“Great Hotel, great location & great amminities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 Circle 75 Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
“Great Hotel, great location & great amminities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to Life Chiropractic graduation and stayed at this hotel...... it was in a great location to get to the school, had a wonderful breakfast, and a great staff. The rooms were very nice, with lots of room and the kids had fun in the pool and hot tub. Great place to stay!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Don V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. The staff at our hotel is our biggest asset and I hope you will stay with us again when you have an occasion to be in the area. Don Veum, General Manager

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Rainbow City, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

It isn't the Ritz, but that again it's not 300 a night. It's a clean, comfortable hotel, with a staff that actually cares. There's an indoor pool, a well appointed business center, and even cookies at the front desk. The locale is great and located only a block from a Target. The breakfast is hot and filling and the wells are well soundproofed. A great stay where you feel like the staff is there to serve you and don't just treat you like a walking dollar sign.

Room Tip: The bottom floor is smoking so 2-5th floors are a wiser choice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Don V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Your comments are very much appreciated. While we do think we have a great facility with all the amenities, I think our staff is what makes the difference by really trying to make our guests feel at home. Thank you for recognizing them. Don Veum, General Manager
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The bed was very very comfortable, great pillows, we had a good night sleep after a long ride. The bathroom was very clean. Shower water pressure was good too. The easy on and off from the expressway was a plus. The only not so good in this hotel was the breakfast. They run out of coffee early in the morning and have to wait for more to be brewed. The complimentary breakfast was poor but I guess "complimentary" is a key word in this aspect. Not a big deal taking in consideration the comfort and cleanliness of the room. Definitely will return on the way back from FL.

• Stayed December 2012
Don V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
We appreciate the great comments. I apologize for running out of coffee I know how important it is to start the morning started off right. Our breakfast has a rotation of items through the week so guests staying with us multiple days have a variety. Hopefully on your next stay we will have a variety out that better suit your tastes. Thank you again and look forward to your return from Florida. Don Veum, General Manager
Oviedo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was a great hotel to stay in. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and updated, the breakfast area was comfortable and the area was nice looking with their chimney!!! Closed to highway 75 and stores!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Don V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Great comments! Thank you. I hope you had some time to take advantage of the shopping in the area. Please visit us again when you are in the area. Don Veum. General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Booked with Hotel.com...did not receive the room offered and paid for just 30 minutes before checkin...booked via mobile phone...service at front desk was less than friendly. Room and hotel was very clean and up to par...which while traveling is more more important to me than front desk attendant.... even though we did not get the King Non Smoking room which was reauested and paid for through Hotel.com..I found this to be a very clean and respectable hotel. We did not visit pool...so I can not review that. We were just looking for a place to sleep after a long drive from Northern Indiana to Siesta Keys Fl.

• Stayed December 2012
Don V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I apologize for the confusion with your reservation and the service at the front desk. We do try to accommodate each reservation to the letter but sometimes due to unforeseen events we are not able to. You were probably placed in one of our large non smoking double queen rooms. I hope your stay was still comfortable. Thank you for the kind comment concerning the cleanliness. I do hope you will stay with us again so we might show you our true southern hospitality. Don Veum, General Manager
Northport, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife my 2 kids and I were going to be in Atlanta for a week so we decided to stay at the country inn and suites again. Big mistake. This place was not as good as it used to be, not even close. The night we checked in to our suite we got unpacked and settled in and turned on the A/C, the bedroom smelled like cigarette smoke (which my wife is allergic to,) someone had smoked in a nonsmoking room. I called the front desk, they gave us another room so I went to check it out and the A/C didn't work, So I went back down to the front desk, they didn't have another suite available. The front desk attendant was completely and totally lost and didn't know what to do so I had to tell her how to do her job (send housekeeping with some lysol and a new air filter, which should have been done before we checked in anyways.)

Then when we were going to get dinner, someone (probably drunk) parked beside us way over the line into our parking place, about 6 inches from my car so my wife could not get in, and we could not get my daughter's carseat into the car. I informed the desk attendant about the person blocking my car. My wife decided after a few hours she just wanted McDonalds so I walked up there (about 100 yards) got food and walked back. I informed the desk attendant again about the person blocking my car. The next morning my wife left on the shuttle to go to her training, I was going to go take the kids to visit some sites. The desk attendant had completely gaffed me off and did absolutely nothing to correct the situation and the car was still there. I informed the new front desk attendant of the problem and she told me there was nothing she could do. It took me calling Atlanta PD to come ticket and tow the double parked vehicle for them to finally do their job.

