“Love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Minneapolis
“Love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband and I used to stay here regularly when my daughter was a student at Georgia Tech. We always loved this place. As we visited more frequently to Atlanta, we started staying in an apartment near my daughter's place

Recently, I had the chance to stay here again after a long absence with happy results. The hotel is in great condition and still has great service. The room lay out is so nice for two people to have separate spaces for tv watching and sleeping.

I did not park a car but loved the location and the lay out of the pool area. The lighting in the bathrooms is so much better for aging eyes then what I had at the nearby Renaissance.

Great job Marriott Suites Midtown.

Room Tip: High up rooms could have a nice view of city lights at night.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
atb2
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

The hotel is getting a bit dated, e.g. carpets, however, we would definitely stay there again. Room was large, clean and had nice view of the area. My wife wanted to take the bed home with us. Very comfortable. The personnel were simply outstanding and all levels, whether the maid service, guest services desk, bellmen, cocktail lounge. I am stickler for wanting easy check in / check out. I could not have asked for anything better from this staff including them allowing us a late check out. We asked for recommendations of restaurants in area and they produced a nice three page list with brief descriptions of several nearby. Dining in immediate area was great. About a 10 minute walk to beautiful Piedmont Park and 25 minute walk to Atlanta Arboretum. We rode MARTA in to hotel from airport. This is areal "no brainer" with about a five minute walk to this property from there. Nice area. Next door to Four Seasons. We were there on a conference rate, so it was very reasonable. We will return.

Room Tip: They offered us an "executive suite" when we checked in so I have no idea. I can tell you...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at this property for three nights and also conducted a conference while here. I'm very loyal to Marriott (Platinum Elite), so I gravitated towards this hotel. They offered a AAA rate for the length of my stay which helped defer business costs. I was also offered a bottle of water a check in, which was nice. My room was on the 18th floor and had an amazing view to the north skyline (Buckhead high rises). The room itself was incredibly spacious, had a huge tub, wonderful standing shower, and plenty of counter and closet space. The bed was my favorite aspect - and I am always a fan of Marriott beds - but these were something special. Mine was a full feather-topped bed with no fewer than 6 feather pillows, all fresh and crisp (if you're sensitive to down, you can request a feather-free room, I'm told). The room was quiet and free from hallway or city noises. As far as location is concerned, this hotel is ideal. Very easy access on and off the main north/south interstate, and easy walking distance to several restaurants, a big Starbuck's and Einstein Bros Bagels next door, not to mention Piedmont Park and Midtown nightlife just a few blocks away. The conference accommodations here were also great - they clearly know what they're doing. Banquet staff was great and meeting rooms/food were well done.

Pros:
1. Amazing location
2. Fantastic bedding and quality of sleep
3. Friendly and helpful staff (this goes for both front desk and for banquets/events)

Cons:
1. Expensive internet access for non-Elite Marriott members
2. Miniscule parking garage and expensive access
3. No Concierge Level for Elite members (they give you breakfast vouchers instead)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors for spectacular skyline views!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

A pleasant suprise. Compared to others in this chain, rooms were particularly roomy, stylish and well-furnished. Was very near where I had eetings, and also had good restaurants nearby. Recommeneded if you need to be in this area

scmgpl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed there for 2 days on a Business trip as my place of appointment was just 2 blocks away.Rooms were Big and so were the toliets.Loved the coffee maker in the room and also the breakfast options in the restaurant below.Have some good options to eat just up the road with a Thai Bistro.Only sour point was getting a taxi sometimes takes a while.Nice comfy bed and a great view of the city.next time will defintely stay there.

Clifton, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed here twice on business two consecutive weeks in a row. The rooms are quite comfortable with great beds and they are all spacious suites. The location is excellent (Starbucks next door, several nice restaurants within walking distance, easy access to downtown. However, this hotel falls short for a number of reasons. First, the staff is absolutely inept. On my second visit the desk clerk couldn't get me checked in because he didn't know how to work the computer. It was late in the evening and he had me standing there for 15 minutes. Finally, they had to have the security guy take me to the room and let me in. Sometime in the middle of the night they passed my room keys under the door. As I said the rooms themselves are great but it's the little things that really matter. When I looked at the bathroom sink - disgusting. It looked as though it hadn't been cleaned. I also have a personal issue with hotels that charge for internet access. Here it is $12.00 for 24 hours. I also have an issue with hotels that charge outrageous amounts of money to park. This place gets $18 a day for self park and an outrageous $25 per day for valet. What's worse is the parking garage is very tight. So, finding a space for anything larger than a smart car and having more than 6 inches to open your door is a problem. Also, it's easy to forget the level that you parked on because it isn't marked anywhere. So, if you are in a hurry and don't pay attention to the floor from the elevator then you wind up searching the whole garage for your car in the morning.
On my second visit I returned to my room in the evening to find that they hadn't made up the room. This is just plain poor management. So, to sum it up this place has all the elements (great rooms, good location, comfy beds, etc.) to be a great hotel but this is heavily offset by the gross charges for services that should be free or certainly a whole lot cheaper and management that needs to get it's act together.

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one night on a brief trip to Atlanta. I choose this property because I am a marriott rewards silver member and got a good rate. It is located in mid town and has easy access to all the sites. Room was typical for a Marriott, but small for a suite. Bathroom was nice, bed was a little "saggy" in the middle. When I checked in, the staff was busy and I had to wait several minutes to get in.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown? Share your experiences!