“Great service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pozole - CLOSED

Pozole
1044 Greenwood Ave, Atlanta, GA 30306 (Virginia Highland)
(404) 892-0552
Neighborhood: Virginia Highland
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Pretty good mexican food. Being on a business trip and trying to go out is not easy. We always need multiple checks for individuals. Waiter was very busy and didnt mind that we wanted six checks for three people! Great slasas and sangria!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta
“Double check your tab”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Interesting Day on Cinco Demayo. As the bar manager and bartender for over 6 years in college I am quite familiar with the bar business. After several visits to Pozole (since I live in the neighborhood) I invited a number of friends to the bar on May 5th. The service and food were average as usual, but we tend to go for the atmosphere. On this occasion since we had a large crowd the gratuity was included. Most of our party did not notice this and tipped generously over the tab. When I noticed the tip was included and the waitress never told us I was a bit irritated, but not surprised. When I asked the waitress about it the GM (Susan Aaron) overheard my request and decide to get involved. Truthfully I was rather I have just got my $12 back and call it day and let the waitress know I was not appreciative. The waitress came back with $10 and told the GM that I asked for the $10 back (Which was not true. I asked for the change. She is still shorting me) When I tried to explain to the GM that I know how this trick works she told me I should give the waitress a break. I thought I was giving her a break by just asking for the change. The GM went on to defend the waitress vigorously and the conversation deteriorated from there. Personally I understand that bartenders and waitress game the check from time to time. But the GM should know better. I was so frustrated I threw the $10 in the air and walked out. Apparently she threatened to call the police at that point. All of this because I was upset that her waitress had just puled an additional, dishonest 10-15% off of our table. She ran me down in the street and threw the money back at me. This is not bad restaurant normally, but if your going there make sure you check our tab.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Food & Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Simple fresh and wonderful food! I Love the Fiery blend in the Habanero Salsa, great selection of tequila in a nice open air environment.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Mexican Rest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my first time here a few friends in Atlanta took me here. The drinks were good and strong and the tacos are $1 on Wednesdays. Parking was ok it was a little crowded but we did not have to pay. When we arrived around 8 pm we were the only people in the restaurant. About 30 minutes later it was packed.

Visited November 2012
Clearfield, Utah
“$1.00 Tacos on Wednesdays, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Catching up with old friends was a treat at this neighborhood joint filled with fun energy, beautiful people and great food. The $1.00 tacos were a nifty bonus especially since I was enjoying $4.00 margaritas! This is a great place to hang out, relax, laugh and just escape for a bit. The bartenders, hosts and servers were all amazing, helpful and friendly. The traditional choices (ceviche, fajitas) that weren't on special were just as amazing.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Pozole, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.