“Only one redeeming quality.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #148 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Valdosta, Georgia
“Only one redeeming quality.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am sorry, but the only thing good that I can say about this hotel is that everyone of the staff that we dealt with were exceptionally nice. Everyone had a smile on their faces and were so friendly. They were a pleasure to do business with. But....

Unless this is the only hotel that you can find a room at, don't go there. It needs some major renewing. The carpets in the hallway on the 3rd floor had several bear spots and several "patches". Besides being fairly dirty. All the carpets need replacing. Our room air conditioner was falling away from the wall. The wall around the a/c was in bad shape. It looked like it had gotten wet at one time and all they did to fix it was just to paint over it. The carpet was in bad need of a shampooing. The shower curtain rod was falling off the wall. The shower curtain would only cover the middle portion of the rod as the rod was leaning so far down that the curtain wouldn't stay in place, just kept falling to the middle.

I had been sick all day during our drive to Atlanta and if I had felt even the least bit better, we would have checked out and looked for a better place.

The breakfast... humm... what can I say. Well, I can say that we got in the car and bought breakfast somewhere else.

We normally stay at the Comfort Suites on Peachtree/Dunwoody when we go up for these meetings, but they were all booked. If we run into this problem again, will not choose this hotel no matter what.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sugar Hill
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Upon arrival I was informed that I would have an upgrade to a King Size bed. I told the desk clerk that we did not want a king size bed, that was why I reserved a queen. He then informed me that it was impossible for us to have a queen room because a "group" reserved a group of rooms and they wanted queens. I suggested he give one of them an"update" he said no with an attitude. When we arrived in our room and spoke to the housekeeper we discovered all the Queen rooms were on the side away from the four lane highway. All the kings were right on the highway and all the noise. So our "upgrade " was really a "downgrade" Our four day stay turned into a one night stay and our car windows were smashed during the night and the camera on my car was not working.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Construction on Roswell Road (end of October) makes access somewhat difficult. Hotel is a bit dated but it is clean. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful, bed was comfortable, bathroom clean. We thought our room key had not been programmed, turned out a staff member comes up and shows you how to wiggle the card to make it work. Nice small pool area with patio furniture. Parking lot is not large enough for number of rooms... you can park "down the hill" where it is dark or spill over into the restaurant lot next door. Inexpensive rate in Atlanta area if you're on a budget and looking for a bed for the night. The actual rating should be between average and poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the far side from the beltway. Trucks and heavy traffic all night long woke me up...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The toilet overflowed before I even used it. When I called the front desk she said she could give me a plunger to fix it. I said "I have t fix it myself??" She said she'd come do and hung up on me. She did come and fix it. I was locked out of my room twice because the card stopped working. The room smelled like disinfectant, one of the people I was with had to change rooms due to mold smell. It looked like it was falling apart, patched holes everywhere. Stained carpet in the halls. It was in a pretty good location though. You could walk to a lot of stores and places to eat but the hotel was "yuck!".

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I was not impressed
The air condition did not work in the first room, I was told to wigle the nob,
After that did not work I was reluctly given another room.
It was ok, I could tell that at one point this had been a nice hotel, with the sauna,work out room etc.
The iron did not work, the over all impression was not positive.

Room Tip: Try the comfort inn and suites a few miles away
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Yorba Linda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I made reservations in March for a stay in late April. I knew our flight was coming in very early in the morning (5:30) and that I would have to pay for 2 nights. I made the reservations with Frederick and I heard him typing in the special notes that we would be late arrivals. When we did arrive, we found our reservations had been cancelled an hour before we got there. Marlo was remarkably unhelpful. She would not give us a room AND charge my card as a "no-show"! I will never stay at a Comfort Inn again. The worst customer service I have ever experienced!

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless it is the last hotel on Earth
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Buckhead North? Share your experiences!