“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Billerica, Massachusetts
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Not the newest hotel, but still in good condition. Showers have a lot of water pressure...almost painful water pressure. Decent fitness center and restaurant on site. Close to Dobbins and Lockheed Martin if you have business there.

• Stayed September 2012
Frank Q, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank You for your feedback. We will do some additional research on the water pressure, we do have some renovations in the plan, may have a pressure reducer that needs attention. We appreciate your time in letting us know your thoughts about our hotel. Thanks for staying with us!
Be safe in your travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a great expereince during my stay. Great staff at the front desk as well as in the concierge lounge. Room was remodeled and very spacious. Had a room on the 15th floor with a great view.
Great workout room. Had many different machines to choose from.
Will be staying here in the future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank You very much for your feedback. I will review your comments with my team a our daily stand-up meeting. I truly appreciate the time invested to tell us when we have done well.
Be safe in your travels!
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed during the weekend at this hotel and I found the staff to be very accommodating. The front desk acknowledged by elite status and upgraded my room. The room was nice and it was typical for a Marriott branded hotel. The restaurant server's were okay, but the food was great. They have specials everyday that are fairly priced and the atmosphere in the bar was wonderful. Overall I give this hotel 4 stars and I would stay here again.

Pros -
1. The staff was very helpful. There was a woman who I assume was the FOM with blonde hair that always seemed to be going out of her way to help. I heard a platinum guest making a unique request and she was accommodating them.
2. The food is good! I had the special everyday.
3. The rooms are nice and I did not find my room in the main tower to be small as noted by someone below. I have stayed in JW marriott's that had rooms half the size of this one, but the price was 3 times as much.
4. Free internet for everyone! While I generally get free internet because of my status, this is a nice perk for those who are just occasional travelers.
5. Free parking!

Here are some cons of the hotel though -
1. The hallway is dated and you can tell that it has not been renovated.
2. It took me 20 minutes to get down the elevator one day for lunch. The service elevator is right next to the regular elevators which I found strange.
3. If you are Gold or Platinum you will not get free breakfast, but they do offer a 50% discount on the buffet. The buffet is pretty bad and for those of you who stay at Hilton's, the buffet here was lackluster.
4. Drinks next to the lobby can be expensive. With tax I was charged almost 4 dollars for a bottle of pepsi.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Frank Q, Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking a few moments to share your feedback with us. I'm very glad to hear that our staff made a good impression with their eagerness to accomodate. I have reviewed your comments with our chef and challenged him to create the same impression you had at Lunch with our Breakfast buffet. It's not OK with me to be behind the H word! WE hope to se you on a future visit! Be safe in your travels!
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed here at least 4 times and the good service and rooms have been consistent. I like the afternoon snacks and it is close to Papadeux as well. A short drive to downtown area as well. The bar is a bit pricey in comparison to the nearby options. The hotel does offer a 5 mile shuttle service.

Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking some time and sharing your thoughts with us! I am very proud of our team here, it's all about the people. We appreciate your choosing us and hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlanta. Be safe in your travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Only complaint was the room size, it was very small. We didn't stay in the main tower but a smaller building connected to the hotel. The beds were sooo comfortable we didn't want to leave! The staff was wonderful and location was sufficient to our needs. Would stay again!!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank You for your taking some time to share with us. Our staff truly do have a spirt to serve. I hope you will join us again if you in the Atlanta area. Be safe in your travels!
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Here for one night on business. Marriott closer to my office was sold out, this was nearest available.

Dirty hallways, old rooms, the toilet that won't stop running and a horribly noisy ac. Good thing it's only one night.

Also, it's in the middle of an office park area without any nearby shops or restaurants...not a place I will return to.

Stayed October 2012
Frank Q, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank You so much for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I'm sorry that you did not feel the value you expect from a Marriott at our property. We are planning renovations for 2013 that will address all of the issues you have experienced except the location. I hope that you will give us another try on a future visit so that we can regain your confidence.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

i have stayed at this hotel 20 times ore more. they have great people and great service. Facilities needs repair, and better internet service but solid hotel for business traveler. if you need high speed internet you need to request a room close to antenna.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galleria? Share your experiences!