After my wife come back to the hotel we discussed moving to the Hyatt but she didn't want to deal with packing back up and moving to another hotel and unpacking again when she had to study. So we decided to stay, but never return.

As far as the other ammenities at the hotel they have either stayed bad or gotten worse. Their gym is still pitifully small and it and the pool are still down the hall through the smoking section. However the pull and hot tub are now saltwater which makes the hot tub bubble like a bubble bath and the pool was frigidly cold about 50 degrees. My wife and kids wouldn't get in the pool it was way too cold, I didn't care we don't have a pool and I love the water I wasn't wasting the opportunity, so I swam in it for probably about an hour when I was starting to get tired, I felt like I had gotten used to the temperature and had actually quit shivering but I was uncoordinated, and couldn't speak clearly. My wife told me my lips were turning blue, those are the classic symptoms of the onset of hypothermia, I realized what was going on and got into the hot tub to warm up. It would be very easy for someone who has never been in cold water before and not familiar with hypothermia to "get used to the temperature" and either go to sleep and drown or die of hypothermia, that's a major lawsuit waiting to happen.

We will not be back to the country inn and suites, we will stay at the hyatt from now on when we go to Atlanta.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Don V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I appreciate your comments and apologize for all that happened during your latest stay. We do pride ourselves on taking care of our guests but at times fall below our usual high standards. I apologize for the lingering odors in your room we make every effort to eliminate them. We offer smoking rooms to encourage smokers to stay out of nonsmoking rooms. The registration form includes our smoking policy: If you should smoke in a nonsmoking room, you will be charged a $200 cleaning fee. Guests are not allowed to check in without initialing this policy. I’m sorry our exercise room does not meet your needs. The hotels exercise room has two treadmills, an elliptical and a multi strength training unit; all our high quality equipment was purchased from Life Fitness last year. It is our practice to maintain a temperature in the pool between 78 to 80 degrees which is controlled by a thermostat on our pool heater and checked daily by our maintenance team. Since we are an indoor pool we set our temperature so the air humidity is comfortable for those not in the pool. I will be reviewing to see if an increase of a few degrees in pool temperature would still maintain a comfortable humidity level. Please contact me directly to discuss the incidents further if you would like. Be assured you comments have been heard. We will be updating procedures to help correct areas of concern and employee retraining will follow. Thank you again for your comments. Don Veum, General Manager
Chicagoland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stopped here for the night on our drive back from Orlando after reading the reviews. It lived up to the reviews. It was very clean and the free breakfast was very good. There weren't any two queen bed rooms left when we made our reservation, so we ended up with a suite. As we had a little one with us, it was great to be able to let her roam around in so much space. The only negative is that for a night's sleep, it was a little expensive. My husband and I are old enough to remember when there were motels you could get for one night on a road trip that were inexpensive and were basically just a place to sleep. It's hard to justify spending alot of money on a sleep stop when you aren't using the pool or other facilities. They all looked really nice, but we didn't use them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Don V, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I am very grateful for your comments. On your next trip if possible make an advanced reservation to insure the availability one of our great two queen bedded rooms. They are extra large so you will not feel cramped and save some cash for other fun stuff on your trip. Hope to see you soon. Don Veum, General Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria

Address: 4500 Circle 75 Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339
Location: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
#3 Best Value Hotel in Atlanta
#19 Family Hotel in Atlanta
#20 Romantic Hotel in Atlanta
#71 Business Hotel in Atlanta
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria 3*
Complimentary delicious hot buffet breakfast,Free shuttle to Galleria & 3 mile radius of hotel,free high speed internet,& manager's reception w/free food beer & wine (M-Thur). Features spacious guest rooms and suites with microwaves and mini-fridges in all rooms a heated over-sized saltwater indoor& pool fitness center, Located just off I-75 and only 13 miles from downtown Atlanta. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Carlson, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Atlanta-Nw At Windy Hill Rd
Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-Nw At Windy Hill Rd Hotel Atlanta
Atlanta Country Inn
Country Inn Atlanta Nw

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites Atlanta-NW at Windy Hill Rd & Cobb Galleria, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.