“So close... but yet so far.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Get Artsy at the Artmore
Ranked #14 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Ball Ground, Georgia
“So close... but yet so far.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were expecting to give Artmore Hotel 5 stars. It's historic framework against the Atlanta high-rises and proximity to nightlife was very enticing. But the negatives countered the positives and we have to give it an average rating.

PROs: (architecture and location)
*Renovation/Decor is well done.
*Courtyard with nighttime fire is a plus.
*Door bells for each room were nostalgic touch.
*Aveda bath products
*Few blocks from restaurants and the High Museum

CONs (cheap instead of hospitable)
*Even though hotel was not busy, we were put in street level room. No sleep. Traffic never let up.
*No in-room complimentary coffee. It's there, but you will be charged.
*No extra blanket in closet. Bed made with two sheets and very thin blanket.
*Toilet paper reminiscent of rough, thin rolls used in national park facilities.

Room Tip: Insist on room away from street traffic. Rooms over courtyard might get noisy too if groups are gat...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirk W, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Mary S.

Thank you for such detailed Pro's and Con's. We also apoligize for any inconvenience caused on your visit. I would like the opportunity to get additional details to both resolve this issue and ensure that it does not occur again in the future. Please call me at 404-801-5212 or email kirk@artmorehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent one night here on the last night of our two week holiday in USA. Room was great...big comfy bed with crisp clean sheets. Big bathroom with jacuzzi bath was a novelty for a city hotel. We got this hotel on the recommendation of a friend and would highly recommend it to others. Good value, good location, comfortable clean and friendly. Check out the nearby south city kitchen for a great dinner.

• Stayed January 2013
Katherine T, Combining a visit to the Artmore with dinner at South City Kitchen is a great idea. One that I would recommend to anyone myself. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a great staff at the Artmore. From the valet, the desk, the bar and the club room. Everyone is very friendly and so helpful. Stay here twice a year for buisness and would recommend to others. Kaye in the Club room welcomed us every morning for breakfast and all the valet guys are great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie F, we are proud of our team and are happy that we all exceeded your expectations. We will pass on your feedback to Kaye and the entire team.

Safe travels until your next trip.
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The front desk staff was VERY friendly. As well as the bar staff. Also, this property is pet friendly. The courtyard is soooo beautiful esp at night. It was a great place to meet friends at night and enjoy a few drinks. The rooms were sort of art deco-ish with a retro feel. The rooms were clean and they had wifi! Valet parking is the best option unless you want to walk a short block with your bags. Overall it was a real good stay and we got a great weekend special!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Travelgirls J, thank you for choosing the Artmore Hotel and for your comments. It is good to hear from our guests that we are meeting and exceeding expectations and we look forward to your next visit to Atlanta.

Safe travels.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Artmore in late December. The accommodations were perfect for my family. The room was spacious, clean and beautifully decorated. The staff was helpful and friendly. The front desk staff assisted us with local attractions, directions and helpful tips. Breakfast in the Club Room was delicious and the server was very attentive to me and my young children. On our last night, my husband and I enjoyed a relaxing drink by the fire in the courtyard. Overall, it was a wonderful stay that exceeded my expectations. I will be staying there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I came here on my usual business trip because the Residence Inn was full this time. I am glad I did. The parking was more expensive but over all what I paid for my room and meals was comparable to the Residence Inn. The bonus was the relaxed, bohemian atmosphere. You certainly don't get that at your run of the mill Business/Extended Stay hotel. The hotel and the rooms were tastefully done. The bartenders, Anton & Jelly, were great hosts! I really felt like this was somewhere I could come home to everynight after work. It didn't feel like I was in a hotel. I would sacrafice my Marriot rewards for a place like this. This is a smaller boutique hotel so it may not be a perfect fit for every traveler but I would recommend it. The management here really wants you to enjoy your stay and it shows.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kirk W, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Chris S, It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we do look forward to your next visit. Our team members understand the value of building relationships with our guests and we all make the effort to make all guests feel welcome at the Artmore. Please note that we do also participate in a rewards program, STASH, and we would be happy to share information with you. Safe travels until your next visit.

Been to Artmore Hotel? Share your experiences!