if you ever visit. The indigo ask for chef Greg he will cook great meals for you and make your you feel very important thank you hotel indigo for great hospitality

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It’s always great to hear that a team member made your stay more enjoyable and memorable. Our staff loves to hear how they made a difference in our guests’ experiences. I will be sure to share your review the Team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels lead you back to Atlanta!
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed this hotel with my dog because pets can stay free. The receptionist pocketed $50.00 charged on my credit card as a pet fee. I e-mailed the hotel manager for refund. The manager told that refund would be made after investigation. I have not heard from the manager nor recieved refund. The hotel does not mind keeping dishonest and money hungry employees.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear nicky0022,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Cedar Hill, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in the Hotel Indigo for four days while in town for a Convention at the Georgia World Congress Center. I arrived early, attempted to check in, but the room wasn't ready yet which I understood but the Front Desk agent Stanley was so courteous and professional that I didn't mind wandering around the area to get my bearings until I could get into the room, he even recommended a place for breakfast that was inexpensive. Let me start with the bad, the only downside of my stay was the tiny bathroom (which everyone has previously mentioned) but after taking care of my personal needs, showering & brushing my teeth how much time do you really need to spend in there anyway????. I usually dress and do my hair in the actual living part of the room anyway........ so the bad part of the review is out of the way. Now, for the good, the hotel is in a great location and centrally located in downtown Atlanta, the MARTA (the subway system which was my only mode of transportation) was a block away and thanks to the Breeze card I purchased before leaving the airport, transportation was the least of my worries. If you take the MARTA from the aiport, the hotel is at the North Ave stop you only have to walk one block after you get off the subway, I couldn't resist the MARTA option, paying $35.00 to $40.00 dollars for a cab seemed ridiculous.The lobby area was decorated in a boutique fashion, the rooms are decorated nicely as well, I had a great view of the city and felt safe as a woman traveling solo. I spent time in the bar and also had room service, the food was awesome and the service I received from the staff was great!!!. My checkout was easy, again Stanley was there the morning I left, he took my bags outside for me which proves that this staff is willing to go above and beyond even at the end of the stay to make sure the hotel guest is pleased. I will definately stay at the Hotel Indigo again when I return to the Atlanta area and will seek out these properties in other areas of country for future travel plans.

Room Tip: Choose a city view room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a full schedule while in Atlanta and that our centralized location and quick access to the MARTA train served you well. Aside from our great location, we are pleased that you found our staff and amenities to be top-notch. The bathrooms are indeed small – a product of being in a historical building that was built in the 1920’s when everything was a bit smaller. Even with the constraint of a smaller bathroom, we worked with the original design and were able to offer a spacious shower with great water-pressure to get your day started properly. Thank you for recognizing Stanley and his efforts to provide exceptional service – he is a wonderful member of our team and a great example of the level of service we strive to provide all guests. We are very pleased to hear that you loved the Indigo brand and will be returning to be our guest again!
GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our room at the Hotel Indigo was serviceable, considering we just needed the room for one night. I have no complaints with the size, although it would be small if you were planning a lengthy stay.

The bathroom, however, was a different story. It was the size of a closet. We had to enter the room sideways in order to get between the toilet and the sink to get to the shower. When using the toilet you could easily rest your head on the sink (for those too hungover to hold it up I guess.) The shower handle had to be held in hand to be used, as the water was all leaking out the bottom of the handle where the hose enters.

Our complaint with the bed may sound odd. We had no quibble with the fact that it was a firm mattress. I personally am not a fan of those, but I know others are so I do not review them. However, the bed linen choice by the hotel strikes me as strange. The blankets used on the bed have the feel and texture of those heavy duty moving mats you find at U-Haul places. They were very heavy to use and did not tuck around you as you sleep. It made for a very uncomfortable night.

Dining service and bar service at the hotel were good. Servers were friendly and helpful with suggestions about places to eat outside the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Terriette,

Thank you for your review of our property. It is most pleasing to know that you found our dining service to be good enough during your visit. I am sorry that we were not able to completely meet your expectations especially with the condition of the bed accommodations and state of the bathroom facility. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance in the future to show you what we have done.

Pam G.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Visited Atlanta for a week for business and stayed here. Friendly staff with chic and modern interiors. Space in the rooms were a little on the smaller side, especially the bathrooms. Overall a great stay for a reasonable price!

• Stayed October 2012
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our “Visual Music" theme told through the hotel's design, inspired by the nearby historic Fox Theatre. Our Midtown location is conveniently located near many great Atlanta attractions. If you didn’t have the chance to fully enjoy our neighborhood on this trip, we welcome you back for another visit to do just that. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay.

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta? Share your experiences!