“It was a great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Artmore Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1302 West Peachtree st, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #13 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“It was a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

We had a great Valentine's Day weekend at the Artmore. They were great with service, very personable. They felt like a small boutique with the service.. Not like a large chain.

Whit & Kathy

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Dear Whitsound,
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so glad that you got to experience Valentine's weekend with us, and that it was a memorable experience for you. I look forward to sharing this review with our team. Thanks again, and please come back soon!

824 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We live in Atlanta and just went for the night. This place is really nice. Kinda trendy. Rooms are really nice. Outdoor space in the courtyard is very cool with a nice firepit. I'd for sure stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Dear. ssforcey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm glad that you had the chance to enjoy our fabulous courtyard. Please come back soon, especially in the Spring when the courtyard is at it's best! Thanks again.

Palmetto, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed at Artmore Hotel on February 5, 2011 and it was a great stay! The hotel is very modern/chic and the room was spacious with a little mini-kitchen and very comfortable and clean beds. The bar is nice and at night there were several young people hanging out which was fun. The hotel is also very centrally located (and in a safe neighborhood) and close to restaurants and the Marta. The Piedmont Park is also a short drive away. All in all, a great stay and we'd visit again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear punkin718,

Thanks so much for writing this review, and taking the time to share this great feedback about your time with Artmore Hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that you got to experience some of the things that make the Artmore unique. Please come back soon!

North Haven, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I selected the Artmore because of the tripadvisor reviews. I will start with the email I received about five days before my arrival. Welcome it said and told me to reply with any requests etc. So I did reply because I was traveling with my daughter to look at SCAD and didn't know what places that I found to eat dinner, were within walking distance to the hotel. We flew to Atlanta and took the marta to the hotel.

A few days later I didn't get a response so called and spoke to the front desk. The email was from the front desk but the front desk didn't know about it. So they kindly gave me their email address and I forwarded the email to them still hoping that I would get a call back. I only wanted a recommendation for dinner. I never did get a call back or an email.

We arrived at the Artmore at about 7PM when we checked in and I told my story to a gentlemen at the front desk and told him my story and asked if anyone left a note or a reservation for me. Nada. Kindly and patiently, he listened to me and called Nan a great Thai restaurant with great food and was within walking distance.

All staff was very friendly. The decor was really artistic and my daughter especially liked the surroundings inside the hotel. We were there Friday and Saturday night and it seems like a younger crowd was there for the most part. They were loud and having a good time. Didn't bother me, I have teens but it might bother some.

They have a beautiful courtyard with a fountain that has a fire at night. We didn't go out there at night though. I felt too old, lol

The one big downer was the second night (Saturday). We were exhausted so opted for the dine in option. They had a small menu but it had a few things on it that appealed to us. There was a panini (darn, they were out of that) so I ordered the chicken salad over apple slices with multi grain bread. My daughter got penne pasta with sauce and added chicken to it. It was delivered and set up in our room. I tipped them and they left. As soon as the door clicked we realized no napkins and no fork, knife etc so I called down to them. They brought it up quickly and apologized about it and we went on our way. Ok so now the second time the door closed I noticed what I had received was a bed of greens with a part of a chicken breast on it, not even dressing. My daughter did get penne but with very little sauce. It was so dry. Soooo, I called them again, by this time knowing they must hate me and told them that my food was wrong but if they would just give me dressing I would eat what I was given so again they had to come up and bring me the dressing.

Bottom line is that I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place but might do without the food.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear dbbohner,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am very glad that you still had some positive feedback to share after experiencing some not so great things in regards to our service. I appreciate you sharing this with us very much, as it give us an opportunity to examine where are shortcomings are.

You should have absolutely received an email back from us. We are a fairly small hotel, and we pride ourselves on providing very personalized service, so I am quite disappointed to hear that we didn't come through on that. In regards to our F&B, it is a relatively new concept for us that has started to expand. Our guests have been very positive about the new room service feature we have offered, but we clearly have some more work to do on the execution side of it.

After these bumps in the road, I am so glad to see that you would still come back to stay with us. Please contact me directly when you are ready to do so. I would love to make sure that we do a great job taking care of you the next time.

Best Regards, and Safe Travels,

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

A slightly older building that has been updated to give it a more "boutique" feel. It has a combination of quirky charm with a modern attitude. The rooms are smallish as are the bathrooms but comfortable enough. The service staff was very friendly and helpful and they are what makes the difference here. There is a cute little bar in the lobby and we had a nice cocktail before going out to dinner. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed January 2011
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Dear hurleygrrl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! I am very happy that you had a good experience at Artmore Hotel, and that you discovered that the greatest thing about the hotel is our team! I would like to let you know that you may have had a small room this time by shear chance. We actually have huge rooms, some of which are two level suites. Since this used to be an apartment house, our rooms are pretty unique. Please let me know when you are planning to come back, and I will make sure you get a much larger room. Thanks again!

Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I needed a hotel in mid-town Atlanta that was close to my conference. I was recommended the Artmore Hotel for its location to where I was going. I hadn't heard of it but checked it out online; it looked good so I tried it. Well, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had exceeded my expectations upon arrival. Quaint refurbished hotel with a very friendly and welcoming staff...even knew my name when I checked in (early evening). The room was very nicely decorated, cozy & comfy bed, little kitchen/refrigerator and quite spacious. I was solo but would have been enough room for two. Room was very soundproof and clean. Breakfast was way more than I anticipated also....scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, biscuits, fruit, juices, coffee, danish, etc. Will definitely be back in the spring or summer to enjoy the amazing courtyard with blazing firepit and comfy seating. Feels like you are far from mid-town Atlanta in there. Definitely would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Dear Schneider6,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review! I am so glad that you had a great experience with us, and got to witness firsthand some of the things that make Artmore Hotel really special. I am also very proud of our team, and I am very glad that you got to experience some our genuine Hospitality. We look forward to having you back in the Spring, when the courtyard is really something spectacular to behold. Thanks again for choosing us!

Sunderland, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

The Artmore is a one off boutique hotel.
Very easy to get to using the MARTA - or by car (we drove into Atlanta, but used the MARTA to get to the airport when leaving).
The Staff were very helpful throughout the few days we stayed here (Although they couldn't find a kettle for us Brits to make Tea !)
The rooms are all individually deocrated with pictures of various rock & roll / musical icons and are very comfortable - we had Elvis in the room and Jimi Hendrix in the bathroom!
There are a quite a few restaurants & bars within easy walking distance of the Artmore in the mid town area and of course as the station is just over the street, downtown is only 15 minutes away, as is Buckhead if your interest is further afield.
With the reasonable rates, friendly staff, unique style, and easy access of this hotel I would definitely reccommend it whether you are in Atlanta for a few days or just overnight.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear ss1968,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review! I am so glad that you had a great experience here with us, and got to see of the things that make Artmore Hotel a unique place! It is indeed a great building, and you mentioned some of my favorite pieces of art that we chose. You also mentioned how friendly our staff is, which is most important to us of all. I look forward to sharing this with our team, and I will also follow your suggestion about a tea kettle. We would love to have more guests staying with us who are from "across the pond", and having a tea kettle available upon request would be a necessary item indeed! Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope you can return!

Michael Halpner

Been to Artmore Hotel? Share your experiences!