“Hated the Hoel, Dirty and Dangerous” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn Atlanta

Save Saved
You added Travel Inn Atlanta to your Saves list
Travel Inn Atlanta
2788 Forest Hills Drive, Atlanta, GA 30315 (Formerly Travelodge Atlanta Airport) (Buckhead)   |
Ranked #178 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte
“Hated the Hoel, Dirty and Dangerous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

The hotel is situated in a dangerous kind of neighborhood and is not safe for Travelers.
The rooms were dirty and the bathroom was totally unclean with stains and paints and the tub was slippery. We managed to stay the night not without the fear of someone knocking on the door.

The breakfast had only muffins and some cereal. Beware of this place. It's not worth the money. I will never recommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

It was suppose to be a non smoking king size bed accommodation.
We entered a room that had been smoked in, and the floor was worn and dirty. The doors to the television cabinet were broken off and there were cigarette burns near the switch on the bathroom wall. And the clincher was finding bugs climbing the wall, running across the bed, and in the bath tub.
We did not stay.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The filty, smokey, bug infested room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
maza
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

I wish I had seen these reviews before checking in...

I was looking for a place near city and airport. I had my reservation for a two bedded room. But the front desk ( shift manager was Mr. Patel and he took long time to find my reservation !) gave me a single bedded room and I had to show him my reservation to get another.

The bath room was not clean, walls with stains and paints. Carpet was dirty and damp. so as the chair.

The breakfast was just a few muffins and a banana ! with juice and coffee. The bear bites !

But the worst thing happened to us was around mid night. Some one started banging the doors and we had to call the security to get rid of the person. Later at 3 AM, telephone rings with abuses.

That was it. Our worst day out.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

We booked this hotel because it was close to downtown and hoping that it was next to the airport the accomodation would have been good. WRONG!! The most horrible hotel chain I have ever seen before. There were drug addicts and prostitutes living in the hotel, who by the way they were talking to the staff sounded as if this place was a month to month scandalous crap hole. Being how late it was we checked in and just didn't care. As we were entering out room I was already being hustled. We took a glance and looked around the room especially at the bed, which has filthy and after five minutes we had enough. I went back to advised them that we weren't going to stay because of the overall conditon. He stated that I was there for a while as if I had just got done getting my fix on or something. Apparently he only understood ebonics which finally got me in the clear and we left quick.

Stayed May 2008
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

Several of us showed up to the hotel. First of all our rooms were not all available. We were suppose to have 5 but there were only 4. Also they were suppose to have king beds but they did not have the available. Now you want to talk about customer service-the worst ever! They did not care that they made mistakes with the rooms & said that it was our fault. The carpets were damp in the rooms. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. Did I mention that they also charged us twice on our credit cards for the rooms. Oh yeah & there idea of a security guard was a gentleman not in uniform with more chain necklaces then Mr. T!

Stayed August 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

This "hotel" is a shocker - we booked a pet friendly hotel room to find:
- bathroom door with hole kicked through
- peeling paint in shower/most convicts would probably be squeamish taking a shower
- gray mattresses, hidden by unwashed sheets,
- thick layer of white powder (presumably insecticide) on the carpet.
- reception with "bullet proof style glass screen"

The hotel is in a rough neighborhood, and is more like a doss house for the down and out.
Avoid this place at all costs!! We left and got a room at the Amerisuites for double the cost, but about 10x the quality. Really, this place is not worth it!!

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

thank you for your review. my family always stayed at this hotel. i cannot believe that this family had such a horrible experience. we will never stay at this hotel again. you just lost a valued customer.

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Travel Inn Atlanta? Share your experiences!