“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Nashville
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The front desk staff was VERY friendly. As well as the bar staff. Also, this property is pet friendly. The courtyard is soooo beautiful esp at night. It was a great place to meet friends at night and enjoy a few drinks. The rooms were sort of art deco-ish with a retro feel. The rooms were clean and they had wifi! Valet parking is the best option unless you want to walk a short block with your bags. Overall it was a real good stay and we got a great weekend special!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kirk W, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Travelgirls J, thank you for choosing the Artmore Hotel and for your comments. It is good to hear from our guests that we are meeting and exceeding expectations and we look forward to your next visit to Atlanta.

Safe travels.

717 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Artmore in late December. The accommodations were perfect for my family. The room was spacious, clean and beautifully decorated. The staff was helpful and friendly. The front desk staff assisted us with local attractions, directions and helpful tips. Breakfast in the Club Room was delicious and the server was very attentive to me and my young children. On our last night, my husband and I enjoyed a relaxing drink by the fire in the courtyard. Overall, it was a wonderful stay that exceeded my expectations. I will be staying there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I came here on my usual business trip because the Residence Inn was full this time. I am glad I did. The parking was more expensive but over all what I paid for my room and meals was comparable to the Residence Inn. The bonus was the relaxed, bohemian atmosphere. You certainly don't get that at your run of the mill Business/Extended Stay hotel. The hotel and the rooms were tastefully done. The bartenders, Anton & Jelly, were great hosts! I really felt like this was somewhere I could come home to everynight after work. It didn't feel like I was in a hotel. I would sacrafice my Marriot rewards for a place like this. This is a smaller boutique hotel so it may not be a perfect fit for every traveler but I would recommend it. The management here really wants you to enjoy your stay and it shows.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kirk W, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Chris S, It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we do look forward to your next visit. Our team members understand the value of building relationships with our guests and we all make the effort to make all guests feel welcome at the Artmore. Please note that we do also participate in a rewards program, STASH, and we would be happy to share information with you. Safe travels until your next visit.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

While the hotel's website conjures images of a swanky boutique hotel like a Kimpton, calm down. You're not paying for one, so don't expect one.
Now the Artmore is a fine hotel, and a reasonable value. It's located in Midtown along a reasonably busy street, across the intersection from the Arts MARTA station, a block away from a fancy (quite fancy) Thai restaurant, and basic pizza place, and about 10 blocks (and about 25 minute walk) north of Georgia Tech.
The hotel itself is a refurbished (maybe) guesthouse/hotel from the 1920's. There isn't a restaurant, just a bar that serves a limited menu of food. The halls are covered in dark modern carpet, but you can just feel the old uneven flooring underneath. I got a huge suite on the 3rd floor. Walk into a spacious room with closet, kitchenette with high cafe table and chairs, flat screen TV, and sitting area with sofabed. Then there are stairs up to the bedroom area, with slanted roof/ceiling I presume from being a converted attic area. The bedroom area is also spacious, with walk-in closet and small desk in the low ceiling area.
PROS: affordable room, VERY spacious, somewhat boutiquey
CONS: big kitchenette, but no plates or utensils other than 2 coffee mugs (maybe you need to request them); sofabed has seen better days, with poor sitting support; loft bedroom really just looks like a repurposed attic bedroom of an old house, and not really a boutique hotel bedroom. For example, the walk-in closet had that old wire shelving and rod with those headless hangers and non-removable rings clipped to a couple of sections (making 3/4 of the closet unusable), windows in the ceiling (inexpensive honeycomb shades) didn't open easily), and the bathroom was a tiny converted home bathroom with cramped slanted ceiling, single piece (plastic?) sink/vanity counter, peeling wallpaper, and shower with that cheap-looking gold finish glass door frame, and shower with peeling/chipped paint tile floor.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PTBooth, as you mention, the Artmore is a beautiful boutique hotel built in 1924 with spacious rooms in a variety of categories including our 2 level loft, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. We are continually making improvements to our property and service and you have suggested some great examples of areas that we will focus on. Guest reviews are very important to us in understanding what our guest needs are and we thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We look forward to your next visit to Atlanta and the Artmore Hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I came into the Artmore Hotel (beautiful place might I add) looking for a venue for my upcoming launch party for business && Anton Jones showed me around and his hospitality $ attentiveness had me sold!!! I love this place & I'll visit more often now... He's an asset to this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Amanda H, thank you for visiting the Artmore hotel and sharing your service experience. We look forward to hosting your upcoming launch party.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed this hotel. It was close enough to restaurants and bars for us to walk and the courtyard was great. We really enjoyed lounging outside. Even as the temp was dropping, they had blankets and heatlamps. The room was surprisingly large and the beds clean and comfortable. The bathroom layout was strange in that there was no tub, just a drain in the floor for a shower, but this was not an issue at all. This will be our hotel of choice the next time we are in Midtown

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jon-son2003, thank you for selecting the Artmore hotel over the holidays. Yes, we are conveniently located with MARTA, restaurants, bars, entertainment and shopping all within walking distance. Being a small boutique hotel built in 1924, all of our rooms differ somewhat. We can also provide a room with a tub if you would prefer for you next visit.

Looking forward to assisting with your next stay in Atlanta.

Been to Artmore Hotel? Share your experiences!