“Quaint, but not the best” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Get Artsy at the Artmore
Ranked #14 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Tucson, Arizona
“Quaint, but not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I chose this hotel to visit Atlanta for the first time because of its great reviews. But, I don't feel it's as good as everyone says (and I'm not one of those people who likes to complain). The check-in was easy and I was able to do so early (at 1:30pm), but after 15 minutes of being in my room, the housekeeping manager walked in without knocking to check on the room, which was startling. She apologized though. They also forgot to include some things in my bathroom, which I had to ask for. Then, when I went to get a drink at the bar at night, I waited 20 minutes before leaving and after ordering from a very rude girl. While I was at the bar I heard a customer say to the bartender that she had been waiting 45 minutes for her food.

Obviously my initial impression of the hotel wasn't very good, but it improved. Most of the staff is wonderful (just a few bad apples). The breakfast was very good and affordable. One of the breakfast servers, Kaye, was awesome. She was so friendly and remembered me each day! It helped make my experience more personal. Also, the rooms were clean and the overall look of the hotel is nice. I'd say it's a good deal for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kirk W, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your service experiences with us. We value all feedback and apologize for any inconvenience while at the bar. We will share your comments with all team members in an effort to improve service and commend those who met or exceeded your expectations as Kaye had.

Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is the first time I have looked for rates to return to a hotel even before I finished my stay. I wished it was warm enough to enjoy the outdoor patio. I was wowed by the loft room. The kitchenette with a STOVE and almost full-sized fridge made me definitely think about future visits. The way the upstairs was situated was so relaxing and cozy. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel has good cable.

I ordered crab cakes and they were delicious though I wondered about the panini-like grooves. Breakfast (Thanks, Kaye!) was a full and fantastic treat after my walks and workouts. Turkey sausage, biscuits (I abstained but was impressed they were there), grits, and the coup de grace, homemade granola and low-fat plain yogurt. That's my favorite at home treat.

The staff were gracious and friendly. I only had one suggestion, that they have a list of routes to walk/run outside since I found out from someone else that Piedmont Park was nearby. The site is near shopping and art, if either of those are your thing.

The fitness center is small but adequate. The three cardio machines work, there's a bench and a set of nice weights.

What was also nice was the stairwells are open and clean and go from the basement, where the fitness center and club room are, to the third floor and it didn't feel like I was going behind the scenes.

Room Tip: If your knees can take it, ask for a room with the loft bedroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Travel42work, thank you for your feedback. We will share your comments about breakfast with Kaye and as a result of your suggestion regarding area jogging trails, all team members have been made aware of alternative jogging options in addition to our fitness center.

We look forward to your next visit.
McDonough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I picked the Artmore Hotel because I needed a room big enough for the small gathering that I was having for my 25th birthday. Check in went smooth. When I opened the door to the room, I almost let out a scream. The suite was AMAZING!!!! I had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite- 2 levels. It was beautiful. Everyone who came to the gathering couldn't believe what I paid for the suite. Checkout went smooth as well. I love the staff. They are there for you to answer your every question. The Artmore has exceeded my expectations. My friends and I are planning a girl weekend soon and have agreed to room at the Artmore hopefully in the same suite. Thank you so much, you made my 25th birthday a special one.

• Stayed November 2012
Tweety06, happy birthday and thank you for selecting us for this special occasion. You did select our largest room, our 2 bedroom suite, with 2 levels there is lots of room and we are glad that your celebration worked out well.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Outside Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Artmore at a conference rate for a local company's meeting. The hotel is across the street from the subway (Marta) so its easy and cheap to get here from the airport. I arrived at 11am and asked to check in. The desk clerk called housekeeping and had my room ready in 15 minutes. Wow! The room was very nice and very clean. The hotel offers a great hot free breakfast. Free wireless was good too.

Room Tip: I was in room 329 which is a two story duplex suite for $105. Wow, again!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your service experience with all readers. We are happy to accommodate guests with early arrival needs whenever possible and are happy that you had a successful visit to Atlanta and the Artmore Hotel.

Safe travels until your next trip.
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel was conveniently located within a block's walk from MARTA-- connecting it to all the attractions of Atlanta. The courtyard was beautiful to relax in after a long day-- as were the rooms themselves. Two outstanding staff at the hotel were Jelly- the bartender in the lounge area- who not only knew every cocktail made in the known universe, but seemed to epitomize southern charm with her smile and good conversation. Pam at the front desk managed to point me to all the major attractions in the city and provided me with great advice in seeing the sights that were must sees, and encouraged me to make another visit there--which I plan to do in the immediate future!! Highly recommended as a place to stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Scott T, Our unique property located within walking distance of the High Museum, Center Stage, MARTA transit station and so much more is ideal for travelers. We also pride ourselves on wonderful team members such as Jelly and Pam and we will share your comments with them and the entire team.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit. Safe travels until then.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and i spent the weekend in Atlanta celebrating her birthday and stayed at the Artmore Hotel. The staff was very helpful. The location was just a short walk to the Woodruff Arts Center, where we had tickets to a play at the Alliance Theatre, and to Peachtree Street in Midtown, which has lots of good restaurants and bar. We also enjoyed the hotel bar and the courtyard was very nice place to relax at the end of the day. There was free morning coffee in the lobby, but if you wanted coffee in the room you had to pay. The room was a bit noisier that we'd hoped, but wasn't really a problem. We plan to stay at this hotel during our next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kirk W, General Manager at Artmore Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for selecting the Artmore for your wife's birthday. It is our pleasure to serve you both and we look forward to your next visit.

Safe travels until then.
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Quite enjoyed our recent stay at the Artmore, and most especially the staff who were all warm and accomodating. Special mention to Helen in the breakfast room who is friendly and attentive, making sure that the food is kept warm and topped up, and the setting clean and refreshed. Thanks for being our home away from home.
Maureen

Room Tip: 333 offered the amenities of a small apartment with a bathroom for each of the two bedrooms.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MLGirvan, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences while visiting the Artmore Hotel. We will pass on your comments to Helen and the rest of the team.

Until your next visit, safe travels.

Been to Artmore Hotel? Share your experiences!