“Great hotel for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #109 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Smyrna, Georgia, USA
“Great hotel for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. On Priceline, I was able to get the Marriott for $36/night, a great value. It is convenient to I-75 with free parking. The lobby area is nicely renovated, and the rooms are well renovated as well. The bed is very comfortable, there is a nice sized flat screen TV in the room that can be rotated to be visible from the desk, and, unlike many Marriott hotels, there is FREE wireless internet. The only minor issue is that some of the carpeting in the corridors is worn, but I came to stay in the room, not the hallway!

I would definitely stay here again for $36!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Luxury Link

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night during a visit to Atlanta, Georgia. I'm relieved that we only stayed for one night because the rooms were really small.
-The room had an old and loud ac unit
-They were having a car show that weekend, and my room happened to be on the side of the parking lot of the event, so there was constant noise throughout the night.
-The room was not large enough for 2 beds or my family. We would have had to room elsewhere if we needed a room longer than one night.
Overall, this is not your typical Marriott. I will stay at the hyatt next time. For the price I paid, I was expecting a lot more.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

The public areas were nice and appeared newly renovated. When I checked in, the front desk person asked if I wanted a king room or double bed. As my Rewards account specifies King, I was confused as to why I was being asked, but said King anyway. After being told it would be no problem, I ventured upstairs to find... a double bed room. I called downstairs and informed them of the mix up, but the person said that they had no King rooms available. How they sold out of King beds in the three minutes it took me to take the elevator, I don't know. The room's thermostat was set at 75, and it was quite hot. I moved it to 68 and headed out for a day of meetings. When I returned, the thermostat read 79. The AC was blowing hot air! I couldn't sleep in such a hot room. In the morning, I called in to complain about the air and they said they would send someone right up. When I came back from my meetings, the cleaning lady in the hallway told me that she had found my door left ajar and that she had closed it - so apparently the maintenance person left my door open. The air was still hot - it took a second, rather insistent call to have someone come up to check on it. It took him a few minutes, but he got it done and apologized profusely.
Aside from the room mix up and the heat, the only other concern I had was the wireless Internet. The front desk said that they no longer use wired Internet service, but their wireless was unsecured, open, and only offered a single access point that pulled in two "bars." It is incredibly slow and incredibly unsafe to be using.
The cleaning staff was incredibly nice and dedicated to making my stay great. The room service was tasty and rich, so no problems there. All in all, these few mistakes really ruined what would have otherwise been a very pleasant experience at a nice looking hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
laurengrass
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

As soon as I got to my room, I found the first of many disgusting encounters. I went into the bathroom, and was greeted by a silverfish. Disgusting yes, but limited to the bathroom so I could deal. I ordered a sandwich and soup from room service - both were inedible. The next morning I discovered that all of my belongings were covered in Ants. And also there was another bizzar critter scurrying across my bed. When I called the front desk, they noted they would have someone spray my room. By mid afternoon the problem was getting worse..thankfully they switched my room. Which was more or less fine until this morning when I discovered a small beetle like bug in my bed.

I can handle poor service, poor food, but I can not handle BUGS. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
atlno, Management at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, April 22, 2009
In response to the comment left on TripAdvisor on April 2, 2009 regarding the insect problem, we are shocked and dismayed to learn of this experience. This is certainly not representative of the level of service we try to extend to each of our guests. We have ongoing service by a professional pest control company and have never been made aware of a pest problem. This was a unique experience and we are willing to take every step to ensure that there are no reoccurrences.

We apologize that a guest has left our property less than satisfied and hope that we are given the opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

Stayed here on the way back from Fla. to Cinti. Right off I-75, 1 exit N. of I-285. It was a very pleasant stay, clean comfortable rooms, 32" LCD TV, with digital cable, coffee maker, work desk, with desk chair. Also had a lounge chair in room. You are close (1/4-1.5 miles) to many restaurants. They have a lounge/bar and a full service restaurant, and a full breakfast buffet (with made to order eggs/omelet's) Had buffet it was very good. Hotel has plenty of lighted parking close to lobby. It was also very quiet. Booked room on priceline for $60 +tax. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in November, 2008. We booked this hotel and Hertz rental car (Economy car for 3 days) for $252.00 through Hotwire. Awesome deal. Outside view of the hotel was so-so. Typical beige looking Marriott hotel you can see any where. But lobby area was nice. Modern looking, more spacious lobby area than many other hotels I've been to. Nicely decorated with plenty of chairs to sit and relax. Complementary ginger cookie are offered in the afternoon.

In general, you can tell that the building was renovated pretty recently but there were plenty of traces of building being pretty old. Like many coatings of paint on the doors, out dated heating/AC unit in the room and etc.

Room: Nice LG flat-panel TV. Complementary wireless internet. They do have Ethernet hook up (Ethernet cable not provided) but we weren't able to get it to work. I'm not sure if wireless is your only option or it was just problem in my room. But wireless worked fine for us so no complaints. No fridge or microwave. Furnitures seemed pretty new. Renovated bathroom.

Pool/Gym: Work out area had several treadmills, ellipticals, medicine balls, and even free weights. All the equipments had little TV monitor attached to it (you need earphone to listen it and you need to bring your own). They do have indoor and outdoor (seasonal) pools. There was a hot tub next to indoor pool.

We found more than few discrepancies in Guest Services Directory. It probably was printed years ago and was never updated. We went down to the restaurant by the lobby for breakfast around 6:15 AM (because Guest Services Directory said that the breakfast is served from 6 AM). Wrong information. They don't open 'til 6:30 AM. We had to wait there for 15 min. Also, there were several wrong admission prices listed in this book for Points of Interest. CNN Center (Adult price listed $10, it's actually $12), World of Coca-Cola (Adult prices listed $6, it's actually it's $15).

By the way, breakfast buffet was $13.95 with coffee and juice included. Selections were not the greatest but it was good enough. Choice of breads, yogurt, oatmeal, potato, scrambled egg, 2 different type of sausages, bacon, 5-6 different fresh fruits, pureed strawberry (they had this in shot glass), omelet station, waffle station, and choice of cereals.

Overall, I was satisfied with hotel especially since we got a great deal from Hotwire. The location of the hotel was very nice also. Nice, safe area. Plenty of shoppings and restaurants are just a few miles away.

• Liked — Good rate we got from Hotwire
  • Disliked — No sauna.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

We drove to Atlanta from northern Virginia to deal with a family emergency and drove around looking for a place to stay. Nothing looked safe enough until we got to this property. Yes, it's old on the outside but they've updated the inside and the area seems safe. However, walking in off the street cost us $199+ per night for a weekday rate. I wish we could have paid more like $99 or less because it's not worth more. No fridge or microwave, small bathroom, bed too soft. Cleanliness is critical for us, and the room passed that test. Though, we got there at 5:30pm there were used room service trays lining the hallways that hadn't been picked up yet (yuk). We had dinner at Houston's around the corner, which was excellent. Hotel is very convenient to I-75; so convenient in fact, that we heard the interstate traffic all night.

Hotel is just average for what we paid. Would have been great for less than $100.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria? Share your experiences!