“Great for a Romantic Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
$10 off room rate
Ranked #13 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great for a Romantic Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

So I was looking for a nice long weekend trip for the hubby and I to celebrate our anniversary. This was my amazing find. From the moment I called to make our reservations I felt as if we were going to be treated well. I was right . Scott was our front desk host . Thanks to him we got early check in , suggestions on where to eat and what to do... We hung out at the bar/lounge later that night and had the pleasure of meeting Emily our bartender . This was an awesome trip for us and we are so looking forward to using this as our little getaway soon. Thanks Artmore for the love .

Room Tip: Third floor was great . They also offer loft style suites
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Bertha T,

We are honored that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us. The Artmore is a great place for a long weekend but having it be a milestone makes it that much more special. Maybe the next time you can spend a few intimate moments together in our courtyard next to the fire pit. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next anniversary. Please contact me when you arrive and the first glass of champagne is on me.

Mara Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

A coworker and I stayed there for business and the service was amazing. We stayed in a two bedroom suite that gave us plenty of room for our daily business meetings and downtime. The entire staff from the front desk to the restaurant amazed me. They gave us anything that we needed and quickly. The two floor suite had great lighting from the skylights and windows.
Helen served the breakfast and put out a lovely spread with different choices each morning. She made sure that everyone had enough to eat and never stopped moving. Thank you for a great visit at a stressful time in my career!

Dear Jennifer N,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate the compliment. The team at the Artmore works hard to meet the demands of our business travelers and I am glad we did not let you down. I agree that our suites are very large and make them a great spot for work or play. Please be sure to contact me directly the next time you are staying in Atlanta.

Hurry Back!

Asheville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Artmore Feb 25 for one night and I would definately stay here again. It has a great location and is quaint in a stylish way. We got a great rate that included breakfast and parking. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a suite. I would turn down the upgrade in the future as the suite was on two levels with the sleeping area and bathroom on the second level. This necessitated carrying our luggage up and down a set of stairs. The lower level consisted of a sitting area and kitchenette which we did not use at all mostly due to the stairs. The upstairs was cute and comfortable with the oddities expected in an older building. The bathroom was adequate, but oddly laid out and as others have noted, the water temperature is erratic. Overall, it was a pleasant and comfortable room. The buffet breakfast was nothing remarkable, although the scrambled eggs were quite good and everything was promptly refreshed. Helen, the attendant was cheerful and helpful, making the breakfast quite enjoyable. The only complaint I have with the hotel is that there was no attendant or offer at check in to help us with our bags. This is especially strange as there is a small staircase to carry your bags up in order to enter the hotel. I wonder if this hotel is ADA compliant. The Artmore has a great location and is just around the corner from Nan Thai... an awesome restaurant not to be missed. The Artmore is not perfect but is more than comfortable and is a great value for downtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: I would skip the two level suites unless you are entertaining others.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
marsky8, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Bernadette00,

Thank you for your review of the Artmore. I look forward to sharing it with Helen and the rest of the team and thank you also for noting your issue with the water fluctuation. We have addressed this issue with our plumbing engineer.

Next time you visit Atlanta we look forward to having you stay with us and we will reserve a one story room for you.

Winston-Salem, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel was recommended by the High Museum as being one of 2 who could include museum tickets in our package. Altho we did not end up using the package deal, the proximity to the High and our wonderful rooms made the visit delightful. House Staff was courteous and helpful. Valet staff was exceptional! The only problem we had all weekend was getting as taxi in time for our dinner reservation. You might want to contact the desk in advance as Midtown Atlanta and Manhattan have very little in common!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear fleurdelea,

Thank you for your review! I will share it with our Valet staff and the rest of the team.

We look forward to having you back at the Artmore next time you are visiting Atlanta.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

we had a wonderful weekend at the artmore ! great location-great room .the front desk was gracious and efficient. valet was quick-except for getting luggage to room at check-in -they were quite busy at that time . our last day i had breakfast -club level -Helen made my day -cheerful efficient and makes the best eggs ive ever had on a buffet!!the property was beautiful

Room Tip: ask about room options -i would have loved a loft room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gerard J,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this excellent review. I look forward to sharing it with Helen and the rest of the team here. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the Artmore soon!

Thanks again!

