“Best Cajun in Atlanta” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Hamburgers, Seafood, Bar
Seacrest Beach, Florida
“Best Cajun in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Growing up in Cajun land I can say this food was outstanding. The two of us shared all of our food. We knew we were ordering too much but it all just sounded so good. So we had Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Fried Crawfish Tails, Fried Shrimp PoBoy, and the soup of the day which was Crab Bisque.

Everything was seasoned to perfection. Just enough salt and a little on the spicy side which I adore.

The gumbo was a dark roux just like my mother used to make and that takes some time and attention. The crab bisque was delicious. It had a little kick that kept drawing my attention back to it.

The shrimp PoBoy was one of the best I have had outside of New Orleans. The plump fried shrimp were big and perfectly cooked. And now for one of my favorite things in life....Crawfish. I love them boiled, but sometimes a little more work than I want, so then there are the fried ones. These were outstanding. No thick batter.

All of the ingredients tasted as fresh as they could be. Nothing fishy or old oily taste about anything.

I thought the prices were very reasonable for the quality of the seafood and the amount of food served.

• Visited June 2013

Atlanta
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I was looking on Yelp to find something casual and quick on our way home from a trip. I saw the Big Easy, so we gave it a try. It is delicious!!! Felt like I was back in Louisiana. We both had a sampler basket and shared. Everything we tried was wonderful and the service was very good. This will now be a stop anytime we are in Atlanta.

• Visited May 2013
Denver
“Delicious, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

we had the crawfish etoufee, gator bites, gumbo, and fried crawfish bites. All delicious. It's a little off the beaten path, but the prices were good, the service was great. It's kind of that 'hole in the wall that has great food' type place. Casual dress/atmosphere, nothing fancy, but was friendly and engaging. My only complaint would be that Cajun food is pretty heavy, so I was FULL.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best cajunfood since new orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Simply put, you can not miss this if your into good food like you were celebrating
mardi gras every visit....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Little Taste of the Big Easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Consistently one of my favorite places to grab a quick lunch or dinner or a beer w/ friends. The po boys are excellent, all the traditional New Orleans dishes are spot on and my personal favorite, the Seafood Muffaletta, is awesome. The staff is nice, the beer is cold and parking is not bad! What's not to love about this place? New Orleans decor and a good beer list make this place one of my top pics for a Saturday afternoon lunch, either inside or on the patio. Give it a try and you won't be sorry.

• Visited June 2012