“Seasons 52 for good food and service.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 3,425 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Paces Ferry Rd
Transit: 1.1 miles from Buckhead Station (N7)
Atlanta, Georgia
“Seasons 52 for good food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Seasons 52 has several locations in Atlanta and other cities. It gets it name from the fact that the menu changes seasonally and in fact sometimes on a weekly basis. It specializes in wonderful flatbread starters and though the menu seems a little limited, it offers a nice variety of meats, vegetarian and seafood dishes. I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed in the food or the service. When we were recently there, it was extremely busy and had a wait list. If your wait is very long you are offered drinks or an appetizer to fill the time. Another nice aspect of this restaurant is that they emphasize that no dish has more than 475 calories and most have less. They grill, steam, or pan sear most everything. No deep frying here! There was a live singer and keyboard player in the bar. Try them, don't think you will be disappointed. Don't forget to leave room for the meal ending "simple indulgences" - mini desserts that are to die for!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Houston, TX
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been to several Seasons 52 restaurants and I love the concept. But similar to my experience at this Seasons 52 location, my experience is inconsistent. Sometimes I get really good food, sometimes I don't.

As always, the ambience and decor was nice - I generally always like the look and "feel" of Seasons 52 - this was no different. I was disappointed to find that they did not have a children's menu and they had very few options for kids. We settled on cheese pizza for the kids in my crew and that did meet their needs. However, the way they brought the food out was odd. We had a large party of 12 and they brought out everyone's food but the food for the two kids. These kids were hungry and they had to watch everyone's food be placed in front of them. And when the waiters realized it, it was clear that the cheese pizza had been an afterthought. We had to wait a few minutes for the cheese pizza and all the adults waited to eat because no one wanted to watch these two little hungry faces look sad while everyone ate. Why would you bring the kid's food out last???

They finally brought out the kid's cheese pizza, but they only brought one. They forgot, apparently, that we definitely ordered two of the cheese pizzas (each pizza was small). But we got the girls going eating one of the pizzas while we waited for the other one. Overall, I get that the menu doesn't cater to kids. But if you see I have two kids, why not do something extra special or even normal - like bring their cheese pizza out first, rather than way last? Or perhaps bring out something for them while they waited and stared at the other plates of food on the table. We were there on a Sunday, early afternoon, and the place was not busy at all, so I don't see how it could have been a problem to better address the situation.

While we waited for the food, we did have flat bread (which not surprisingly the kids did not want as it had too much stuff on it for them). I did enjoy the flatbread, which they are known for. That said, while the flatbread was good, it's nothing I would write home about.

For my entree, I had two sides - one was tamale tots and the other was potato wedges with tamarind sauce. I did not like either of my sides - they were very bland even with the sauce. I was glad I had the flatbread prior. Some in my party really enjoyed their food - a few said it was just okay.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alabama
“Fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Seasons 52 is a restaurant that you will leave feeling like you've had a great meal that wasn't saturated in salt and butter. We had the plank salmon, fig flatbread, trout and all were very tasty. The service was excellent and our waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine list. We will return to this spot on our next trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“Fantastic fresh food, great locale, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

i was here for a business dinner and i thought this was a great restaurant if you feel like splurging a little. they are very fresh, and change the menu every week (hence the name). bar had a live piano player behind it and was lively. lighting is low and romantic. prominent wine displays and kitchen.

for whatever reason we were seated outside, which was fine because the restaurant smells like a wood burning stove. our service was very slow and we had 3 different waiters at one point. great wine menu. they restaurant boasts that nothing on the menu is over 500+ calories. food was nouveau and creative. flatbreads were recommended, flavorful and great to share. steak and lamb dishes were fresh with crisp tender broccolini. salads were a nice size with several choices. a guy in our party had a lackluster tomato salad....tomato sliced too thin and oozing with dressing. everything else was great though. grilled shrimp and risotto was a little bland and your dinner sizes are small. but its a health conscious restaurant and i was with a health conscious group.

desserts are tasting size and the server comes around with little shot glasses of delicacies (key lime, peanut butter mousses). great to get a bunch and share bites.

i would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area and looking for a cool place to go. be prepared to spend some cash but i thought it was worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
“Good fresh food - a little Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This visit was the first to the Buckhead location in Atlanta, however we have visited the other Seasons 52 restaurant near Perimeter Mall. The food is well prepared and served without a rush between each course. We were impressed with the flat bread that we selected (fig, goat cheese, bacon, drizzled with aged balsamic vinegar).

The atmosphere is very nice and upscale, although most people were in dressy casual, a couple of coats and ties for the men and one young couple had the guy in golf shorts. There are dark woods used throughout with down lighting as needed. This makes for a more intimate setting and the bar looked great for a drop by after work.

Although the caramelized scallops were recommended by many reviewers, I was not particularly impressed with the taste but maybe it's just me. I have had the plank salmon before and I would recommend it over the scallops. Lunch prices look to be about 25% less than dinner and although not inexpensive, there are a couple of entrees that were under $12. Most began at about $18 up to an area around $30. By the way, their corn chowder was excellent and you could easily make a meal of a flat bread split between two, a soup, and a small salad. For that you could expect to come out under $50 for a couple. Otherwise, with appetizers, a salad, regular entree, and maybe a glass of wine, you can easily expect to hit about $80-$120 for two people.

I will certainly go there again for a special occasion and light affair, but if you are just after a good freshly prepared meal and you don't care so much about the decor and ambiance, go somewhere else. There are many restaurants in the area that have wonderful food for about $50% less cost. The original "Flying Biscuit" is one as well as "Greenwoods" on Green Street in Roswell Georgia (about 25 miles north of downtown Atlanta).

• 4 of 5 stars Food