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I really wavered between giving this hotel four or three stars. It is definitely above average for service; they did everything right from the time I walked in the door. I was greeted promptly and made me feel welcome and comfortable. The front desk agent gave me the wrong leys but caught it before I reached the elevator, gave the right keys and a free drink card. Well handled for a minor mistake. They have a cozy bar downstairs and a great courtyard in the center of the hotel which must be wonderful when the weather is a little warmer. They are also located just a few walk able blocks from the midtown bar and restaurant scene and only a few turns before from the interstate if you need to commute.

There were a few things that keep me from wanting to give this hotel a full four stars because I think they can add up to make a guest experience that is more mediocre. That same great courtyard in the center of the hotel is a serious nuisance if you happen to be in any of the rooms that overlook it. I was trying to have an early night before a long business day and I heard people outside chatting at they smoked until 10 or 11 pm. Any other night I would have still been awake but if you are a light sleeper or trying to get an early nights rest, I would request a room on the hotel’s parameter. My room also had the most pointless kitchen ever. A kitchen is a great thing to have in a room but this just seemed like a wasted space. They have the minibar fridge stocked with the usual things and a little room left over for your own chilled items (water bottles) but there is no microwave and the whole space seemed so poorly designed. The bathtub was tiny, forget trying to take a relaxing bath (I am just 5' 9") and these are not heavenly beds. They are run of the mill firm hotel mattresses with no extra ahhhh when you hop in for the evening. I didn't find the walls to be an issue but you can hear everything through the doors that happens in the hallway. A potential problem if the hotel is full of rowdy guests

I think the service, location and rates warrant seriously considering this hotel. Just be warned that this is not a 4.5 star property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gmartmorehotel, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Salsa picante78,

Thank you for your review, for both the things you liked, and the things you didn't. This type of feedback will help us to improve and we take your comments seriously.
If by any chance you would entertain the thought of giving the Artmore a second chance I would like to personally oversee your reservation. Please feel free to contact me directly at 404.201.7542 or via email at mara@artmorehotel.com.

Kind Regards,

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

All in all, I would definitely recommend The Artmore Hotel and it will be my choice when returning to Atlanta. Great dining, as well as world-class art, was just a block or two away. This is a small boutique hotel in Midtown, within walking distance of the High Museum of Art. According to an Atlanta born-and-bred friend, the building was formerly an apartment house. It is a mid-twenties stuccoed Spanish Revival building, with just three floors with three wings surrounding a central courtyard. Despite the chilly February evening, the hotel staff generously provided the outdoor seating cushions and lit the heaters for a charming setting for drinks from the lobby bar and conversation with other guests. The centerpiece of the beautifully designed and landscaped courtyard was a fountain in a cauldron with a fire feature.

Upon arriving (very easy access from highways) we were greeted at the small unloading pull-in by the valet staff, who were very accommodating, prompt and service oriented. Parking was about $20 for overnight, but hey...it's Midtown Atlanta! Check-in was easy and courteous. The building has mid-twenties infrastructure, which appeals to me as authentic. Long halls and only one elevator. I had a room with two double (not queen-sized) beds, and a friend had a room with one double bed. Small, but adequate space. (I peered into some suites, which have a kitchenette, harking back to the apartment days!) Impeccably clean. The most annoying factor (related to an old building) were the loud plumbing noises, which actually woke me at one point. Maybe it varies according to room placement...my friend in the other room had no such experience. It was also possible to eavesdrop on enthusiastic revelry from the room above.

The bathroom was small, but serviceable. One of the most important aspects of a hotel room for me is the shower head...this was a rain head shower with great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The room had a completely stocked cash snack and beverage bar, with a premium single serve coffee maker. I object on principle to having to pay for in-room coffee; free coffee is as much expected in a hotel room as free television. In all fairness, complimentary coffee was available in the lobby. (There was also a $10 breakfast buffet I did not use.) I need at this point to emphasize that The Artmore Hotel is so reasonably priced that I could hardly believe I had scored a safe room in a boutique hotel in a prime location! I was so happy with this hotel that I only mention the plumbing noises and pay coffee in order to be thorough.

If you want the luxury of The Four Seasons, it's right around the corner. The Artmore Hotel, with its minor quirks, suits me just fine.

Room Tip: Please ask the desk about a room without plumbing noises. Also ask for a room facing the courtyard!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear smalltownexplorer,

Thank you so much for your great review of the Artmore. I am so glad you had a great experience with us, and we want you to come back quickly. We will save a great room for you, and a seat by the firepit.