“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cambridge, Canada
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Artmore Hotel in Midtown Atlanta with two of my girlfriends for a weekend. It is located in the cultural arts district- a great safe, clean, and convenient area. It is within walking distance to a great outdoor shopping mall, an abundance of restaurants, and bars. A 10 minute cab ride to get to the aquarium and world of coca cola. Front desk staff were extremely friendly and gave great recommendations for places to eat, shop, go to bars, and local attractions- they truly knew what they were talking about! They even made our dinner reservations for us 2 nights in a row. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Unique Mediterranean feel to this boutique hotel. Only pitfall was poor food quality at the breakfast buffet. However, in terms of accommodation, I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear 0SaraP0,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Artmore on Tripadvisor. We strive to prove great comfortable service and I am so pleased that you found our Front desk staff was extremely friendly. It is also important to us that our team members know the best local spots and give great recommendations. I will pass along your comments to our housekeeping department whose daily task it is to make our rooms were clean and comfortable. Thank you again for staying with us and if your travels bring you back to Atlanta please reach out to me so we can take care of you again. Safe travels.

Mara Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I chose the Artmore mainly because of what I thought was a good location, coupled with good reviews on here. The location was OK, close to the MARTA station which was handy, but not as good as I'd expected. There wasn't really much in the immediate vicinity in terms of bars and restaurants, whereas I had been led to believe that Midtown was kind of a hip and happening area. But my misinformation wasn't the hotel's fault. The hotel itself were nice. The staff on the front desk and at the bar were really helpful and they had an ipad at the front desk which we could use to look things up. They also let us use their phone to hire a car. The rooms were small by American standards, but still larger than what you'd expect for the same star rating/price range in most other places - especially the UK/Europe. Wifi signal was good, and I enjoyed the breakfast, although it was my first introduction to what Americans call biscuits, so that was exciting for me.

The downside was that my room overlooked the courtyard and one night there was a wedding on, so there was a lot of noise. It was over by 11pm though so not really a problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Claire B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Artmore. We really appreciate the feedback as we use it to improve our guest service. I am so glad you found our staff on the front desk and at the bar really helpful as it is a standard we endeavor to keep as our top priority. Please let me know that next time your travels bring you back to the US, especially if it is through Atlanta we will have many more American Biscuits waiting for you.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Three stars about sums it up. The Artmore is pretty but small - during our stay, a private pary took over both the lobby and bar completely, and the music was loud even up in our room. Amenities are decent but limited amenities. Don't expect any fluffy bathrobes, for instance, or, say, food: there is a so-so breakfast served downstairs in the morning but no restaurant, just a bar menu with about five items to choose from. Suites come with one good bed and then a fold-out couch that just barely classifies as passable. The neighborhood is so-so, but the subway entrance across the street is really convenient. If I had it to do over again, I'd stay near Centennial Olympic Park, where all the attractions and dining are within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you have kids, they'll love a loft suite, but ask if they have one with a real bed (instead o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Rosalind F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The Artmore strives to meet all guests expectations and I am sorry if we fell short. We appreciate and learn from guest feedback both positive and critical. I am glad you found the MARTA station convenient and the bed in your room comfortable. We do actually have fluffy bathrobes but you are correct we do not have a restaurant. The Artmore has never had one and we don’t advertise that we do but again please accept my apologies if we somehow mislead you. Our midtown location is near some the best dining in Atlanta so it has never been a real issue. Like most boutique hotels, the Artmore is a unique and special place and not for everyone or every occasion. I agree that Centennial Park is another one of Atlanta’s many great neighborhoods that also has great dining and attractions. It’s a short distance from the Artmore so the next time you are in town, please contact me as I would love to invite you for a drink or a cup of coffee and thank you in person.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a great stay here. The rooms are beautiful and all of the staff make you feel perfectly welcome.

The rooms looked exactly as you see in the photos. The location isn't perfect, but you are a short walk from a metro stop.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear nremole,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review of the Artmore. We take great pride in our service and we are happy to have met and hopefully exceeded your expectations. Do not hesitate to contact us directly should your travels bring you back to Midtown Atlanta.

Best Regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Artmore as usual. Helen is always friendly and helpful in the morning before my meetings. Her service is excellent. The hotel rooms are extremly comfortable witha modern flare.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MonDavis D,

Thank you for your positive review of the Artmore. We especially appreciate your loyalty. Most hotels, not just Boutique hotels survive on loyal guests such as yourself and at the Artmore we really cherish it. I am also a big fan of Ms. Helen and she really has the ability to start your day off wonderfully. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Statesboro, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We went online and were excited to stay here. What a disappointment. Room that looked large online was tiny, mildewed, dirty walls with an ugly old-fashioned fuse box in the middle. The bathroom was obviously set up for someone with special needs, but not appropriate for us. A shower head that wouldn't go above our heads so we had to duck. Water was all over the floor because there was no separation, just the floor. Water changed heat every few seconds. We were never told this was what we'd get. I would never have stayed here if I'd known about the bathroom. We had a tiny niche of a closet with a curtain. The room was dingy and dark, nothing like the pictures. Not even a central overhead light. The kitchen was a tiny dark box of a room and there was not even free coffee. walls were so thin we heard sneezing. Our room wasn't made up until 4:30 pm.
On the plus side, the courtyard was nice (if you don't mind people smoking). The valets were nice and the location good.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Ruhu61,

I would like to apologize that your experience did not live up to your expectations. We take great pride in our hotel and service and I truly apologize if our efforts fell short. We do have several rooms that can accommodate someone with a disabilities and it can be uncomfortable if you are someone that does not have one. I am just sorry we didn’t have a chance to rectify it while you were here. Please know that we take your comments very seriously and I have already spoken with our executive team in effort to address the issues that you referred to. I am also glad you found our location and our courtyard a plus and as a result of your comments we have created a specific smoking section for great enjoyment of guests that don’t smoke. Thank you staying and for taking the time to share your experience as we learn from all comments both positive and constructive ones as well.

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stayed here a multiple times over the course of 5 years in the summer and it is a great little gem in midtown Atlanta. The location is just a block behind the ASO symphony hall and not too far from prime midtown restaurants. The only draw back I noticed is if your room is very close to the lobby - the music from the bar can be a bit loud at night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mattpheil,

First I must say thank you so much for your loyalty over the last 5 years. As a boutique hotel we strive to create a home away from home for our guests and I am glad you found one while you are in Atlanta. We appreciate you taking the time to let folks know how happy you are with The Artmore and our service. I will make a note in your profile that you want to be away from the lobby. Please ask for me the next time you stay so I can say thank you again but this time in person.

Safe Travels,

Mara Miller

Been to Artmore Hotel? Share your experiences!