“Second Time and I'm Hooked” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Get Artsy at the Artmore
Ranked #13 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Second Time and I'm Hooked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was my second stay at the Artmore Hotel, and I will be coming back here for my future trips to Atlanta. The historic nature of the building is matched with a modern style and decor that makes for an upscale joint with it's own unique charm. The staff is always helpful and willing to accommodate any request and the rooms are large, comfortable and clean. I've not had any meals here, but the hotel lounge and bar are great and the bartenders are super friendly and knowledgable. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Jake H,

Thank you for your great review! We are happy you enjoyed the blend of our historic building & modern style which gives the Artmore a unique charm, as you said so well. I am glad you found your room comfortable and clean and the staff friendly and helpful.

Thanks again for the wonderful review; we look forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards,

Mara Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am not sure what type of room I was in since each website to reserve has them by different names.. but it was huge. I had the two story room with a small kitchen and living area on the first floor and a bedroom and bath on the top floor. It had everything you need.
Check in was easy and the directions that lead all the way to Kentucky to get to the elevators were good, but good grief that is a long walk. I ended up taking the stairs most of the time.
The room noise was fair. There was a group of young women next door and they were rather loud, but with the AC fans on I barely heard anything. And the courtyard could get loud, but that fan drowned it all out.
The location near the MARTA was ideal and I felt safe walking in the morning and evening. For the money it was a good deal if you can get the two story room. Although they did charge for the Kurig cups in the room.. with no other coffee source.. so bring your own Kcup.

Room Tip: get the two story room on the top floors
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear vacationx2,

I'm so happy you found us and enjoyed your stay! I am glad you found your room had everything you needed and more importantly that you found the elevator. These older buildings certainly have their quirks. We are always focused on delivering a unique experience, and always at a value. The location near the MARTA is ideal and we always tell people to use it when they can. I hope you return soon!

Warmest Regards,

New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We found all of the staff to be very helpful and willing to extend themselves to accommodate what we requested. Helen, the woman who prepared the breakfast was very friendly and did an excellent job not only of the cooking but of keeping the area tidy and all foods replenished.

Room Tip: If you request you can get a small refrigerator in your room. If you want to bring your own coffee...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Virginia B,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so glad you found the team very helpful I will pass on your compliments to Ms. Helen. We think she is pretty great too! When you return to Atlanta, I hope that the Artmore will be your home away from home. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Warm regards,

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Friendly staff; very responsive to requests. Neat bar, but courtyard area is beautiful. Stayed one night in the penthouse with another couple in order to have easy access to Georgia Dome. MARTA is right across the street, but we took a cab ($26 there, $20 back).
Note that although the penthouse has two bedrooms (second level), a sitting area and a kitchen, there is only one bathroom upstairs (and no half bath downstairs), so it's not the best for use as a hospitality suite. Overall clean and well decorated. Will stay there again when we need a room downtown.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mpparadocs,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so glad you found the team very helpful and willing to please plus Neat bar, but courtyard area is beautiful. We try to tell everyone how great it is to use the MARTA and that’s it right across the street so thank you for noticing. We also love the great location of the Artmore, right in the heart of mid-town.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you stay again next time you are in Atlanta.

Kind regards,

Hernando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The courtyard is amazing, as is the cocktail lounge, and art deco theme. Our room had the smallest bathroom we have ever encountered anywhere!! Very difficult for older folks to maneuver. The staff was single handed at the desk and extremely busy causing people to wait either coming or going. Parking is extremely difficult so you must use there valet parking at additional expense. Location is outstanding and close to everything. Recommend for short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bathroom larger than a "postage stamp"
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marty_L_11_11,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Artmore. I am so happy that you were able to find the courtyard and the location amazing during your stay with us. The courtyard is the heart of the hotel, and why we have added the cocktail lounge. I am glad you liked the art deco theme. We do have a unique property and some of our bathrooms are smaller than others. If you are willing to give us another chance we will make sure your room fits your needs perfectly. We look forward to welcoming you again when you return to Atlanta!

Best Regards,

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at the Artmore hotel in order to attend a wedding weekend for a family member. I had requested room 301 because it was rumoured to have 2 bathrooms - 1 upstairs/1 downstairs, and since my mother-in-law was staying with us thought it would be perfect. We also had our 1 yr old with us.
Pros: Great staff, brought things promptly to room (highchair upon request), friendly, inquisitive about stay throughout our time there, spacious suites
Cons: Not sure I'd choose the same room. Noise from the courtyard was loud at night, very small bathroom on main floor with not much space to put toiletries, etc. $20/day + tips for valet (no other option if you have a car), no breakfast included. Bed was not very comfortable.
If you don't need two bathrooms, perhaps choose a different suite with all of the bedrooms upstairs. All in all, I chose the Artmore based on the price, reviews, and primarily location (proximity to wedding venue). I'm happy with my selection, however I'd likely stay in a different room if I were back in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Rm 301 has 2 bathrooms, however the one on the main floor is very small. It is also adjacent to the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Daydream_Believer_CO,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comments about the room as well. We are constantly working to improve the entire guest experience, and feedback like yours is invaluable in helping us do that. When you return to Atlanta, I hope that the Artmore will be your hotel of choice. Please contact me directly so I can oversee your arrangements personally either via email at mara@artmorehotel.com or by phone at 404.201.7542.

Kind Regards,

Drummonds, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Management is very helpfull and willing to please. I dealt with Jasenta and Scott, both were great! Rooms were very nice with a great mini-bar. Bar was nice. The bartender was friendly and very knowledgeable of the nightlife around the town. Location was great in the heart of mid-town. We walked almost everywhere we went because of the location. Will stay again next time I am in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Be prepared for valet parking only.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hello Jared 2013,

Thank you so much for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and found our staff and Managers to be helpful.

Thanks again and come back and let us welcome you again soon.

Safe Travels,

Mara Miller

Been to Artmore Hotel? Share your experiences!