“Very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed two nights on business. Very nice place with everything we needed - at $100 less per night than the big chain hotel a block away. Bathrooms are small, which is typical of a classic old hotel. Free wifi is strong and fast. Many good restaurants close by (such as Veni Vedi Veci).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear gbellamy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Artmore. I couldn't agree more the Artmore is a very nice place and close to some of the best restaurants Atlanta has to offer.

We look forward to having you back here as quickly as possible!

Travel Safe!

Mara Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
tuscaloosa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently used a Living Social deal to stay at what was described as "a beautiful historic hotel". The courtyard is beautiful and the staff is friendly. However, it was no deal. After a nine hour drive from Virginia, we were placed on the third floor in an attic room. Some people might find sloped ceilings and skylights as windows cozy and intimate. However, my husband is 6'3" and could not stand up in the bathtub or without walking to the end of the bed. We also had our children with us. They stayed in the downstairs portion of the room. They had a loveseat foldout bed that had to be rearranged so that it could be opened fully without hitting the bottom of the stairs. We had to go to the bar to heat food because there was no microwave in the room. We stayed here because the High Museum was within walking distance. I know now from the pictures shown here that there are nicer rooms available. I feel we were given a substandard room because we had a Livinig Social voucher. If that is not the case, the staff did a horrible job of matching our needs as guests with the best room. Next time I'll pay my extra $20, enjoy my indoor pool, managers reception, and a hot breakfast made to order at the Embassy Suites in Buckhead.

Room Tip: If you're on the third floor. Watch out for the corner attice suites.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear bamatex_14,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, as you mention, the Artmore is a beautiful boutique hotel built in 1924 with a variety of room categories including our 2 level loft suites. I am sorry that the roof pitch was troublesome to your husband and as crazy as it may sound the loft suite is one of our most popular rooms. As you noted, we do have many categories of rooms and if you contact me directly the next time your travels bring you to midtown Atlanta, I will be certain to match your needs with a better room category. Guest reviews are very important to us in understanding what our guest needs are and I thank you again for taking the time to share this feedback. We look forward to your next visit to Atlanta and the Artmore Hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I spent a lot of time in Atlanta over the last couple of years and I've always been a little obsessed with the Artmore. It has a wonderful stucco'd exterior and in the summer, I've stopped by to have a drink at their bar and enjoy music in the courtyard (the hotel itself is a u-shape around the courtyard). It has such a unique, funky vibe that I assumed the guest areas would be more of the same. I finally got to stay at the Artmore last week and was satisfied with my stay, but disappointed by how ordinary the guestrooms were.

Location: The location is fantastic, and easy 1/2 block from the Arts Center MARTA station (which has two lines that go directly to the airport). It is an easy 1/2 mile walk (or a free shuttle) to shopping and restaurants in Atlantic Station, and an equally easy walk to the restaurants and museums of Midtown. Parking isn't easy in this area, and it isn't cheap - Artmore charges $19/night for valet parking.

Check-in: The check-in was a bit chaotic (even with four staff and only two checking in guests) however they got themselves sorted out. Music from the bar was LOUD. The hotel tried to get a bunch of personal information for their mailing lists (my birthday, my personal email address, etc. were among them) but wasn't pushy when I demurred.

Food: No in-house restaurant (and no room service) but you can sign up for breakfast (for $$$) or have a limited breakfast at the bar (I'm assuming also for $$$). However, there is a good pizza place and a small convenience store 1.5 blocks away at the 1280 Peachtree building.

Rooms: Access to the rooms is via a looooong hallway that wraps around the building. I was on the opposite side of the building one floor up, so it took a while, but it was a pleasant walk. My room wasn't anything special. No bathrobe, a Keurig coffeemaker but no complimentary coffee or tea (the "gourmet" pods resting invitingly to one side were priced at $2.50 each). Meh toiletries in the bathroom that didn't include lotion of any sort, the first time I've run into that at a hotel in my memory. Pillows and linens were very nice.

I was really hoping for a fun, funky stay but found the hotel to be pretty ordinary, and definitely overpriced at $160 per night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear BlueBear92

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate when guests give us their feedback as it helps us to improve our operation on those items that we can control. I am glad you found our location and courtyard fantastic. We strive to make every guest experience an exceptional one and it seems that the lobby and courtyard delivered on this promise but our rooms were less funky than you had hoped. The Artmore has many different room types and takes pride in matching the guest room type with the guests expectations as much as possible. Please feel free to contact us directly if your future plans bring you back to the midtown area so we can better prepare and provide that funky guest room experience you seek.

