“So friendly and comfy at an amazing price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #70 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Toronto, Canada
“So friendly and comfy at an amazing price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I came to Atlanta for ancomedy festival and this was our preferred hotel. The rates were amazing for great service and a comfortable stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Story how how awesome the staff is here: we were short of a car and needed to get down the street a few miles. While we could have taken the bus, one of the front desk attendants offered to pay for the cab fare. Now that's service!

If I'm anywhere near the area again, there's no question I'm booking a room with them! Great great staff and service, and extremely friendly (the genuine kind, not the small talk kind).

Room Tip: I've only had a room on the side facing the highway. I can only assume the opposite side is quie...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed as part of the Spontaneous Combustion improv festival. Staff were very friendly and when checking in, the front desk person said, "you're with those nice people." I felt very welcomed and the front desk staff person was always courteous and eager to help. I would stay there again.

Free breakfast had many choices: Belgian waffles, hot or cold cereal, egg and sausage muffins, fresh fruit, and baked goods. No need to eat elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is my fourth year staying at this Comfort Inn as part of the Spontaneous Combustion Festival and its great. Nothing super fancy but it has everything you need for a weekend trip to Atlanta - Clean rooms, a gym with sauna, pool, plenty of parking, several eating options within walking distance, good continental breakfast and a nice staff.

I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This great little hotel on the north edge of Buckhead has a wonderful staff and great rates! I've stayed there 4 times now for the Spontaneous Combustion Atlanta improv comedy festival, and every year Comfort Inn gets better. They are so kind and courteous to all of us rowdy comic actors! You couldn't ask for a nicer staff. They make checking in and out a breeze, and we love that breakfast buffet when we come in from a late night party!

We have stayed in many hotels in this range across the country and Comfort Inn North Buckhead outshines them by far in price, location and service!

We hope they will always be our festival hotel and our Atlanta home away from home!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We booked a night here because it is close to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital and was the most reasonably priced place in the vicinity (It's virtually impossible to find a room for under $100 in this area). We went in expecting your typical cheap motel and ended up very pleasantly surprised. Yes, the carpet in the hallways was torn and worn and badly in need of replacement, but it was obvious that they're working to improve the upkeep of the facility.

The lobby area was beautiful and very clean & comfortable. Check-in was a breeze, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. (More on that later). They also provided detailed maps of the area, outlining restaurants and other places of interest nearby - and there are some very very good restaurants nearby.

One of the factors which influenced our decision to stay here was the fact that they provide a free hot breakfast. Getting sausage, eggs, biscuits, waffles and fresh pastries was much better than the standard fare you get as a "free continental breakfast" in other motels. There wasn't much room to sit downstairs and eat, but the quality of the food by far made up for that little quirk. As did the free copy of the Wall Street Journal which was delivered to our room.

Their standard double-bed room is definitely not your average motel room. It was a nice big room. BIG! It was clean, smelled fresh, was tastefully decorated, had furniture which appeared new, comfortable bedding & pillows of very good quality (again, not your typical threadbare nasty motel bedspread, torn up furniture & tacky decor). As an unexpected bonus, their rooms also include a refrigerator with a small freezer compartment, a microwave, and french doors that opened up onto a small balcony = lots of light and fresh air.

The best part of this Comfort Inn is that their people are AWESOME!! We were there because our son was having surgery early the next morning and we live very far away from the hospital. Although his surgery was early we asked for a late checkout just in case. They readily agreed to a 1PM checkout.

As the morning progressed, we realized we were not going to be out of the hospital by 1PM. I called and asked if it would be possible for us to maybe pay for an additional 1/2 day since we were running so late. No problem. As soon as they heard we were at the Children's Hospital the manager said that as long as we vacated the room by 6PM we would only be charged for a 1/2 day. After 6PM we would have to pay for the additional night. We considered that to be an extremely reasonable arrangement, and were thankful to have that stress removed from our day.

When we finally got back to the motel to check out, the manager waived the extra 1/2 day fee. The staff and management of this place are AMAZING and really really went out of their way to work with us and made our experience as pleasant and stress-free as possible.

Other motels (and even the very expensive high-dollar hotels) need to take a lesson from these folks. They do it right. Their people make all the difference in the world.

There were a few minor downsides:

* The bathroom was tiny, old and well-worn, but it's honestly what we expected from a "cheap" motel. That said, there were plenty of fresh, clean, plush, new-quality towels, which was nice.

* The parking lot was small and not very well lit. Despite that, we did not have trouble finding a parking spot at the very front of the motel every time we needed to park.

* This facility is directly beside a busy interstate. It can be extremely noisy if you get a room on that side, particularly if they're doing construction in the middle of the night. The doors and thick curtains do a good job of blocking the noise, and if our air conditioner fan had worked properly (allowing us to keep the fan running on low all night) we wouldn't have heard a thing. [Just by way of clarification: the air conditioner definitely worked; we just couldn't get it to change from the "automatic temp control" setting to the "fan on" setting. We reported the problem and I'm sure they'll fix it.]

* The hotel is also directly off a very busy and over-crowded road (Roswell Road). It can be difficult to get into and out of the motel if you attempt to drive during rush hours, but that becomes a non-issue if you just turn right out of the facility and turn around at the next light. No biggie.

* There is a safe in the room, but they add an additional $1.50 charge to your bill for use of that safe. The charge is automatic, so if you don't use the safe you have to remember to ask them to remove that charge. That was weird & I'm not sure it's legal in Georgia, but again that's just nit-picking. If this is your biggest problem, you've had a pretty good stay.

This self-admitted travel snob will absolutely 100% be staying here again the next time we need to be in the area.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for an odd-numbered room. Those are the rooms on the side away from the Interstate...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

There is nothing extraordinary about this Motel. The rooms are old but clean. The staff is courteous and some are sweet. It is a great little place to stay for under 100 bucks. The people that stay there are blue collar workers so if you want to meet queen Shiba, that is the wrong place. It is near Whole foods market and a bunch of restaurant. Ruth Chris was across the street so what I saved in rent I spent in food. The depressing thing about staying in one of these places is that you get real lonely. I had to be in Atlanta for 2 to 3 weeks so I was not going to choose a 4 or 5 stars.
Also all the king rooms are on the freeway, so if you don't mind the noise as I don't it sooth me, they it's ok but "ladies" be warned.
I forgot my the charger to my tooth brush and they refused to ship it to me, they instead asked me to go to Fed Ex and get a pick up set up. It was too late I was leaving on Sunday to London, so I threw away my great electric tooth brush. Why not charge my CC and do it. I guess that is not what they do.
If you have the money definitely don't stay there. It's like being poor again. DEPRESSING. Agian staff is real nice.
Ah breakfast is included.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go to a hotel. That's motel. But for a Motel I guess it's ok.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Buckhead North? Share your experiences!