“Terrible.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Inn Atlanta

You added Travel Inn Atlanta to your Saves list
Travel Inn Atlanta
2788 Forest Hills Drive, Atlanta, GA 30315 (Formerly Travelodge Atlanta Airport)   |
Ranked #176 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
“Terrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night and regret spending the 50.00 There was a crazy guy outside our room holding himself and asking for rides. The room was nasty. The carpet was dirty. The tv didn't work properly. The room smelled like straight weed. It wasn't even the room I reserved. I recommend never staying here.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

booked inn for a week went to room roaches crawling on the wall, bed on the dresser. Called management to informed them of the problem. Was ask if, I like to see another room. I didn't really after seeing that. If bugs were in the room assigned to us mostly likely roaches would be in the rest of the rooms. True enough to the fact, roaches were in that room as well. Showed another room and mole was on the ceiling in the bathroom. We ask for a refund even though they had no refund policy. It was granted.

Room Tip: ask to see room before booking
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely agree with previous comments: very dirty and non-friendly location, one of the worst ever seen by me. Additionally they took my money twice: first time in 2 Weeks after booking, then second time during check-in. For all my questions receptionist answered that first time I paid booking.com commission but it is not true. Now it's under investigation by booking.com customer service. Strongly not recommended to stray here to not break impression from visit to wonderful Atlanta.

• Stayed March 2013
Fayetteville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

One of the members of our family was in the South Fulton Hospital, which is not far away from this hotel. Since we lived 20 miles south of Atlanta we wanted to be close to the hospital, and I wanted some place cheap so the only hotel nearby that was very cheap was this Travelodge. Never reading the reviews on this place we hought it couldn't be very bad. Big Mistake! When we pulled into the parking lot we realized what we had gotten ourselves into. The hotel is in a very very bad neighborhood. The man at the front desk was one of the rudess people I've ever met in my life. Talking to me as a guest in a mean voice. Things got worse when we got into our room The room smelled so bad, thankfully we had fabuloso. The carpet was filthy, and there was stains on the furniture. The Tv was so old we couldn't watch anything because of the screen. We decided to try to find a different hotel. We called every hotel near the airport including the Best Western right down an exit from here, they were either full, overpriced, or didn't have what we needed. We then decided to stay there for the night, this was also another bad decision. With all the prostitutes outside hanging around the hotel, we decided to put the table, chairs, and even the drowers right at the hotel to block anyone trying to come get inside our room. We then settled into bed. Thankfully the beds and inside sheets were clean. That night we hardly could get any sleep, because of the noise coming from Interstate 75 which sits next to this place, and also with all the people taking, partying, and running down the walkway. Several times that night they knocked on our door loud as thunder. It scared us so badly that we just wanted it to be daylight so quick that we could get out of this place. At once the police had to come to this place for something on the 1st floor, it made even more scared, and made us realized never to stay at a hotel this close to Atlanta. Finally sunrise came. We hurried out of bed and got dressed. We skip the showers because the bathroom was covered in mold. W skip their breakfast had went down an exit to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast. We ended up staying at our home he next night. It also told me to not waste money to stay close to an hotel when you can just get a better night sleep at your own home with no cost. Thankfully I just only paid $41.00 for this place. So I didn't waste a ton of money on this place, but it was still scary. When we told the nurse about the night, she just told me that she nevers steps in that area ,because the area is so bad. Although she did say we were lucky to leave that place Alive. I have definitely learned that you never stay at a motel this close to downtown Atlanta. The closest you should stay at a motel near Atlanta is Newnan, Douglasville, Kennesaw, Suwannee, Conyers, Fayetteville, and McDonough. I would never recommend anyone stay here, and we will never stay here ever again. I'M THAT WE ARE STILL ALIVE.

Room Tip: No Matter What, Look For Another Hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had to check in thru the bulletproof window in the vending and ice machine room late at night. Plus their computers were down to do the paperwork right then. For some reason, I didn't think it was that clean and could hear the airplanes landing all night. I left Atlanta to go to Fort Benning and needed a place again for an early flight upon return a few days later. Management did response with a future discount after my survey response wasn't that great. The second try was better then but the computers were still not working for check in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
BrieredelaPlante
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stay away. Forget about the lack of cleanliness about this property. The staff (1) and manager are wastoids and rude. I have travelled for over 50 years and this is the worst by far, including a place where I got bedbugs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

I can't claim that this review is for a recent stay, but it's one I will never forget. I got stranded in ATL and needed a place and made the mistake of picking this horrible place. I was so tired and fell asleep immediately after putting my bags down. After a bit the phone rang and someone asked if I wanted anything to drink. Being groggy, young and inexperienced in the ways of the world, I thought traveloge must have room service. After she listed several alcoholic drinks, I asked for an orange soda.

After I hung up, I started to think and realized something was wrong. I didn't think this hotel had room service and even if it did, room service doesn't call you! After a few minutes there was a knock at the door and looking through the peephole I saw a large prostitute with sores on her face.

Needless to say, I never came out of my room until it was time to catch my flight home. That place was scary, dirty and, well.... awful.

• Stayed February 2011

Been to Travel Inn Atlanta? Share your experiences!