Safe travels,

Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Artmore Hotel in Midtown Atlanta with two of my girlfriends for a weekend. It is located in the cultural arts district- a great safe, clean, and convenient area. It is within walking distance to a great outdoor shopping mall, an abundance of restaurants, and bars. A 10 minute cab ride to get to the aquarium and world of coca cola. Front desk staff were extremely friendly and gave great recommendations for places to eat, shop, go to bars, and local attractions- they truly knew what they were talking about! They even made our dinner reservations for us 2 nights in a row. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Unique Mediterranean feel to this boutique hotel. Only pitfall was poor food quality at the breakfast buffet. However, in terms of accommodation, I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear 0SaraP0,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Artmore on Tripadvisor. We strive to prove great comfortable service and I am so pleased that you found our Front desk staff was extremely friendly. It is also important to us that our team members know the best local spots and give great recommendations. I will pass along your comments to our housekeeping department whose daily task it is to make our rooms were clean and comfortable. Thank you again for staying with us and if your travels bring you back to Atlanta please reach out to me so we can take care of you again. Safe travels.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I chose the Artmore mainly because of what I thought was a good location, coupled with good reviews on here. The location was OK, close to the MARTA station which was handy, but not as good as I'd expected. There wasn't really much in the immediate vicinity in terms of bars and restaurants, whereas I had been led to believe that Midtown was kind of a hip and happening area. But my misinformation wasn't the hotel's fault. The hotel itself were nice. The staff on the front desk and at the bar were really helpful and they had an ipad at the front desk which we could use to look things up. They also let us use their phone to hire a car. The rooms were small by American standards, but still larger than what you'd expect for the same star rating/price range in most other places - especially the UK/Europe. Wifi signal was good, and I enjoyed the breakfast, although it was my first introduction to what Americans call biscuits, so that was exciting for me.

The downside was that my room overlooked the courtyard and one night there was a wedding on, so there was a lot of noise. It was over by 11pm though so not really a problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Claire B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Artmore. We really appreciate the feedback as we use it to improve our guest service. I am so glad you found our staff on the front desk and at the bar really helpful as it is a standard we endeavor to keep as our top priority. Please let me know that next time your travels bring you back to the US, especially if it is through Atlanta we will have many more American Biscuits waiting for you.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Three stars about sums it up. The Artmore is pretty but small - during our stay, a private pary took over both the lobby and bar completely, and the music was loud even up in our room. Amenities are decent but limited amenities. Don't expect any fluffy bathrobes, for instance, or, say, food: there is a so-so breakfast served downstairs in the morning but no restaurant, just a bar menu with about five items to choose from. Suites come with one good bed and then a fold-out couch that just barely classifies as passable. The neighborhood is so-so, but the subway entrance across the street is really convenient. If I had it to do over again, I'd stay near Centennial Olympic Park, where all the attractions and dining are within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you have kids, they'll love a loft suite, but ask if they have one with a real bed (instead o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Rosalind F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The Artmore strives to meet all guests expectations and I am sorry if we fell short. We appreciate and learn from guest feedback both positive and critical. I am glad you found the MARTA station convenient and the bed in your room comfortable. We do actually have fluffy bathrobes but you are correct we do not have a restaurant. The Artmore has never had one and we don’t advertise that we do but again please accept my apologies if we somehow mislead you. Our midtown location is near some the best dining in Atlanta so it has never been a real issue. Like most boutique hotels, the Artmore is a unique and special place and not for everyone or every occasion. I agree that Centennial Park is another one of Atlanta’s many great neighborhoods that also has great dining and attractions. It’s a short distance from the Artmore so the next time you are in town, please contact me as I would love to invite you for a drink or a cup of coffee and thank you in person.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a great stay here. The rooms are beautiful and all of the staff make you feel perfectly welcome.

The rooms looked exactly as you see in the photos. The location isn't perfect, but you are a short walk from a metro stop.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear nremole,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review of the Artmore. We take great pride in our service and we are happy to have met and hopefully exceeded your expectations. Do not hesitate to contact us directly should your travels bring you back to Midtown Atlanta.

Best Regards,

Mara Miller

Been to Artmore Hotel? Share your experiences!