“Nice hotel location but tiny rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #79 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Peoria, Illinois
“Nice hotel location but tiny rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed in the Hotel Indigo while in town for a friend's wedding. From the start I had issues getting into the wedding block in order to get our special rate. This was frustrating and not the level of service I'd expect for a hotel of this reputation. The hotel is in a great location, and centrally located for downtown Atlanta. The bathrooms, as reviewed below are absurdly small, with no storage space. It honestly was the smallest hotel bathroom I've ever come across, even smaller than some of the European hotels I have stayed in. The rooms themselves are decorated nicely, and I had a great view of downtown Atlanta. The hotel rate I finally ended up getting was good, and I would recommend this hotel if you can overlook the bathroom situation.

Room Tip: Don't stay by the elevator if you can help it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
WebsterG, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to hear that you found our rooms crisp and comfortable and that you enjoyed the gorgeous view of the city skyline. Though historical buildings are a special and beautiful treasure from a time past, they can also provide challenges such as design and square footage for bathrooms. In the 1920’s (when the hotel was first built), bathrooms were indeed smaller than present day. To help keep the historical integrity of the building and still address current day preferences and the need for more space, we installed the large mirror and tabletop adjacent to the bathroom to provide a great vanity area to spread out everything and help get a gorgeous start to the day. Thank you again for staying at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Recently stayed here for a few nights with my mom. Super cute with absolutely everything you need in a room - except a frig and microwave! Great location - close to the Marta station and close enough to plenty of good restaurants and pubs/bars. Lots of reviews say the bathroom is too small, but really, one person at a time can function perfectly in this bathroom and the shower is great. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The front desk staff gave us a coupon to the nearby Gordon and Biersch which allows for a complimentary appetizer or desert and we had a really good dinner there. The hotel also gave us a card that discounts their bar and restaurant food as well. We didn't eat at the restaurant - but the bar was lively for Monday night football. Great location - close to the Marta station and close enough to plenty of good restaurants and pubs/bars. I don't have any negatives really (as I listen to loud sirens on the street - it's Atlanta, come on!). Great price, great location, great staff. Will definitely return if ever in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WebsterG, Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review about Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown. I am pleased to know that you and your mother enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you were able to enjoy our wonderful neighborhood, and all that it has to offer. Please note that during your next stay we can have a refrigerator and microwave delivered to your room. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next neighborhood visit here at Hotel Indigo.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here for our last two nights in Atlanta. It is in a great location in mid town and there is a lively, hip and gay vibe in the area. The hotel bar is stunning and the rooms are spotless, although lacking the top quality (having laminate flooring and very thin walls!) of other Indigo hotels we have stayed in. There is a great terrace out front where you can people watch, and you may even see a celebrity or a gorgeous other half around (mentioning no names, ahem, Crystal!) The reception staff were lovely, especially Stanley, who let us check in early and was most helpful. Room service staff were also nice. One stroppy bar man let the side down - he tried to pass off an amaretto drink as a hazlenut martini and did not like being told that it was not what was asked for. The second effort of a proper hazlenut martini was delicious though - we all learn from our mistakes! We ordered breakfast twice and the food was reasonable. We had a corner room with a fabulous Fox view. We could hear other couples getting intimate, and the bathroom being used upstairs so insulation not the best! The bathroom is a joke - I do not know how they get away with this in the states of all places. I read the reviews and they were all spot on - it is the smallest bathroom I have ever been in - like being in a caravan! What were they thinking? The thing is, the shower is a double size so they should utilise the space and make the bathrooms a bit bigger and reduce the shower size. Really silly when one can't even put cosmetics and toiletries on a shelf due to lack of room. Despite this I did enjoy the hotel - the price is cheap for the location but the above probably explains why. Probably best for single / business travellers only.

Room Tip: Ask if there are bigger ones with reasonabe sized bathrooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your Indigo experience. I do apologize for the bar mishap, and will share your thoughts with our team. Due to the historical aspect of the building, the bathroom is small but our SERVICE is large! To help with practicality we made the showers spacious and added a mirror and large table just outside the bathroom to allow room to spread out personal items. It’s always our goal to provide the BEST service possible here at Hotel Indigo Midtown Atlanta. Again, thank you and please return to our neighborhood during your next Atlanta visit.
Staten Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel was conveniently located to the highway and to other things I wanted to see. It was uniquely decorated with a bright upbeat mural behind the bed. The whole place had a vibrant and cool vibe. The staff was very helpful. As other reviewers have said, the bathroom is small, and slightly strange as you had to walk up a step to it. Restaurants were close by, and the staff was helpful about recommendations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our “Visual Music" theme told through the hotel's design, inspired by the nearby historic Fox Theatre. Our Midtown location is conveniently located to many great Atlanta locations and I hope you had the chance to fully enjoy our neighborhood. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay, and we look forward to your next neighborhood visit here at Hotel Indigo Midtown Atlanta.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great location, very nice and helpful staff. Clean. TINY. I mean really small rooms, and when people say it has a small bathroom, they mean SMALL. I would have liked it better if it was just me on business, but I don't recommend it for sharing. I also expect more amenities- like free coffee in the lobby (it has a swipe for your credit card) at a boutique hotel. No fuss wi-fi, but that is it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you choosing Hotel Indigo Atlanta Midtown during your recent stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. We do offer complimentary coffee in the guest rooms as well as a fantastic self-service Concordia Coffee barista offering coffee, lattes, espresso, hot chocolate, and more. Many guests have commented it is better than the fancy, expensive coffee cafes. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Indigo for your next Atlanta visit.
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I love this hotel so much that I'm writing my review before I even leave the place! It's a unique place in Midtown across from the Fox. Well priced, great staff, excellent service, yummy breakfast. The room is great - decent size, comfy bed, well lit and plenty of outlets; only downside is the bathroom is kind of small. There's a shuttle service (the driver is super friendly) and it's pet friendly! I usually stay at the Hampton Inn near Coca-Cola when I'm in town on business....but moving forward, this is definitely my new hotel of choice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are honored that you have chosen to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our prime Midtown location is ideal for visiting local businesses and being directly across the street from the Fox makes us an excellent choice for theatre goers. As well I am pleased to know that our Award-Winning staff made a great impression during your stay. Our friendly and helpful staff is truly the best thing about the hotel. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next Hotel Indigo visit.
ft collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

my daughter and 8 month old grand daughter loved our stay at the indigo. i've never experienced such hospitality in a hotel before. we were greeted by our names whenever we walked in and the wonderful michael in the bar made a special trip to get soy milk for my morning latte. can't wait to get back to atlanta and the indigo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are very pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay here at Hotel Indigo Midtown Atlanta. Also I am delighted to hear that the Indigo Team made your stay even more pleasant. I will be sure to share your review the Team. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel when your travels lead you back to Atlanta!