“Great Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lithonia, Georgia
“Great Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was a great find. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. April, Scott, Megan and Rashon, you know the true meaning of customer service. I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sammy-Trotter, Public Relations Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Tracie G,

We are delighted to see staff names and always make sure to make a big deal of it when their names come up. Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback. We can't wait to welcome you back to The Artmore on your next trip to Atlanta.

Best regards,

Sam Trotter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Hilton Head
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This eclectic hotel is in a great location and a very good value, all in. It's small, the décor is nostalgic (art deco exterior and retro interiors) and the staff seems to really care. No mistake, it is not the Ritz in any stretch of the imagination. But it's clean, small, centrally located, and a great alternative to much larger chains.

Breakfast is included and it's better than most chain hotels that include breakfast.

The staff is welcoming, friendly, remembers your name, and responsive to requests.

Whether its for an extended stay or a weekend getaway, it's a value worth looking at.

Room Tip: The lofts are two level, spacious and work looking at.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2014
Dear hhishome,

Thanks for wonderful comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your compliments regarding our friendly staff, the location of the hotel and the value. We too feel that the Artmore is a great alternative and one that can provide a much needed respite from the big box chain hotels.

Please be our guest again when returning to Atlanta in the future.

Best Regards,

Mara Miller
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Was given a handicap accessible room with a shower, no tub. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, bathroom was dirty, room smelled like mildew, and bed felt like a cot. Would not recommend nor stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Blair P,

I would like to thank you for your review. It is always off-putting to hear that we have missed the mark with one of our guests. I am sorry that your experience did not go over as well as either one of us would have hoped.

I apologize that your bed was not up to par. We are always improving our guest experience and regularly changing out the mattresses is just one of our programs. We have identified that mattress as one that we will change. We are also in the process of renovating our rooms and removing the wallpaper is part of the renovation. I have discussed the cleanliness of the bathroom and the mildew smell with our Director of Housekeeping.

Again, I apologize that your stay was not adequate and even though you seemed intent on not returning, if you decide to (for business or otherwise) please feel free to reach out to me directly. Regardless if you stay with us or not, I truly hope you find comfort and satisfaction upon your next Atlanta visit.

Kind Regards,

Mara Miller
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Artmore is fabulous. Starting from making the reservation by phone with a professional and helpful staff. I arrived from the airport by Marta train for $2.50 and virtually walked across the street to the property. I was helped in with my bags and registered quickly and in a great room with a stocked mini bar, fridge, microwave and keurig! I was pleasantly surprised with luxury bedding consisting of a down comforter and pillows which are so important for a good night of rest after a long day of travel. Since I was in Atlanta for medical appointments, the bus across the street was a 10 minute ride to Piedmont Hospital.
Upon returning I ventured down to the bar and enjoyed a great sandwich and a cold beer from a extensive beer menu. The bartender was personable and friendly not to mention extremely versed in cocktails! She rocked. The staff overall is extremely nice and efficient.
I wake up early and was told there would be coffee in the lobby at 6 am which there was.
I was also told by the bartender there is a free shuttle across the street that will take me to a shopping area and I found this a big perk since I have a day of fasting.
I would stay here again and suggest this to everyone visiting Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
gmartmorehotel, Front Office Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Gianfran187785,

Wow, what a great review! Thank you so very much for the time you spent on detailing your stay with us. One of my favorite things about the Artmore is the convenience to just about anything an individual could possibly want/need to do in Atlanta/Midtown. I'm so thrilled that all went well with your appointments. I remember assisting you on the phone personally and what a delight you were to have as our guest. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Atlanta.

Warmest Regards,

Lilburn Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Another great stay at the Artmore! It is our go to hotel in Midtown ATL. In walking distance of excellent resturants, Piedmont Park and High Museum. Staff is very friendly and go out of the way to take care of any issues. Can't be beat!

Room Tip: Loft rooms facing the courtyard are our favorite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Idianne,

Thank you for staying with us again and being an Artmore fan. Our Loft rooms are one of our more unique features and I'm happy to see you have had the opportunity to experience our little twist on a fun room floor plan. I hope to see you on your next visit.

All the best,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed 4 days at the Artmore last of May thru June 2, 2014. The unique renovated/updated gem in the heart of Midtown was just what I hoped it would be. Older woman traveling alone, not feeling well, April was absolutely kind, pleasant, totally professional. She made me so welcome. Also kudos to Scott (front desk) and to Steve (valet), bar lady from my home state was so pleasant, as well as ALL staff.

I was concerned that the "hip, live music" venue would be too much. Not so. Your ads tell the truth!!! So close to I-75/85 and everything one needs. My room #114, was perfect for me. Room cleanliness is top priority for me, above all else.

Will recommend to friends (have already) and Artmore Hotel is only place for me while in Atlanta.

Con. I agree that coffee in room should be (free) complimentary,sometimes do no want to get dressed to go to front bar.

Room Tip: Depending on why you are there. Party.Business.Sightseeing, up early and need quiet, stay away from...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear YvonneG,

Thank you for your sparkling review. I love when we are able to make a true Artmore Hotel fan through experiences like yours! What a fantastic review. I want you to know that we did let April and Scott, and Steve know that you gave them specific mention for great customer service. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip into Atlanta!

Best Regards,

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Artmore Hotel, and would stay there again if I were visiting Atlanta. The Midtown location was favorable and very easy to find from the highway. It is very close (within walking distance) to an excellent Thai restaurant, Nan. The beds were comfortable. The room itself was very clean and simultaneously modern and vintage. The bathtub was deep, with a generous showerhead, lots of hot water. Aveda toiletries, very nice! I enjoyed the courtyard area, it's a great place to have drinks or just regroup. The service was courteous. The minibar selection was amusing because it included a "lover's kit" with some adult goodies. That just made me laugh.
Two minor things I was not crazy about - a K-cup coffeemaker is in the room but the K-cups in the minibar were $2.00 each! Come on. So, if you stay at the Artmore, bring your own K-cups and creamer, etc. Also, the breakfast in the Club room downstairs was kind of meh. Nothing you wouldn't find at a chain like Days Inn. I was hoping for something a little out of the ordinary. Other than these two minor things, my stay at the Artmore was great and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear LisaLovestoEat,

Firstly, I love your user name on this site! In keeping with that tag line, I'm very glad you were able to get out and enjoy some of the local food fare in Midtown. Your review was very nice to read; thank you for taking the time to be so detailed and remembering the specifics of our property. It's something special when a person takes the time to really share his or her experience and I thank you for your time in doing so. We are always trying to find ways to reinvent our hotel to create the best guest experience. For your next visit, while the in room coffee is sold for a charge, every morning we do offer complimentary coffee in the lobby to our guests. I hope to get to meet you on your next visit to Midtown.

Front Office

Been to Artmore Hotel? Share your experiences!