“Great location in Midtown” 4 of 5 stars

Artmore Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1302 West Peachtree st, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #12 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great location in Midtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Fun "different" hotel with a great "park-once" location. My husband and I stayed here for a concert at the Atlanta Symphony Center and ate at the Nan Thai restaurant. (Several restaurants within walking distance plus High Museum, Marta, etc.) An EZ/safe walk to all. Parking is $19.50/nt valet. (3/14) Breakfast was included, which was very nice, on the lower level. We had a suite (#121) which was ground level, near an exit to the courtyard with a full kitchen fully stocked with liquor, coffee, etc. (all for a fee....even the coffee (Kurig)) Bed and living area are the same room which doesn't work if you have an early riser. Sofa hard as a rock. Great dark curtains. Bed comfy. Free WiFi. Smoking area in the courtyard. Bathroom had the weirdest set up ever. You had to walk thru the shower to get to the toilet. The shower left the whole floor sopped, even with towels to try to corral the flow. Ask what kind of shower your room has as you book. You don't want this one. Only one valet guy so plan your departure carefully as it will take awhile to get your car. We would stay here again if going to the ATL symphony for an event but I would ask a few questions re: room choice when booking.

Room Tip: Ask as you book as each room is different. Rooms either face the courtyard or the road/area. No view...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff is extremely nice and courteous. From the minute I walked in I felt that I was at home! From the front desk all the way to the valet, they treated me as if i liver there. The rooms are good size that come with mini fridge and microwave for those longer stays.I will be staying here again fore sure!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Malibubean1,

Thank you for your review! I am so happy you had a great experience with us and that you feel at home at the Artmore.

We look forward to having you back!

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have three nice things to say about the Artmore: great location (proximity to the Marta, High Museum, symphony hall, etc.), friendly staff, and cute décor.

But it quickly became apparent that they put all their effort into redecorating and forgot to fix things like the apparently broken thermostat (temperature control didn't work, so when we got sick of the room swinging from freezing to burning hot and back all night we just shut it off), incredibly thin walls (all the other guests were completely polite and reasonable, but we could hear footsteps from all the way down the hall and we're not at all sensitive to noise usually), and broken plumbing.

That's right, broken plumbing.

After repeatedly having to call the front desk to get a service person to come (it turns out that they only have one staff member to answer ALL service desk calls, from bringing extra towels to plunging toilets, meaning that the nearly an hour wait to get our toilet plunged is clearly management's fault), we learned from the very friendly gentleman that this guests on the previous night had also had to call him. Repeatedly. (In other words, they knew the plumbing was broken and put us in the room anyway.) We should have just demanded to switch rooms right then and there, but everyone had been so nice that we didn't want to be difficult. That was a mistake. After having to call the front desk every time we used the toilet for, shall we say, #2, for half our stay, we asked them to just leave a plunger. To their credit, they also offered to refund us for 2 nights, so we were reasonably happy. While a working toilet seemed like a minimum for a boutique hotel in the U.S., a partial refund also seemed like a reasonable solution.

Then when our refund still hadn't been processed 7 business days after we left, I called to follow up. There was a record of the decision to refund, but not record of anyone initiating it. Ok, that's annoying, but fixable. Apparently since we booked through Expedia, initiating was a little more complicated.

5 more business days go by. Still nothing. So I call again. No record of anyone initiating it. I get elevated to the financial manager, and she claims to have called Expedia and initiated it herself. She gives me a refund deadline and a case #, so I believe her. (Note: somehow between the beginning of this process and now the number of nights got switched from 2 to 1. They put it back to 2 when I pointed out the change, but this should also have been a red flag that I was being given the run around.)

12 more business days go by. Still nothing. And thus begins the cycle of calling every couple of days and getting told repeatedly that they've initiated it; no wait it hasn't been initiated; no wait it's initiated it's Expedia's fault; no wait it hasn't been NOW it is...etc.

Finally, 4 weeks after the end of my trip, I just called Expedia. There was NO RECORD of ANY attempt to initiate the refund. Expedia, to their credit, kept me on the line, called the hotel, got verbal authorization for the refund, and initiated it immediately (and this time I have the credit card receipt). They also informed me that the hotel should have been aware that they couldn't have possibly initiated the refund without ME calling Expedia and asked that I do so right away. As in, while I was still at the hotel.

Best case scenario this was a string of incompetence all the way up the management team. (But, as I said above, they were certainly friendly the whole way.) Worst case scenario it was a deliberate run-around in the hopes that I would eventually just go away. Either way, even if everything hadn't gone wrong with my credit card, I still wouldn't stay here again. There are several other lovely hotels in midtown Atlanta in the same price range with equally good (and better, depending on your tourism interests) locations that have working toilets and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We chose this hotel because it's right next to MARTA and the price was good if you book on their website. Our room was very nice, with two queens. We asked the front desk clerk for a nearby Thai restaurant and he gave us directions to Tamarind, just a few blocks away. We had a nice walk and a nice dinner. We only stayed one night, but I'd like to return to explore downtown Atlanta more.

Dear SarahCat2014,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. I was delighted to share it with the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore in the near future and hopefully for more than one night.

Thanks again!

parkland, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in Atlanta for a quick weekend visit. We chose the Artmore because of its proximity to Marta (right across the street) and its low rates. The Artmore is an old apartment building that has been converted into a hotel. Our room had a small kitchenette, which was perfect for making coffee and heating up leftovers. The room was a nice size and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was a bit tight, especially for my husband who is 6'4. The courtyard with fountain/fire pit was great. It is surrounded by comfortable patio furniture. The lobby bar has an excellent assortment of craft beer and wines by the glass. Breakfast was good. We liked that they switched up the offerings each morning. The only aspect of the hotel that we didn't like was the fitness room. It was tiny and dark. What we appreciated most about The Artmore was the friendly staff of young people who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Hope we get to return some day.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lisaBParkland,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write your review. We also thank you for complimenting our staff, our breakfast offerings and the craft beer & wine selection at the Studio Bar.

We hope to see you back soon.

New Milton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Being just over the road from a MARTA station made this a handy place for me to stay. I was not driving but was able to get from the airport and round town very easily. My room was very pleasant and clean, the hotel being very attractive and unusual. I was lucky enough to be staying when they had their annual cocktail party, held on the central patio, with delicious food. The staff was friendly and helpfully printed out instructions for getting to places of interest. My only criticism that apart from early morning, coffee had to be purchased.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear ana a,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your comments and feedback. You are absolutely right about our location being a handy place to stay, with a MARTA station right across the street and the many restaurants, bars, cafes and shopping spots within walking distance, you don't need a car during your stay. Thank you kindly for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Good hotel, pleasant location, extremely attractive facade, fine breakfast (ask for the price as it's not included), very inviting cocktail lounge, good outdoor space, edgy, and extremely well appointed rooms, recommended for when in Georgia for sure.

Dear Roxan Travels,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write your review. We also thank you for complimenting our breakfast, our guest rooms, the hotel's location and facilities. It is great to hear feedback from our guests and to feel rewarded when we read we are doing a good job. We hope to see you back...

Cordially,

Mara Miller

Been to Artmore Hotel? Share your experiences!